One - Run

SHIELD
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

One - Run

_____

Gucci on her wrist was showing the pass midnight as she ready to leave the big mansion of her family. Ready on her black hoodie jacket with simple black jeans she walked rashly yet unsounded through the old hallway on the backside of the mansion. Using the secret door that she found out not long ago, she decided to run away from this luxurious prison of hers. Yes, Jung Eunji, the heiress of Jung Corporation decided to stop being Jungs. The reason was too ordinary, yet the feel was beyond imagination.

Her father wanted her to marry the only son of Finance Ministry which of course was a lucky chance although people knew it was merely a politic marriage. And It was too obvious that his father wanted to use her as a shield for their family. Why he needed a shield when he was one of the most powerful men in Korea? Yeah, because he had lots thing to be covered by that shield. And why such a high educated person like a ministry wanted her to be his daughter in law when his son was a famous young and success businessman? Because, the Jungs daughter had too much dignities which what they rarely meet in this county. What a nice exchange, right?

Ordinary people thought that being the heiress of Jung Corporation which owned lots mines in South Asia and South Africa was like having the ticket to live the world. They indeed knew nothing. The literal meaning by being the heiress of Jungs was like being an expensive jewelry. When you sell it you would definitely get highest price. So simple, being the heiress of Jungs meant she wasn’t a human, she was a simple jewel, an expensive thing, or precisely a thing.

Those she decided to stop being a thing. She wanted to breathe as free as people did. She wanted to scream as loud as ordinary girl could do. She wanted to live as simply as human did.

Just as she almost reached the outside of the mansion, a strong hand grabbed her wrist. Being startled she was, she hit the owner of that hand as hard as she could, that person grabbed her other hand though. What unlucky start for her.

“Let go my hand!” she hissed, letting her eyes slashed the one who trapped her wrist, and it was merely a failed attempt.

“Agashi?” the soft unknown voice guessed.

She was sure that person was a guard, she wasn’t familiar with his voice though. And thanks to the dim light of this hallway her eyes couldn’t see his face clearly.

“Let go my hand!” again she tried to escape from his grip.

“Where are you going?” the tall guard asked. His questioning voice earlier was changed into the cold and strict one.

Rude! She thought, never even once she was asked in that manner by the employee of this mansion.
“Not your business! Now let go my hand!”

“Come with me!” again he ignored her angry order. Though the strange was, he indeed brought her out from the mansion. Leading her to the end of this dark hallway they finally reached the exit door. He pushed the old door with his right hand which already left her one hand.

Once they felt the cold night breeze, she could finally see his face. Right, she didn’t know him. Standing next to her was a man in black suit who was looking at the empty street, he didn’t aware that Eunji’s stare was piercing his appearance. That tall man had sharp jaw line which somehow made him look cold yet handsome at the same time. And Eunji couldn’t let her eyes left his eyes which still gazing at their surrounding like preparing for a big fight. Regarding the way he dressed he was definitely one of Jungs guard even though she never met him before.

Then he turned his head, and looking at her, meeting her sharp questioned look. For several seconds they were staring at each other, looking for some information from each eyes. Eunji didn’t want to lose though. She and her almighty pride kept piercing her eyes at his and thanks to the dim light she couldn’t catch the slight blush which formed on his cheeks.

“Now tell me where are you going? If you just want to enjoy the midnight view I’ll accompany you,” he said while turning his eyes to the empty street again, there was this sudden thing to ignore her eyes. And thankfully he still managed his cold and straight voice.

“Let-go-my-hand!” she gritted in anger. She asked for the eyes to return to her.

He answered her gaze then. “No, until you tell me where you’re heading.” The man resisted though.
It’s useless, she thought, this un-mannered guy won’t listen to my order. Ok, then let’s try this one.
She suddenly loosened up her hand, being given up, “please,” she looked at him with almost teary eyes, “it’s hurt,” now her voice was kinda trembling.

He startled, though he refuse to let go her hand, “I’m sorry agashi,” his voice became softer, he loosened up his grip though it still claiming her hand. “Please let me accompany you.”

“Arrgghh! Damn!” she couldn’t handle her anger anymore, “fine, you stupid guard!” she said in final.
Eunji then walked dragging him along with her through the empty street right in the back side of the huge wall which separating this street and her vast yard. And she was sure walking in this empty street at such an hour was pretty save, maybe.

The tall man next to her kept

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter