♛: The Masked Man

The Love That Came To Me Secretly

Chapter 6:

The Masked Man

♛♛♛

 

Jaehee was sitting alone in the classroom.  Bona had club activities after class hours while Rachel had to go home early. Her driver was supposed to fetch her but something came up so she had to wait for two hours.  Jaehee told her grandfather that she could go home by herself but he wouldn’t let her, saying that it was dangerous.

She dug up her phone in her pocket to check for the time.

The time now is 6:34 pm.  Tch.  What am I gonna do for the meantime?

She sighed and leaned back on her seat.  She stared at the ceiling while thinking of something to do.  Her stomach then grumbled.  I should probably eat something.  She gathered her things and decided to go to a café.

On her way there, Jaehee walked alone in the streets.  The skies were already dark and the weather was still a bit chilly.  She observed the surroundings and found that the streets were almost empty. As she was walking, she noticed that someone was following her.  She suddenly stopped as she heard an engine behind her.  She turned her head and saw a man, riding a motorcycle.  She signaled the masked man to go first but he didn’t even move.  Jaehee shrugged her shoulders and continued on walking.  The dude on the motorcycle followed her closely behind again.

 He’s not following me right? 

Jaehee decided to stop again to see if he was really following her.  Likewise, the person also stopped.     just got real.  He’s following me.

Jaehee quickened her pace.  However, this time, the person drove his motorcycle beside her.  He watched her as he was driving.  Okay this is scary.  The man suddenly parked his motorcycle in front of her and got out of it.  He then stood and crossed his arms. 

Otoke? What’s he gonna do now?  Jaehee was subtly searching for her phone to call for help however; the man noticed this and started to slowly approach Jaehee, making her step back.  She finally found her phone and took it out of her right pocket and decided to run but the man caught her wrist tightly.  She tried to pull away from his grasp but the man was a lot stronger.   I’m still young I don’t wanna die!  Otoke?!  I still haven’t seen Jo Insung in person!  I can’t die yet!

The man finally spoke as he saw Jaehee panic. 

“Yah calm down. It’s me.”

Jaehee stopped moving and gave him a puzzled look.  She cautiously reached out for his helmet and removed it.  When he saw his face, her knees wobbled making her sit at the floor.    It was Youngdo who was following her all along.

“It’s just you.  You scared the crap out of me.”  Jaehee sighed in relief.

“Who did you think I was?”  Youngdo said as he looked down to her.

“I thought you were a murderer or or something.”  Jaehee replied. 

Youngdo laughed at what Jaehee said.  She then shot glares at him. 

“Yah! You think this is funny?  I almost thought I was a goner and here you are laughing at me.”  Jaehee snapped at him.

“Arasso.  Mianhe mianhe.”  Youngdo wiped a tear on his eyes and just simply smiled at her. 

“You see?  This is why I told you that little girls should go home straight.”  Youngdo said as he pulled her up and dusted her sides.  He then put out his palm in front of her.

“Give me your phone.”  Youngdo said as he shook his hand.

“What?  Why?”  Jaehee asked in bewilderment.  She then placed her hand on her back to hide it. 

“Aish.”  Youngdo’s eyes widen as Jaehee didn’t follow him.  He then took the phone from her hand because obviously she had no plans of giving it to him.

“Yah!  What are you doing?”  Jaehee shouted in disbelief. 

“When real bad things happen ah no, just call me anytime even if it’s nothing okay?”  Youngdo punched his numbers on the phone.  He then called his own phone so that Jaehee’s number will register.

Jaehee sighed in defeat.  While waiting for Youngdo to finish his business, she realized something.

“Yah, how long do you plan on holding my wrist?”  Jaehee tried to wriggle her wrist away from his grasp.  “Let go!”

 “Tell me first where you’re going.”  Youngdo said and gave her phone back.

“No.  Why do I have to tell you?  I’m not telling.”  Jaehee refused to answer and zipped .   

Youngdo then smiled at her playfully.  “Oh okay I get it.  You must like me holding your wrist.”

“Mwo?!  Yah!”  Jaehee tried to hit Youngdo with her free hand but he caught it.

“You want me to hold this too?  Okay then.”  Youngdo nodded and grinned at her.

“Yah!”  Jaehee shouted again and tried to escape but it was no use.

 “So will this little girl tell me where she’s going?”  Youngdo asked Jaehee again.  Since it looked like there’s nothing she can do, she gave up and finally told him.

“Tch.  Arasso.  Let go first.  It hurts.”  Jaehee scowled and looked at her hands.

Youngdo realized that he was holding her too tight.  “Ah mianhe.”  He apologized and let her go. 

“So where are you going?”  He asked again.

“The coffee shop, just three blocks from here. ”  Jaehee replied while blowing her hands to warm it up.  Youngdo then removed his jacket and put in on Jaehee.  

Of course, Jaehee was about to resist again but Youngdo insisted.

“Eyy just put it on.  You look cold.”  He said as he started the motorcycle.  Youngdo then gave Jaehee a spare helmet. 

ch6 photo tumblr_mw3hyjayRN1rs647fo1_500_zpsf94e3992.gif

“Come on.  I’ll take you there.”

“No thanks, you don’t have too.”  Jaehee refused.

“Do you think I’d leave you here alone?”  Youngdo walked to her and personally put the helmet on her head.  He took her hand and helped her to get on the motorcycle.  Youngdo then put on his own helmet and rode at the front. 

He might not be so bad after all  Jaehee contemplated

“Hold on tight.”  Youngdo signaled her to hold on to his stomach.

What?  He wants me to hold there?  No way, that’s embarrassing.  She thought.

“Gwaenchanha.  I’ll just hold here.”  Jaehee placed her hands at his shoulders.

“Aigoo, you never listen to me.”  Youngdo started driving and thought of something.  He then intentionally wobbled the stirring wheel making Jaehee scream and wrap her arms around his stomach. 

“Yah!”

“I had to do that.”  Youngdo smirked and drove away.

♔♔♔

The two of them arrived at the coffee shop.  Youngdo turned off the engine, removed his helmet and got off his motorcycle.  He reached out his hand to Jaehee to help her but instead, she gave him the helmet and jumped off the bike on her own.

“Thanks for the ride, annyeong.”  Jaehee bowed her head.  Youngdo looked at her as she went inside.  Jaehee walked to the counter and began to order her coffee.

“One caramel macchiato please.”  She said to the cashier.

“Make that two.”  Youngdo walked inside and stood beside Jaehee.

“You’re still here?”  She asked him in which he didn’t respond.

“That’ll be 4,200 won.”  The cashier said to them.

Youngdo casually looked at Jaehee and signaled her to pay.

“She said it’s 4,200 won.”

Jaehee faced him as her eyes widen in disbelief. 

“Do you expect me to pay for yours as well?”  Jaehee questioned him in skepticism.   

“Of course.  I drove you here didn’t I?”  Youngdo smirked at her. “What?  You thought that was for free?” 

Jaehee shook her head.  Waah chincha, this guy is something. And here I thought he wasn’t that bad.

“Tch.  Arasso but for you information, you forced me to ride on your motorcycle.”  Jaehee glared at him and paid the cashier. 

“No I didn’t.”  Youngdo shook his head and shamelessly denied Jaehee’s claim. 

“This guy is unbelievable.”  Jaehee told the cashier as she surrendered in defeat making Youngdo grin.  The two then sat at the table by the glassed window.  After a few minutes, Jaehee went to the cashier to get their coffee.

“Don’t you have someplace to go?  You don’t have to keep me company.  You can go if you want to.”  Jaehee said as she gave Youngdo his drink.  She noticed that his phone kept ringing.  Youngdo then turned his phone off and leaned back on his chair.  He took a sip of his coffee and placed his hands at the back of his head. 

“Yah I’m not accompanying you.  I just happen to have nothing to do.”  He replied and looked at the people passing by outside.

“Whatever.”  Jaehee ignored him and focused on her drink.

 

Two hours passed by quickly.  Jaehee received a text message from her driver saying that he was already there.  She placed her phone on her pocket and put her backpack on.

“Your car’s here already?”  Youngdo asked her.  Jaehee nodded as she took a last sip of her coffee.

“Yeah I’m leaving.  You’re not going too?”  Jaehee said as she stood up.

“Just because you’re going home doesn’t mean I need to go too.”   Youngdo said while he leisurely sat on his chair.

Jaehee rolled her eyes. “Well, I’ll be going ahead then.  Oh and thanks again for the lift earlier.”  Youngdo nodded and smiled back.  She bowed and went on her way.  Youngdo watched her enter the car from the glassed window.  When he was sure that the car was nowhere of sight, he stood up and went home too.

♔♔♔

Jaehee arrived home.  She went to her room and jumped on her bed.  Ahh~ I’m so tired~   Her grandfather knocked on her door and entered the room.  Jaehee sat up and bowed to him.

“I didn’t know you were home haraboji.”  Jaehee said to him.

“I just arrived too.  I had too many appointments today.”  Her grandfather replied.  “Oh is that new?”   He added, pointing to what she was wearing.  Jaehee looked down and saw that she was still wearing Youngdo’s jacket. 

“Aish, I forgot to give it back.  It’s my classmate’s.”  Jaehee took it off and placed it on the bed.

“Classmate?  Who is this classmate we’re talking about?”  Her haraboji gave her a questioning look.  Jaehee’s grandfather was curious as she wasn’t introducing any of her friends to him.

“Haraboji~”  Jaehee pouted to get away from the question.

“Arasso~  Ask the laundry lady to wash it so that it’s clean when you return it.”  He chuckled and left.

Jaehee laid down on her bed and stared at Youngdo’s jacket.  I’ll just return it to him tomorrow.   

♔♔♔

The next day came.  Youngdo was sitting peacefully on his spot while an angry Myungsoo was approaching closer. 

“Yah! Choi Youngdo!”  Myungsoo shouted and marched to Youngdo’s chair.

“You should have told me you weren’t gonna make it.  I waited for four hours for you man.”  It looked like the two of them planned to check out a newly opened restaurant yesterday.  Myungsoo wiped an imaginary tear from his eyes and held his heart.

“I thought we were gonna go there today.  Sorry.”  Youngdo lied, trying to get out of the drama Myungsoo was making.

“Where were you anyway?  You even turned your phone off.”    Myungsoo said, still acting all hurt and stuff.

“Oh that…  I went to my mom’s place yesterday.  Mianhe”  He lied again.  If it was about his mom then Myungsoo can’t say anything else.  He knows that Youngdo’s mom was important to him more than anyone else.

“Oh really?  Then don’t worry about it man.  It’s cool.”  Myungsoo smiled and tapped Youngdo’s shoulder.

Jaehee entered the classroom and went to Youngdo’s direction before going to her seat.

“Good morning Jaehee-yah.”  Myungsoo greeted her brightly. 

“Oh you’re early today, that’s new.”  Jaehee smiled at Myungsoo.  He rarely gets to school before Jaehee.        

I better get rid of Myungsoo before he says something unnecessary.  Youngdo thought as he was looking at the two of them.

“Yah imma, go back to your seat.”  Youngdo slightly kicked Myungsoo’s .

“Aigoo look at him.  I’m just letting you off the hook.”  Myungsoo rubbed his and left.

Youngdo let out a sigh of relief.  Jaehee looked at him weirdly which made him cough.  She then gave out a “whatever” look and presented him a paper bag.

“I forgot to return it yesterday.  It’s been washed already don’t worry.”  She said and sat on her chair behind Youngdo.

Youngdo looked inside the paper bag and smiled to himself.  He turned his back and faced Jaehee.

“Did you like it that much?”  Youngdo asked and grinned at her.

“Like what much?”  Jaehee replied as she looked for her phone in her bag.

“My jacket.  I thought you were gonna keep it forever.”  He teased.

“Yah, you’re making stuff up again.  I just forgot that’s all.”  Jaehee rolled her eyes as she swiped her phone.

“Eyy, you don’t have to be so shy about it.  I’ll give it to you if you want.”  Youngdo said, pushing her buttons.   

“Mwo?! Yah, I won’t accept it even if you beg me to!”  Jaehee stood up and shouted making Youngdo burst in laughter.  Almost everyone in the classroom was startled at Jaehee’s voice.  She noticed this and bowed to them.  She then, gave Youngdo a death glare.

“Aigoo.  Your temper is worse than mine.  You’re the best.”  Youngdo clapped and gave her a thumbs up. 

“Tch, you you Choi Youngdo!  I’m not talking to you anymore.”  Jaehee glowered at him and sat down.  She put her earphones on and laid down her head on the table.

Ah kyeopta.  Youngdo thought and smiled to himself.

 
 
 

 

...and there goes chapter 6!  

 

Oh and for those who don't know:
 
1.  Gwaenchanha means "it's okay"
2.  Imma is usually used when calling one of your buddies.  It is somewhat a form of endearment I think like "hey dummy!"
3.  Kyeopta means cute ^^
4.  This is Actor Jo Insung.  He's an ahjussi already but yeah stil asdfghjkl   (ી(΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)ʃ)♥
joinsung_98.jpg

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

yeoreobun, as much as I want to update frequently, I think I cannot do it because I'm a bit busy with the real word as of the moment (I'm currently reviewing for my board exam, do pray for me please OTL).  I'll really really reeeeally try to update when I have the time.  I promise you guise that I will finish writing this fanfic! (✪͡o✪͡)ง For now, I'll be on temporary hiatus.  Many thanks to those who commented and subscribed, it helped a lot! I love you guise~ (´▽`ʃƪ)♡  (Do leave comments, I love reading them (^∇^))

 

Till the next chapter!  

 

And as the termintator says it,