laurustinus

a beguiling anathema
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

a beguiling anathema

.

laurustinus

cheerful in adversity

 

The alarm clock buzzed and snoozed Hyukjae to reality. He rolled over to his side and reached out languidly with his eyes closed, smacking on every possible surface except the origin of the annoying drone.

“For sake.” He mumbled sleepily when the digital LED lights on the screen indicated eleven in the morning. Minutes later, Hyukjae found himself wondering back to dreamland if his mum didn't decide to call.

“Mum?” He groaned, voice cracking and his words slurred into nonsense, like a toddler speaking.

“Lee Hyukjae! Did you drink last night? How many times did I tell you to not drink too much! And have you considered what I told you last week?” She scolded. Hyukjae had no idea what had gotten into his mum but a little over a week ago, his mum suddenly started pestering him about marriage and how she hated him having flings. She even went as far as trying to hook him up with her next-door neighbour’s son (she knew and respected his preferences) but just because he’s gay doesn’t mean he wants to pounce on every guy he meets.

“Yes mum, and no mum. I have considered what you said last week but I'm not interested in anyone.” Hyukjae sighed in exasperation. He had given up trying to convince his mum his ideas of the 'marriage' deal.

“Are you planning to stay single for the rest of your life then?”

“No I didn't say that. Look mum, I just don't ge-”

 “No you look Hyukjae, you're thirty one already, and thirty two in a few months and you don't even have a boyfriend. When was the last time you had one? I just want to see you happy.”

“I am happy with my current life! If it's a boyfriend you want, then I'll bring one to you. I don't want to get married right now.” Hyukjae reasoned.

“Hyukjae, you know I don't want to see you with a boyfriend. I want you to be with someone who can assist you in your life, both of you helping each other when possible.” Hyukjae shook his head, sometimes his mum contradicts herself making it more perplex for the simpleminded Hyukjae to understand.

“I'm busy mum, I'll talk later.” Hyukjae hung up. He knew it was disrespectful and rude to do that to his mum, but he was tired of arguing with her and he was afraid he'd shout at her any moment longer. He dragged himself up and walked to the bathroom, getting ready for his wild night in a few hours.

Hours later, standing in front of Seoul's most famous nightclub, he walked confidently to the overcrowded waiting line. The guards recognised him as one of the VIPs and immediately opened the door. However, his phone rang. He looked at the caller ID; mum, and turned off his phone and walked inside, flashing the ladies his killer smile even though he is gay. It doesn't hurt to mess a bit.

The music boomed off the walls, reflecting back at the sweaty contented people. The bass line of the upbeat music flowed through Hyukjae's veins, attracting him to the dance floor; grinding against males and females. This was the type of life Hyukjae enjoys and is

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter