special chapter

a beguiling anathema
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hyukjae sighed.

 

The papers in his workbag grew heavier with each step he took, on his way home. The frosty December wind never failed to miss Hyukjae harshly in the face. The male moved with his small, rushed steps; trying to overtake the large crowd of people in front and all around. Just the thought of returning to a warm home with Donghae waiting for him is bliss, and that was all the motivation the businessman needed to pace his steps in hopes of reaching home on time. Surrounding him were people talking loudly with excitation clear in their voices, others had bags and bags of bulging sale items bought from shops and the little children huffed out their breaths; watching a mystical white cloud form as their cheeks rouge up nicely.

 

The time of the year where petals of pristine snowflakes grace their presence to us is rapidly approaching, yet for Hyukjae, it felt like his workload seemed to have increased per each breath he takes. His boss expressed his heavy conscience for making his workers stay behind even though the festive holiday is coming towards them at full speed, however, the case they have right now is one of the biggest yet. If Hyukjae can get this one nailed, then he’s definitely on his way to becoming head manager of his floor and have a double raise in his salary, and more importantly two extra weeks off of work. How great would that be, more time to spend with Donghae. Perhaps they could visit somewhere nice and warm: maybe Jeju Island?  

 

With that thought in mind, Hyukjae neared his neighbourhood. Looking up, Hyukjae saw his apartment windows brightly lit, indicating that Donghae is at home. Hyukjae smiled to himself. Of course, they’ve been living together ever since Donghae came back into his life.

 

Now thinking back, Hyukjae believes his life to divided into two sections, those pre-Donghae days and the Donghae-present days. The past without Donghae seemed to blur into one big mess of tangled memories, similar to how he survived his days in school. Yet, the male seemed to remember every single bit of detail when he is with Donghae, his eating habits such as how the latter would around the perimeter of the ice cream cone before diving in to devour the rest. Or, how Donghae, when presented with two of his favourite foods, would choose save the best for last. Hyukjae knows how when Donghae is just on the brink of falling asleep, his eyelids would flutter one last time with his lashes barely touching the bottom lashes. And when the boy wakes up, he likes to snuggle into Hyukjae's shoulder and squirm until he is in a comfortable position, before twitching his nose like a rabbit.

 

It has gotten to a point where Hyukjae's life revolves around his

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter