Third

Wait For Me

((THE NEXT DAY))

 

Their class was quiet. Half of the class were going to their new school- the boarding school. Everyone felt sad. Eventually, the entire day went good and to be honest, nothing had changed, yet. All of them have been friends since their freshman year; which were 4 years ago. Of course they’ll feel a sudden pang of sadness when knowing that the day was the last day they’ll be together studying in the class, learning new things, laughed when someone got scolded by the teacher, giggled when whispering to each other while the teacher is looking at the blackboard, trolling each other and even excel in the exam just like their heart has become one; they are one. They were a family and no family likes to go somewhere far from each other. Same goes to Taeminnie and Jinki. Just like them, the whole class smiled, made fun of each other and even trolled each other but everyone was actually holding their sadness and tears; the sadness of separating.

 

Whenever they would laughed, Jinki will took a quick look at Taeminnie. Memorizing her laughter that always made his day and her beautiful features; cute button nose, crescent eyes when smile, pink lips, fair skin. But when the younger caught his gaze, he blushed and formed a soft smile.

 

“Let’s walk home together later”, whispered Jinki.

“Ok”

 

After their last period has ended, they were all hugging each other and chatted with the ones who’s going to their new school; giving some encouragement and support. Jinki was flattered to have this kind of classmates; friends. They were all so sweet- so kind and caring.

 

While hugging and chatting with some of his classmates, his eyes were roaming the class.

 

“Searching for her? She’s outside. Mumbling something along the line ‘he’s happy he’s happy’”, said Jonghyun. The short boy with muscular body was one of Jinki’s primary school friend. He was the one who noticed something between Jinki and that girl first. “Tell her”, he whispered.

Jinki let a soft smile. I think I will.

“Thank you, Jjong”

“Take care of yourself. We won’t be there to take care of you. Goodluck, my friend”

Jinki hugged Jonghyun and the shorter boy replied with a hand at Jinki’s back.

“Take care of her while Im not here. Please”,  Jinki said while still hugging the boy. Jonghyun just nodded and a little more. “I will, Jinki. Don’t worry”.

“Thank you”

 

Everyone knew about the younger and the older feelings toward each other. It was just, both of them didn’t have the courage to confess, thus denying to everyone that they were nothing more than best friend.

 

When Jinki had hugged everyone and talked with everyone, he excused himself and went out of the class. He saw Taeminnie outside the class looking down to the tiles. He walked to her and grabbed her hand. Taeminnie wasn’t shocked since they used to hold each other hands when some guys tried to woo her. Jinki just wouldn’t allow them to woo her, instead he will acted like he was her man. That’s what bestfriend do, right?

 

“Let’s go”

“Ok”, Taeminnie smiled a little and let her best friend led her through their way.

 

Silence took over them while they walked hand by hand to their neighborhood. No one dares to start the conversation first. Both were to shy and embarrass to say anything.

Then Jinki remembered her mother once told him when he was little, that he needed to ‘man up’ when it comes defending what is his. Yes. Taeminnie is his. No  one could have be close to Taeminnie beside him. No one could hold Taeminnie’s hand beside him. No one could be a better best friend to Taeminnie than him. Man up, Jinki.

 

“Hey Minnie”

“Yes?”, Taeminnie peered up looking at Jinki. Jinki just noticed, she was indeed pretty. No wonder those boys tried to flirt with her, pftt. The way her eyes turned crescent, the way her pink lips turned into a wonderful smile, the way her soft jet black long hair falling over her shoulder whenever she turned around-perfect.

Jinki stopped walking suddenly and that made Taeminnie felt weird. “Jinki?”


“Here. I want you to have it”. A necklace with a silver ring was placed in front of Taeminnie’s eyes.

“What? No. I can’t have it, Jinki. It’s pretty but you know how clumsy am I. I’ll lose it within a second”

“Please, Minnie. Take it. I want you to. It’s okay if you lose it. I got this as a gift in a carnival”
“You whatttt?!”

Jinki laughed.

“Okay okay, of course not. I was just kidding. The necklace wasn’t that pricey, let’s just say it’s affordable for me to buy and I have this ring since my primary. I really want you to have it. Please”

“I will lose it, Jinki”

“No, you won’t. I know you won’t. You wouldn’t loss it if you cherish our friendship, right?

Jinki locked his gaze to Taeminnie’s eyes. She was confused but in the same time, she was happy.

 

Taeminnie let Jinki placed the necklace around her neck. She was speechless. She wasn’t protesting nor allowing. She stood in front of Jinki trying to process what were happening.

“Stop thinking. It looks pretty on you…..but of course you’re more beautiful than that thing”

“Ohh shut up, Jinki”

Jinki giggled. The laughter that came out from the boy’s lips made Taeminnie blushed.

 

They kept walking till they reached Taeminnie’s front porch. Jinki live just a few road nearby so he sometimes would walk the girl to home.

 

“We’re here”, Jinki mumbled.

“I will miss this neighborhood. I will miss our classmates. I will miss the school. I will miss Jonghyun, Key, Minho…..you. I will miss you, Meenie”, Jinki lowered his eyes meeting with the girl’s.

 

It was weird. This was weird. Is best friend supposed to feel this kind of things? Both of their hearts were beating abnormally yet they felt……so happy. Their feeling was wonderful.

“I will miss you too, Jinki”, replied the girl with a low voice. She’s shy. Why would I be shy? It’s just Jinki.

“Don’t worry. You’ll be fine. Remember, I’ll support you no matter what. Go catch your dream, Jinki”, Taeminnie clutched her small hands to the hem’s of Jinki’s school blazer.

 

“Take a good care of this, ok?”, said Jinki while took a good hold of the necklace around the girl’s neck.

“Take care of yourself. I won’t be here always. I’ll only get back home once in every 2 months”

 

“Ok, Jinki”

Jinki hugged the petite girl. The girl froze, not knowing what to do. Why is my heart beating so fast?

"Please, Taeminnie. Please. Wait for me", he said before locking his gaze to the hazel brown piercing eyes. 

 

Taeminnie’s heart skipped a beat. And that was when it strucked her. She was falling for Jinki. No, she likes Jinki. No, she loves Jinki. Both of them were just so attached to each other that the presence of the other will surely affect their life so much. Jinki was confessing. Okay, maybe it was not literally confessing but he was showing his gratitude of fondness and love to the girl.

 

Taeminnie relaxed and replied “I will, oppa. I will”

Jinki used his height advantage to kiss her forehead. Jinki could smelled the sweet fragrance of the vanilla shampoo. He’ll miss that too. Taeminnie clutched her hands into Jinki’s blazer more; closing their gap.

 

“Thank you, baby”, whispered Jinki near the girl’s ears. Thus, making Taeminnie shivered at his cold breath.

“Ohh shut up, Jinki”

 

“Baby, you’re ruining the mood”. Taeminnie just blushed more and mumbled incoherent apologize.

“Its okay, my love”, he kissed the top of her head again.

 

They did not confess officially yet but they now knew each other heart. Now they know why they were so fond of each other, why they were attached to each other, why their life would affect so much with the presence of the other. They weren’t just connected with a good friendship that made others green with envy, they were also connected with hearts that had fall for each other- the hearts that would never replace one and another with anyone.

 

Taeminnnie hid her face into Jinki’s chest because only god knows how deeply she was blushing right then. Jinki knew she would react like that. Instead, he just tightened his grip to the other’s waist more. Please wait.

He felt a soft lips landed in his cheek. Taeminnie had kissed him, even though it’s just a quick peck at the cheek, it was amazing. Jinki was mesmerized by how soft her lips was.

 

“Thank you for the necklace. I better get inside. Goodbye, Jinki”, she stuttered.

Jinki saw the petite girl’s eyes glistening. He hates it too. He doesn’t want the moment to end- he wants to live in that moment forever. Jinki gave a soft peck at her forehead, her cute button nose and both of her cheek.

 

“Smile. For me” whispered Jinki before losing his grip on Taeminnie.

I will.

 

Taeminnie smiled and that made her eyes turned crescent like the first time they met- the eyes he admired so much. After excusing herself again, she went inside her home and Jinki left her house with a heavy heart.

 

I’ll wait for you.

Both of them mumbled softly enough for them to hear and ease their aching heart.

 

Later that night, Taeminnie played with her necklace after brushing her teeth before hopping into her bed. Jinki. There was a word 'Lee Jinki' engraved at the inner side of the ring. Jinki. Taeminnie smiled. I won’t lose it. I promise. She then slept with a smile plastered on her face, knowing that she have something to remind her of Jinki and how precious their friendship were to each other.

 

A/N: Hey you guys. I'm sorry if the plots werent what you guys have expecting. I'm busy these days with mid-term exams, competitions and etc. Again, I'm really sorry. I'll try to keep update the way I had promise. Don't worry! Ohh and I'm busy on Sunday, so cheers for the early update weeeeeeee. Have a nice day xx