Fourth

Wait For Me

Taeminnie’s POV

((A MONTH LATER))

 

“Taeminnieeee!”

“What Key? No need to shout, I’m just beside you”

 

“Are you going to the event? You know, the one by the end of this month”

“What event? I’m lazy, Key. You know I am”
“Uhuhhh Tae. You’ll like it. I mean you will love it! Everyone in our class will be going including our former classmates, Suho, Yixing, Luhan, Minseok, bla bla bla and including…”

“Jinki”, I said softly cutting out Key’s never ending babbling.

 

“We’re going with Minho since he just got a car for his recent birthday from his father. Pfft, show off. So, are you going? You are, right?”

“Yeah, I think I will”

 

It has been a month already and I am really trying to coop not having Jinki by my side. You spoilt me too much, Jinki. Well, is he’s happy then I should too. I’m sure he’s doing fine there. Don’t let this feeling disturb you, Taeminnie. Now, it’s time for you to reach your dream oh dear self.


 

No one’s POV

 ((THE FIRST DAY AT THE BOARDING SCHOOL)) (yeah, it's a few weeks back)

 

“Hello. I’m Lee Jinki. Please take care of me well”, said Jinki while bowing in front of his new classmates as a gratitude of respect.

 

“You may sit at the back, Mr Lee”, ordered the homeroom teacher, Mrs Choi.

 

Jinki was nervous for sure. It’s his frist day of school; a new one to be exact. He barely recognized anyone. Just be honest Jinki, you knew no one. Just stay strong, everyone believes in you.

 

He went to his seat at the back of the class. He took out his spectacles and wore it. Yes, he has  slightly bad eyesight. He rarely wore it when he was in his former school and that was the reason why he always sat in the front row of the class. He didn’t need to wear it regularly since it’s not that crucial either. He still could see, it’s just it would be a little blurry and this was when Taeminnie become handy. She has an amazing eyesight. Jinki, you’re already missing her. You’ll do just fine. Don’t worry. Jinki just sighed for the umpteenth time that morning.

 

“Hey, I’m Joon”, said the boy next to him.

“And I’m Luna”, smiled a small red-headed girl that was sitting in front of him.

 

Jinki could just sent a small smile since the teacher was clearly sending them an unpleasing look, letting them know that it’s class time and a ‘no talking during my class’.

 

Introducing, done. Please oh please, I hope my entire day be at ease.

 

 

((2 WEEKS LATER)) (It's when Key asked Taeminnie about the event)

 

It’s hard, It’s hard, It’s hard. I have no privacy and I’m becoming a robot.

 

Jinki was having a hard time trying to suit well in the new school. Well, who wouldn’t?

No, Jinki. Everyone believes in you. You can’t give up now. Umma, Appa, Jjong, Key, Minho. Minnie too. You just can’t. Jinki let out a soft smile and sighed. Yeah, Minnie did said she believes in you, right? She would always nag when you’re in this kind of state back then. What a nice way to give comfort, right? She’s indeed a special girl.

The next few days went like a breeze of air. Nothing minor nor major happened except one thing; homework. The homework given by the teachers were increasing day by day and Jinki couldn’t do nothing than to only sighed as he looked at the assignments and homework he had been given. He barely has any time there since he’s a hostel student now. It’s not like he can’t tolerate with hostel life, it’s just he still need to coop with everything and it’s quite impossible since it’s just been a few weeks no, no longer that a month. He used to study till late at night, putting an all-nighter. He always burned the midnight oil. Now he couldn’t. He could only study within the school periods and the prep sessions at the evening.

 

Everyone believes in you, Jinki. That was what he kept telling his self and chant over and over again like a magic spell since he first step to the new school. Jinki sighed and inhaled deeply to try erasing his worriedness.

 

Why is it so hard? Am I becoming dummier? I couldn’t understand a thing but it’s not even hard. I couldn’t even finish this question and it’s half an hour already. Jinki felt his eyes teary. That’s it. He needed to release it. He couldn’t hold it no more.

 

He went to his bed and laid his head into his pillow. He let his heart out and cried. Taeminnie once said that crying is good. He couldn’t really believe that he was actually crying during that time.

He has been crying for a good and hour now but his heart was still aching. His body felt weak. He needed to study but he couldn’t concentrate. He can’t digested any of the formulae and he hated that.

 

He took out his wallet, put on his grey hoodie and went out of his room to the nearest telephone booth. Yes, the school didn’t allow their students to bring any electrical gadget unless it’s necessary.

 

He dialed the number.

 

“Hello?”, the voice said. The voice that he’s been longing and missing since he’s been there. The voice that used to nag him and yes, he would do anything to listen that voice nagging at him again.

“Minnie..”, he said with a trembling voice. Jinki tried to control from stuttering but he can’t. He can’t control it due to the sadness.

“Jinki? What are you doing? It’s already 3 in the morning?”, asked Taeminnie. Please nag, Jinki closed his eyes wishing. Instead, Taeminnie just said with a soft tone. Jinki hate that. The girl would only make things harder and he would surely be missing her more. He’s going to cry again. He missed his friends, he missed his life back in his former school. He missed her.

“Baby..”, Taeminnie could hear a sniffled from the older boy.

“Oppa? Are you okay? You don’t sound ok”

”It’s hard. Taeminnie, It’s hard. I’m losing myself. I…..need you here.”

“Oppa, I know It’s hard. Everyone know It’s hard. But don’t you remember? It’s your dream to study there. You’ll be just fine. Everyone believes in you”

“But…”
Taeminnie cut out the older’s rants and said a soft “I believe in you”.

 

And that what made the boy’s heart felt a little ease. Listening to her voice was some of Jinki’s favourite personal encouragements and the last sentence was just a bonus.

 

“Jinki?”

“Thank you, Minnie. You made me feel a little easy again. Thanks, baby”

“Ohh shut up, Jinki. But wait, what are you doing up in this hour? YOU SHOULD SLEEP, LEE JINKI?! HOW MANY TIMES DO I NEED TO TELL YOU THAT IT’S NOT GOOD TO ALWAYS PUT AN ALL-NIGHTER?!”

 

Jinki chuckled. Same Taeminnie as always. “Alright, alright. I’m going to hang up now. Goodnight, baby. Sweet dreams, my love”

 

Jinki could imagined Taeminnie smiling on  the other side of the line. Her cute little smile. “Goodnight, oppa. Yeah, you too. Sleep well”

 

And let’s just say both of them especially the boy, could slept without any worriedness because the next day, he woke up early as usual and made a good mug of Milo and sat in front of his tall piles of homework as that day was the weekend. Everyone believes in you, Jinki. Now, let’s start.

 

((A WEEK LATER))

 

“Taeminnie, Mrs Hwang called for you in her office”, said her homeroom teacher. I wonder why did the teacher called for me. Did I do anything wrong? Taeminnie gulped while all eyes in the room were piercing her. I hope not.

 

Taeminnie was called to the discipline teacher’s office; Mrs Hwang’s. No one likes to be there. Whether you did something wrong obviously or not, you will always feel scared like you were about to meet a boss of a mafia gang or something. Even by staring at the door knobs could give anyone her vibes. Ok, maybe those were a little bit exaggerated.

Knock knock.

She knocked and there was a soft ‘come in’ could be heard before she let herself in. “Oh, it’s you Taeminnie. Take a sit”, said the well-known to be fierce Mrs Hwang while adjusting her round spectacles on her nose bridge.

 

“Yes, Mrs Hwang? I’ve been told that you were calling for me.”

“Well, yes. Are you free this weekend? There will be a camp at our neighboring state and the school principal recommended your name, Miss Lee. Don’t ask me why but I would feel honored if I were you”.

“Me? I’m sorry but I don’t think I could go. I have an event to attend this weekend”

“Well if the principal recommended your name to me himself, that means he is really hoping for you to go, Miss Lee. It’s a big opportunity. Please reconsider it”.

 

Taeminnie hesitated for a while. “I will, Mrs Hwang”, said the girl before excusing herself from the room.

 

Should I go to the camp? Or should I go to the event? But I want to see Jinki. I miss him. We have a lot of things to chat and to share.

That night, Taeminnie told her parent about the camp and the event. She asked for their opinion since clearly they were wiser than their lovable daughter in making decision. It’s true, the event was the only way she could me Jinki after such a long time. But what Mrs Hwang said were true as well. The camp was a big opportunity and to be honest, she knew it would be such a waste if she let go of it. The principal even recommended her name to Mrs Hwang and she did felt a little honored to be honest. She made up her mind and went upstairs.

 

She texted Key.

 

To: Key

From: Taeminnie

 

Hey Key, I don’t think I’m going to the event. I have to go to a camp. The principal asked me to, I can’t say no. Tell everyone that I said ‘Hello’and please send my regards to the other classmates. And Jinki too. I really want to meet them though, I miss them.

 

 

To: Taeminnie

From: Key

Really? Well it won’t be the same if you’re not joining. But no worries, I’ll convey your regards to them. I’m sure they missed you as much as you missed them, Tae. And I’ll let Jinki know that too. Have fun at the camp!

 

Taeminnie sighed and began to pack her necessity things for the 3 days 2 night camp. It won’t be a long camp, I’m sure it’ll end in a blink of an eye, said Taeminnie coaxing herself.

 

((THE NEXT DAY))

 

Taeminnie sat at the back seat of Mrs Hwang’s car. She’s nice, she was just…..strict I guess. Everyone said she was strict even for the slightest things. Well, she't not. She just won’t qualms when it comes giving punishment to the student who broke the school law for sure. Well, who wouldn’t? No one likes troublemaker.

 

As they arrived to the campsite, Mrs Hwang helped her with her bags and waved goodbye before disappearing from Taeminnie’s sight.

 

It’s quite a decent place for a camp. There’s a river beside the camp dorms, few huge halls here and there. There were a lot of activities that she could do there such as canoeing, jungle tracking, swimming and others. I guess it wouldn’t be a boring camp after all.

 

“All participants please register yourself at the front counter in the hall by your left. Thank you”

 

All the other participants including Taeminnie went to the said place as soon as the instructor said. Everyone knew that discipline was crucial in every camp. It’s not hard for Taeminnie since half of her class were prefects; don’t want to be caught red-handed but let alone, she was a bright student herself.

 

And that’s when she saw it. She saw Jinki. Jinki was there as well. Oh how fate bring them together. But Taeminnie big grin suddenly disappeared. There was a girl beside him, holding his arm and helped him to dust out each other clothes. Taeminnie’s heart clutched. Yes, she was happy to see Jinki….but who was that girl? And the fact that they never made it official broke her heart even more. They did have feelings for each other but would Jinki changed his mind now? They never made it official- their relation. We’re not even official, not a couple. It’s not possible for him to like another girl. I’m only his best friend, nothing more.Is it? We only like each other….as best friend, are we? 

 

A/N: So how was it? Well, I hope this chapter wasn't that short nor too long. I'll be having my mid-terms starting this week and will end 3 to 4 weeks later. Ikr, it's longgggg. Don't worry, I'll try to update twice a week /cross finger/. Got to go now, my books are calling for me. Enjoy and goodbye. Ohh and wish me luck xx