♛: Cheese Ball

The Love That Came To Me Secretly

Chapter 8:

Cheese Ball

♛♛♛

 
 

It was a nice Sunday morning.  Jaehee woke up early and hummed happily on her way out to the bathroom.  Today, as planned, she was going to visit the very busy Rachel.  After getting all set, she played GD X Taeyang’s “Good Boy” and sang happily as she went downstairs. 

“I am a good boy~”

Reaching the first floor, she did her little dance which her grandfather saw.  He chuckled at her only granddaughter and clapped to the beat of the music.  As the song was reaching the end, Jaehee walked to her grandfather and gave him a tight hug.   

“Bye haraboji, I’m heading out.” 

“Jaehee, are you sure you don’t need bodyguards?  Even just one?” 

Her grandfather persuaded.  They agreed about this matter last night but Jaehee’s grandfather was always skeptical about her going out on her own.

“Haraboji~ We’re in the21st century already.  Even my friends don’t have bodyguards all the time.”  She reasoned out.  

“But you’re a different case.  Just be careful okay?”

“Okay haraboji~ Don’t worry if something happens you’re the first one I’d call.”  Jaehee smiled happily to her grandfather and left hurriedly.

♔♔♔

Jaehee was strolling around the streets of Apgujeong.  She was supposed to meet Bona in the afternoon but she decided to roam around the place which was famous for its fashion industry and cafes. 

Exhaustion was slowly creeping in and so, Jaehee went to a nearby shake shack.  She ordered a grape smoothie to replenish her energy.  The weather today was a bit hotter than the usual since spring time was almost over.  As she received her drink, she continued to wander around the city. 

Oh?  I didn’t know a car shop existed in Apgujeong.  Jaehee thought as she saw one along the street.  She squinted her eyes thoroughly to investigate the shop from the outside and decided to check it out casually.

“Welcome.  What can we do for this pretty girl?”    

A mechanic approached Jaehee and greeted her with a smile. 

“Oh is it okay if I look around a little?” 

The mechanic told her to help herself and so, she politely bowed to him and roamed around the shop.  Various vehicle accessories like a two oversized fuzzy dice and a little bobblehead man were displayed on the shelves.  She tapped the head of the bobblehead and smiled at how the head bounced back and forth.  Next, she went to the shelves that presented different sizes of car mirrors.  She glanced at it briefly and noticed that her fringe was divided in a weird section.  She put down her grape smoothie on a table and stuck her tongue out as she looked at the mirror with full attention and fixed it.  After being satisfied with it, she nodded and smiled at her reflection.  However whilst looking at the mirror, she saw another person who appears to have just entered the shop.  This person was intimidatingly tall and wasn’t hard to miss.   She squinted her eyes and leaned closely to the mirror and saw that this tall person was none other than Youngdo.  Well, it makes perfect sense that he was there since the shop was for vehicles and that guy obviously has a motorcycle.  It appears that he hasn’t noticed her yet as he was busy explaining to the mechanic what he wants to be upgraded on his motorcycle.

Better get out of here before he sees me. Just the thought of bickering with Youngdo on a weekend doesn’t sound good to her and so she tried to sneak out of the shop.

“Oh didn’t find anything you like miss?”

“Umm yea.  I’m just gonna leave now.” 

She hurriedly bowed and was about to make a run but the mechanic called her loudly saying that she left her grape smoothie which she set down on the table earlier.  As the mechanic’s voice echoed throughout the store, Youngdo shifted his gaze from the motorcycle to the mechanic, then to her. 

Aish…She bit her lip and turned around to get her drink.  As she went back, she saw Youngdo looking at her but she wasn’t quite sure since she turned around so fast.  She awkwardly bowed again to the mechanic and left the shop hurriedly.

“Aigoo, he didn’t see me right?” 

She sighed as she threw the problematic grape smoothie on the bin.   

“Well, I hate to rain on your parade but I did.” 

Hands on his pockets, he smirked and walked closer to her.  She mentally facepalmed herself and gave him a forced smile.

“What a coincidence! Were you there?  I totally didn’t notice.  Okay I’m going now!” 

She awkwardly pointed somewhere and walked to that direction.  Youngdo chuckled at what she said and followed her closely.  Jaehee noticed it and looked back and saw him stop too.  She walked again and he did it again.  He paced closely behind and snorted which made Jaehee annoyed.

“Seriously!  Stop following me!” 

She looks back again and to her surprise, the distance between them was so small that if someone were to push her, she’d land directly on Youngdo’s chest.  Too close.  She cleared and took a step back and crossed her arms at him.

“Yah, I’m not following you.  This is just a coincidence.” 

He which made her roll her eyes.  She continued to walk again and this time, Youngdo strolled by her side. 

“If this is a coincidence, then by all means walk ahead of me.” 

She motioned him to go before her.  Youngdo nonchalantly crossed his arms and chuckled at her as they walked.

“You don’t want to see me that bad huh?”  

Jaehee didn’t answer back.

“Well it’s different for me.” 

“What?”

He bluntly said which Jaehee didn’t quite understand.  She asked him but he didn’t elaborate it any further. 

“I said, why is this little chingu alone in Apgujeong?” 

“Tch.  I’m just killing time.”

“Then I’ll help you kill it.  Let’s go.”

“Yah.  Why do you suddenly invite yourself?  I don’t need your help so yeah good bye!” 

She stuck out her tongue at him and turned around to get going.

“Yah Watch out!!!” 

Youngdo shouted at her but it was too late.

 

THUD!

 

A street lamp knocked down Jaehee’s face and she fell on her knees as it was awfully painful. 

Aish.  What the hell is this doing here anyway?  He’s probably laughing at me now. Urgh this is so embarrassing.

“Yah gwaenchanha?” 

Youngdo crouched down to her level and touched her shoulder.  She grimaced in pain when she pressed her handkerchief on the part where she was hit.  She looked at her hanky and thankfully, there were no traces of blood. 

“I’m fine.  It’s not even bleeding.” 

She covered the affected part with her hand and stood up.

“Let me see it then.”

“I said I’m fine.”

Despite her protest, he brushed her hand away and saw a huge bump that was protruding on her forehead which made him sigh. 

“Aigoo, how the hell is this fine?  It’s as big as a cheese ball.”

“R-really?”  Jaehee took out her compact mirror quickly and reflected it on her face.  He wasn’t joking when he meant cheese ball.  That bump on her head was humongous.

“That cheese ball is the result of your stubbornness.  Be proud of it.”

Youngdo snickered at her which made her more irritated as it was.  He just had to rub it in.  She kept quiet as saying back anything to him will only make him gloat more.

“Let’s go to a hospital and have you checked.” 

Just hearing the term “hospital” froze Jaehee on the spot.  Youngdo yanked her arm but it was as if her feet were planted to the ground.  He looked at her and had an idea what it was.

“Hmm…  Let me guess.  You’re afraid of hospitals?”

“I-I am not.  I just don’t like the smell of that place.” 

Her voice broke a little as she replied to him.  Her explanation and the way she said it didn't sound convincing at all.  He held his laugh but a little bit of it escaped his lips.  Jaehee frowned at him in return.  He cleared his throat and breathe deeply.

“I said I’m not afraid!”

“Fine, fine.  Let’s say you’re NOT afraid but, we have to do something about your bump.  If you don’t want to go to a hospital then let’s go somewhere else.” 

He grabbed her wrist and dragged her along with him.  Since his motorcycle was still in the car shop, he hailed a cab instead.

“Yah where are we going?”

“To my house.  Though it’s not really a house.”

“Ehhhh?  Yah!  Why there?” 

Hearing that they’ll be going to his place made Jaehee panicked even more.  Who knows what he’ll do to her?  He opened the door and was telling her to get in but she wouldn’t.

“What now?  That’s the closest place around here.”

Youngdo looked at her and studied her face.  Realizing what she might be thinking about, he laughed at her.

“If you’re worried about that, I wouldn’t do anything that you’ll hate.”

She analyzed his eyes and he seemed like he will be sticking to his word which made her calm down a little.  She finally entered the cab though feelings of hesitation were still there.  She looked at him as he sat beside her.

“Yah I’m telling you, don’t you dare do anything strange.” 

She gave her final warning.

“I got it.  I’ll try not to.”

“Yah!”

“Pfft.  I was joking, I was joking.”

He laughed at her, earning him a punch on the arm.  She sighed deeply and closed her eyes.  Youngdo glanced at her and can’t help but snort.  The taxi driver then cleared his throat to get his attention.

“Uhmmm.  Where will I take you sir?”

He wiped a tear and grinned.

 

“Take us to Hotel Zeus.”

 
 
 

 

...and there goes chapter 8!  

 

Oh and for those who don't know:
 
1.  "rain on your parade" means to spoil something for someone. 
 

 

Yeoreobun!!! I don't know if you noticed but we finally have a poster.  I'm so happy I could cry 

\(*T▽T*)/It's from SUMMER RUSH!( 〃여름 러시〃):  

.

 

And yay an update on Seungri's birthday!!!  About this chapter, I actually changed it three times because I wasn't feeling satisfied with what I wrote.  One night, as I was on my way to the bathroom, I bumped my head on the cold hard wall (it was so dark I couldn't find the light switch) and that's when an idea hit me, literally!  It's safe to say that a cheese ball sized bump is possible in real life hahaha.

ヾ(@† ▽ †@)ノ

 

Oh I posted a poll about putting pictures in the story and I saw the results.  As of this update, 43% answered they liked pictures in the story and 36% said no.  The other 21% said it was up to me and soooooo,  since the gap wasn't that big, I'll compromise so that everyone's happy yaaaaaay. (ノ´ヮ´)ノ*:・゚✧

 

 (Tell me what you guise think about this chapter pretty please.  As I always say, I love reading your comments.  It makes me more inspired to write honestly hihi. )  ☆*・゜゚・*(^O^)/*・゜゚・*☆

 

 Lastly I want to say... 

Happy Birthday Seungri ^^

 

 

Okay I'll stop blabbering.  Till the next chapter!