First

Wait For Me

‘Jinki!’

 

Jinki turned around and looked for the voice that called him. It was still early in the morning, in fact, it was the first day of school. Yes, they just had their school holidays. Then, there was a flashy smile that he’s been longing and yearning for the rest of the holiday vacation.

 

“Hey, Taeminnie”. Jinki smiled at her. Taeminnie and Jinki has been best friend since kindergarden. Well at least, that was what most of their friends told them. Both of Taeminnie and Jinki will just shook their head away, convincing their friends that they were just friends who coincidentally knew each other for a very long time.

 

“You are early today”

“Well, of course I have to. I am a prefect, as u can see Taeminnie. Are you forgetting that?”

Taeminnie just blushed. Great Taeminnie, you have just embarrassed yourself in front of a guy.

 

They chatted about their not-so-fun-yet-atleast-i-have-some-rest school holidays while walking together along the hallway to their new class. They were in their senior year. Well at least for the boy it was. Taeminnie was just lucky. She skipped 2 grades since her IQ level was as high as Jinki’s batch was. Her best friend Kim Ki Bummie or people would call her Key due to her diva personality would always mocked her, saying that her IQ level was taller than Minho obviously. Haha. How funny, Key. These mocking will only lead to a smack to Key’s head from the not-so-innocent-no-more lady.

 

“Hey, we are still older than you. You always smacked us but you never smacked Jinki! It’s not fair” pouted Key.

 

Jinki could only let a soft chuckled and blushed to the fact. Yes, she never smacked him. Well maybe I’m just good to her. Haha. At least I don’t have to feel her wrath.

 

“So Taeminnie, where do you want to sit?” the older asked while surveying few seats in the new class they were going to use for the rest of the year.

“I don’t want to be at the most front rows nor the most back. I guess I’ll just sit behind you then. As long as I’m near you I’m okay with it since I need someone to nag me when I’m sleepy in the class” said Taeminnie while flashing her pearly white teeth.

“Aigoo I know you are younger than me. Don’t need to be any more cuter ok. No one could resist that”

Taeminnie blushed then brushed off the feelings and just snorted “Yeah yeah whatever. No need to praise me. I know everyone loves me”, she said while swinging he long jet black lock side to side.

Well that’s how the rest of the day went. Jinki being all lovable to Taeminnie and Taeminnie being all active and cute to the older. But their other friends and classmates could only facepalm maybe for the umpteenth time since both of them still denying their feelings nor relationship that looked more than a friend-friend or oppa-dongsaeng relationship through other people eyes.

 

((3 WEEKS LATER))

 

“Hey Taeminnie! The results are out. Did you looked at it? You did apply to the boarding school, right?” asked Key.

“Yeah, I did. But I don’t think I’ll be going. I like it here”

“Well, Jonghyun, Minho and I didn’t get accepted to our choices. Let’s just stay here. Wherever you study, you will be fine as long as you worked hard for it, right?”

“Yeah. You are right”, the younger between the two answered.

“Ohh I heard that Jinki got accepted to the top boarding school. You know, the one he dreamed off going since his freshman year”

“Ohh…Jinki? Of course he’ll get pick. Im happy for him” replied Taeminnie. But Key was not stupid. She knew Taeminnie well. She noticed the slightly trembling tone in it. Key knew Taeminnie’s feelings. It just the girl didn’t really noticed how she was attached to Jinki. Yet.

After for a while, Key excused herself to pick some stuffs in her locker before the first period of school start.

Since the class has started, Taeminnie and Jinki didn’t even mention anything about the boarding school. They did asked and talked about it to the others, but they just won’t talk about it to each other. It was indeed weird not just for both of them but for the entire class as well. They never be so quiet around each other. This is something new yet awkward.

During recess, Taeminnie felt lazy to even move an inch from her seat. “I don’t want to go to recess. I want to sleep”, she mumbled softly.

“Taeminnie..” Jinki turned back from his seat to look at his friend.

“Hmm yes” , Taeminnine gave a small peak at Jinki but still didn’t bugged to move her head much. She still laid her hear head on her desk.

“Are you ok? Or are you sick?”

Taeminnie silenced for as second. I think I do but I don’t know why, It wasn’t my body that are aching….but my heart is.

“I am not. I just don’t have any mood today”

“It’s the time of the month, huh?”, asked the elder between the two.

Taeminnie hid her face and just nodded her head softly.

“Aww Minnie sweetie, you’re so cute. You don’t need to feel embarrass with me. Do you want me to accompany you?”, asked Jinki softly.

 

                Taeminnie raised her head a little and connected their eyes. Jinki’s eyes looked different today. He looks……sad yet confused.

 

“Ok.Thank you, oppa”, Taeminnie smiled softly. She sometimes did use the word oppa. It’s not like Jinki even mind. Instead, the way that Taeminnie say oppa with soft whispery voice always make Jinki’s heart skipped a beat.

 

“Welcome, baby. Anything for you” Jinki replied while ruffling the younger jet black hair.

“Oh shut up, Jinki”, she let a soft chuckled.

There was a pregnant of silence when …..

“Are you going to the boarding school?”

                Jinki heard it. This was the moment he’s been avoiding the entire day, especially from the girl. He was doing normally fine but he guessed it was just fate. Of course the younger girl would ask him sooner or later. He needed to tell Taeminnie that he’s going to the boarding school. His heart tells him to go chase his dream since it was one of his biggest dream to attend the top school, but a part of him tells that he should stay. He will miss Taeminnie’s wrath, her smiles, her laughter, her naughty childish side, her not-so-bad cooking, her nags every time he slept late and put all-nighters because she was worried about Jinki’s health. Yeah yeah yeah, you sound just like my mom, Minnie. He’ll miss everything about the younger girl.

“I guess, I am. I heard that you got accepted to your choice as well?”

“Yes, I did but I don’t want to go. My heart felt heavy to leave this school. You’re really going?”

“Yes…. Why?”. Jinki’s right hand was still playing with Taeminnie’s hair while his head rest beside Taeminnie’s on her desk.

“Nothing. Congratulations, Jinki. I hope you’ll do your best there. I know you will have friends in no time”

 

                Jinki’s left hand grabbed Taeminnie’s small hand. Weird. Her small hand fit perfectly in his hand.

“Taeminnie..” said Jinki softly.

“yes?”

“Taeminnie….”

“Yes…oppa”, Taeminnie raised her heads and their eyes connected. Their faces were close. Jinki looked at Taeminnie’s beautiful feauture, trying to memorizing it while he can. He could sensed the girl’s sadness in her tone. He knew she was sad. He was sad too.

 

“Do you want me to go, Tae?”

“Please. Don’t ask me like that. I’m just happy that you got accepted. It’s your dream, Jinki. Just go. Please. Don’t let anyone go against you from reaching your dream. I’ll be happy if you’re happy. You’ll do just fine. I believe In you”

Jinki heart felt heavier….and more confused.

 

“Please smile. I don’t like it when you’re frowning. You look ugly”, said Jinki while looking at his best friend pouting. Stop pouting oh dear no one could resist that.

“Im sorry. It just, you look more beautiful with a smile on your face”, he said while hesitantly gave a soft peck on her forehead.

Taeminnie just squeezed their intertwined hand and smiled softly because its hurt for her to smile. She shouldn’t be smiling in this situation- in this moment. She will miss Jinki.

                They actually slept in that position. Both of their head resting beside each other on Taeminnie’s desk. Jinki’s left hand interlocked with the smaller one and their face facing each other. It’s a nice sight and when their other classmates came back from the long recess, they just aww-ed. Everyone knows their feeling towards each other. Both of them were just blind by the fact that they are nothing more than best friend. Sure, that what they always say. Well at least they had admit that they are best friend.

 

A/N: So, here you go. The first chapter. Enjoy and thank you xx