narcissus

a beguiling anathema
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

a beguiling anathema

.

narcissus

stay as sweet as you are

 

 

 

The casanova could only stand with his mouth open as he took in the sight of his so-called breakfast. It looked like a feast to him; soft golden buttered toasts in the middle, amber scrambled eggs on the side, side dishes of syrup pancakes, sizzling bacon strips with fried asparagus adjacent, waffles in the corner and to complete the meal two cups of dark steaming coffee resting near the plates. 

 

 

 

“Hyukkie, you're drooling.” The male giggled surprisingly, his convulsions mellow and sincere. A blush crept onto Hyukjae's cheeks, lighting his features as the other took his hands and guided him to sit down. Then, he walked calmly to the other side.

 

 

 

“Ah…you can sit closer if you want.” Hyukjae offered, noticing the way the boy scrutinized at the distance between them, a tiny pout forming as he jutted out his bottom lip. The decision was unerring as a dazzling beam luminesced his features, driving Hyukjae's heart insanely expeditious; and a herd of mammoths trampling in the pit of his stomach, his mind hazy from the flitters of his body.

 

 

 

Had he seen anyone else so winsome? He didn’t think so.

 

 

 

“Why aren't you calling me Donghae or Hae like you always do?” The male complained as he dragged his chair across, eliminating the distance and he finally sat down, his chair right next to Hyukjae's.

 

 

 

Because one moment I'm bloody single and when I wake up I'm suddenly married to you! What the hell happened during my sleep? Did I get murdered or something? This feels like heaven, especially with that angel over there- oh God Hyukjae, shut the up.

 

 

 

“Ahaha…you know, I must have been really drunk yesterday…” Hyukjae laughed awkwardly, because he honestly doesn’t know the other’s name, despite being married. Which he questions, why doesn’t he remember getting married or even meeting Donghae before? Maybe he had amnesia, or maybe it really was the alcohol that somehow erased his mind? Anyway, he enjoys Donghae's presence, and maybe, being married isn’t that bad. Maybe.  Still, the whole arrangement confused the hell out of Hyukjae, because a constant question surfaces to mind every now and then; just why and when did he get married? It’s very strange how he can't remember anything, at all.

 

 

 

He still despised the idea of marriage; the proposition of it is like two roads, one smooth but the other bumped and thorny with dangers lying ahead. He could choose the safe way, where the destination will be in his calculation and everything goes according to him. He’s got nothing to lose because he hasn’t gained anything.

 

 

 

Or he could risk everything and go for the mysterious road: one where he isn’t in control, he doesn’t know the outcomes and he is oblivious the dangers lying forth. Sure, the treacherous road is daunting and nerve-racking, but in the end you have taken life lessons and maybe even more. But you won't become fruitless.

 

 

 

Is it worth to lose everything for that sweet nectar people call love? Is it all right to hand his heart over to a person as if he was putting his heart on blades; able to strike at the organ and perforate it any minute? Hyukjae is unsure. He doesn’t want to think, at this point he doesn’t care if this is a dream, his only wish is to spend time with Donghae.  Maybe he can regain his memories that way.

 

 

 

Looking back at the latter, Hyukjae couldn’t help but release a few chuckles on seeing the younger’s face with crumbs stuck on his chin, and sauces on the side of his mouth.  

 

 

 

“Can you get any messier?” He teased, watching those plump cheeks turn pink. Donghae tried to wipe it off, but only managed to clean most of it; a small stubborn crumb was glued just above his lips and without warning, Hyukjae reached over and swiped the pad of his thumb gently across Donghae’s upper lip, brushing the crumb off.

 

 

 

The latter splutters nonsense as he attempts to cover his mouth with the back of his hand, as he watches Hyukjae's gummy smile. He swears that Hyukjae is the only one who can freeze time just by smiling.

 

 

 

+++

 

 

 

It was a warm, lazy day for Hyukjae as he sprawled across the couch, with Donghae pushed against his body. The two barely spoke, only savouring the comfort of each other as Hyukjae kneaded Hae’s hands. Donghae’s hand feels nice, soft, plush and smooth like marble; but with the comforting warmth. Their hands are similar in size, but unlike his own with fingerprints coarse and exposed to writing documents pretty much most of the days, Donghae's have a cushioned touch—yet, nevertheless, a man’s. The temperature of the two mingled together and mellowed out into a relaxing hold.

 

 

 

He sighed. “I wish we could stay like this forever.”     

 

 

 

Donghae hummed in appreciation, his head lolling back to fit impeccably into Hyukjae's nape. His hair, scented like refreshing exotic fruits, tickled Hyukjae's chin but the elder enjoys this.

 

 

 

“I don’t want to go to work tomorrow.” The elder of the two whined like a child, making Donghae smile in adoration before turning around and wrapping his arms around Hyukjae's frame, as both slowly dozed to sleep under the soft breeze and the sun’s warm blanket.  

 

 

 

+++

 

 

 

Hyukjae is accustomed to his lifestyle now: on workdays Donghae would wake him up with a good morning kiss and an extravagant breakfast (as usual), then take his lunch- courtesy of Donghae again- to work and he was always showered with caring and considerate questions by Donghae when he returned, sometimes, even a nice massage.  

 

 

 

And during those days when he was off work, they would simply cuddle all day whilst watching a film, going outside for a little walk or playing games. It’s strange, Hyukjae thinks, that time flies past you when you are enjoying those moments with someone you love, yet it is the exact opposite for when you do something boring, time is slowed down and you find yourself wanting the minute hand to go faster, so you can leave as soon as possible.

 

 

 

Wait- someone you love?

 

 

 

Does that mean I love Donghae? Hyukjae mused. He tilted his head and watched the second hand tick by in a furious pace, as if it wants the day to go faster, completely ruining his plan of spending more time with the latter before he goes to work tomorrow.

 

 

 

As he sneaked a glance in the younger’s direction, frowning at the absence of him in the kitchen but soon smiled when he located Donghae to be outside in the garden, hanging the washing. Of course, he also used this opportunity to check out that full mind-blowing blatantly; a sudden idea came to him.

 

 

 

Hyukjae pulled himself off the couch and stumbled through the mess in the living room until he reached the conservatory, where he slid open the doors inaudibly and tiptoed outside. Slender but muscular arms s around Donghae's torso, before letting it droop on the brunette’s stomach.

 

 

 

The redhead like this position, very much; it wasn’t because he could inhale the scent of the latter (not trying to be creepy but go

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter