white violet

a beguiling anathema
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

a beguiling anathema

.

white violet

let’s take a chance on happiness

 

 

 

To say Hyukjae was confused was an understatement, because he was absolutely confounded. So, one day, he wakes up to a lovely marriage partner with he himself having no clue about it, as if he was living another person’s life. Everything is simply too much for a man to handle.

 

 

 

And now, after just returning home from work; after lazily toeing off his sleek Armani shoes, and after removing his coat and hanging it on the coat-stand, he peeps into the living room only to find his husband, cooing at a child.

 

 

 

What the hell?

 

 

 

He felt obligated to make his presence known, and it was not because of the itching curiosity of the origin of the child. It’s not like his husband had an affair behind his back or anything…yeah, totally. He walked over to the kitchen counter and placed the discount tickets he received for a zoo near here, before travelling across the room to his brunet and coughed quite obviously.

 

 

 

Donghae heard a distinctive sound of a throat being scraped, and he smiled when Hyukjae, his husband, stood in the doorway with his arms folded, looking stern. Or trying to look stern, because the way the corners of his mouth had a downcast frown made Hyukjae look too adorable instead, like a small kid pouting. It is times like this that has Donghae wondering whether Hyukjae has him wrapped around his finger, because with a look like that he could and would comply to any nonsensical demand from his dear husband.

 

 

 

“Hyukkie! Welcome home!” The younger exclaimed, standing up to greet his husband properly with a warm hug. The redhead reciprocated the hug; his face somewhat smug because he had successfully stole Donghae's attention from the little boy. Call him childish but Hyukjae felt like he had won the lottery when he was able to wrap his long arms around the younger’s frame, and be able to touch and feel the soft baby skin of his husband. There was an urge to stick out his tongue, but instead he lowered his face and gave the brunet a smooching kiss — one loud and long and wet enough to make Donghae blush like a ripe tomato.

 

 

 

“Hyukkie, w-what was that for?” Donghae looked up from between his fingers that had crept its way to his face to cover up his warm cheeks, large doe brown eyes peeping back at him earnestly. And the looks has Hyukjae pondering how many times can his heart swell with fondness and pride before it bursts. But that thought didn’t last long as small fists thumped Hyukjae on his thighs and his nonexistent .

 

 

 

“Humph meanie! How dare you hurt my Haehae. Go away, monster!”

 

 

 

Ah, how could he have forgotten about the little devil that was stealing his Donghae's attention and hugs and smiles and laughter?

 

 

 

“Ow ow — OW! Stop it you brat!” Hyukjae twisted his body left and right, attempting to escape those nimble little fingers that was poking him but to no avail. In the end, it was Donghae who had managed to stop the toddler by gathering the bundle into his gentle arms and soothing murmurs.

 

 

 

Hyukjae stared as the child’s face morphed into surprise, shock, guilt and eventually tears as Donghae explains what he did wrong and soon tiny droplets of clear liquid flowed down his chubby cheeks. His short arms wrapped around Donghae's neck and he dived into the brunet’s comforting chest and wailed.

 

 

 

The businessman gulped hard, staring at the scene. He suddenly felt like a selfish and heartless bastard for being involved in a childish fight and causing the boy to cry. He was twenty or so years older than him, for goodness sake and here he was, acting more immature.

 

 

 

Approaching the figure in Donghae's arms, Hyukjae tapped on his shoulder politely. After a few sniffles and a small pout (that was very similar to Donghae's) he turned around and faced Hyukjae with small beady eyes sending out the daggered glares.

 

 

 

“Look here, urm…”

 

 

 

“Henry.” Donghae interjected, but the shine in his eyes told Hyukjae that he was far from angry with him — on the contrary, he understood his intentions.

 

 

 

“Henry, I'm sorry. I didn’t mean to upset you…I guess I was jealous.” He stated, looking down and feeling quite red and embarrassed. Here he was, a very successful man who could get anyone he liked into bed; a person who do not need to worry about riches or looks or properties, admitting his feelings. Apologizing to a kid is one thing, but admitting his jealousy is another. But during the times he spent with Donghae it seemed that tears could rein his pride.

 

 

 

Muddy brown orbs fluttered back at him as a grin started to appear on the boy. Soon, everyone was chuckling and the kid had rubbed his face furiously with his sleeves, ridding all traces of tears.

 

 

 

Little Henry had jumped out of Donghae's embrace and shyly ran over to Hyukjae's side, before he stuck out his hand out, demanding a handshake to reconcile their friendship (but in Hyukjae's opinion it was more like establish it).

 

 

 

“Hyung don’t have anything to be jealous of because Haehae is my best friend!” He exclaimed, arms waving about for exaggeration purposes. “Haehae looks after Henry for two days because mummy and daddy are busy with…. with… hanniwersury!” Hyukjae smiles his gummy smile as Donghae mouthed him anniversary, and he nodded in understanding as he took the warm hand in his and shook lightly. Still feeling guilty for making such a cute boy cry, he racked his brain for something to make up to this boy when he realised: those tickets he got given on the way back home, why not use them?

 

 

 

“How about…a family trip tomorrow then?” The elder proposed, seeing the grin break into a smile on Henry.

 

 

 

“Yay! Haehae and hyung must all come!”

 

 

 

+++

 

 

 

It was hard work when bedtime came, because after the news of a visit to the National Seoul Animal Zoo, Henry was hyped up for his big day tomorrow and wouldn’t stop babbling and close his eyes. Donghae had appeared back into the room holding a tray with heated milk sitting neatly on top. He placed the large tray on the drawer near the single bed, and handed the glass to henry who had bolted out of the covers; fingers reaching for the liquid.

 

 

 

It had taken a while to persuade henry to sleep in the guest room because unfortunately his Haehae will be sleeping with Hyukjae. Henry wasn’t pleased to hear this but with a little bit of reasoning and a lot of kisses from Donghae (more than twenty or so kisses, and Hyukjae definitely wasn’t counting) he had reluctantly let go of Donghae's frame. Now, after gulping down the warm milk Henry his lips feeling content and full; and maybe just a tiny bit dozy.

 

 

 

“Haehae?” The boy mumbled, and Donghae came over to his side and smiled when he saw those eyes fighting sleep and trying to be open.

 

 

 

“Yes baby?”

 

 

 

“We go to zoo tomorrow, okay? Henry no like lies.” The words came out jumbled as Henry yawned half way through his sentence, and finally he allowed his lips to droop over his eyes. The brunet leaned over the bed and tilted his head to kiss Henry’s forehead, reassuring the boy who had fallen asleep. Only after the toddler had evened his breathing with an occasional snore did Donghae leave the room, closing the door quietly behind as he tiptoed back into the main bedroom.

 

 

 

+++

 

 

 

“Is he asleep?”

 

 

 

Hyukjae looked up from his phone, the multicoloured pixelated game momentarily forgotten and left to one side as he opened his arms that the younger had snuggled into without a fraction of doubt. Donghae had hummed as a response whilst he wound his arms around his husband’s waist, finding the temperature just perfect. Now, laying together with their legs tangled into the memory foam mattress and the latter’s head fitting snugly into the crook of Hyukjae's neck, they stilled; listening to each other’s rapid heartbeats.

 

 

 

“You had me worried there,” confessed Hyukjae as he nuzzled into Donghae's hair which smelt like vanilla, his free hand drawing patterns circulating the latter’s thigh and stomach.

 

 

 

“Worried?”

 

 

 

“I-I thought that the child was…yours.”

 

 

 

Donghae tried. He really did. But the laughter still bubbled out of his mouth and he scrunched up his pert nose, the sound half muffled by Hyukjae's clothed chest as the said male blushed scarlet red. When he calmed down, he replied impudently,

 

 

 

“Henry’s parents are neighbours with my mum and so we know each other’s families quite well. His parents are away for today and tomorrow, celebrating their anniversary and were looking for a babysitter so I offered to help out. You took it the wrong way, Hyukkie.” He giggled.

 

 

 

“I really wouldn’t do that if I were you.” Hyukjae huskily replied, his arms suddenly turned into vices that trapped the younger in his embrace as his hands worked on tickling the latter’s sides. A small smile of satisfaction appeared as Donghae writhed and panted with laughter spilling out, before Donghae had managed to break free from his grasp and escape into the bathroom; where he locked the door and stripped himself to shower.

 

 

 

“Not now, Hyukkie. I'm showering!” He shouted as Hyukjae cheekily rattled the doorknob.

 

 

 

Approximately half an hour later, Donghae stuck his head out of the slightly ajar door he opened soundlessly, checking the coast and he visibly relaxed from his tense position when he saw Hyukjae sleeping on the bed, mouth slightly open as puffs of air shot out. If he wasn’t in such a hurry to run away from the businessman earlier, he would have brought his pajamas inside with him instead of him walking out of the room with only a towel around his hips, dangerously low enough to slip off any second.

 

 

 

He trod over to the armchair, where his oversized tee shirt lay and black briefs. He has a habit of not wearing trousers at night, but only because it is too hot and hard to move around in. however, what he didn’t notice as he slipped on the boxers and unraveled the towel was a pair of eyes greedily taking in the sight.

 

 

 

Hyukjae never had with the younger. He was still a bit unresolved regarding their relationship, and it’s not that he doesn’t trust the latter but it’s more of a case where he doesn’t know if he should approach Donghae when he hardly remembers anything about him. Maybe he could do it once he regains his memories. So for now, he is content with peeking from his hiding place as his arms rest below his chin whilst his eyes roamed over the expansion of the milky white back and the flawless smooth legs.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter