family dinner

A Growing Baby

Junghwan closed his eyes as he laid down,  Sunwoo insisting that he rest. Sunwoo took care of the packing, they were headed to his parents for the week end. They were going to share the good news with them. Sunwoo was excited, but Junghwan was feeling scared. 

 

"Woo.... what if they.... what if theyre not happy?  What if they get mad?" He asked shakiky. 

 

Sunwoo finished packing and moved next to Junghwan and his hair.  "If they do it doesn't matter.  We can still have our baby no matter what they think." 

 

Junghwan nodded and kissed Sunwoo lightly, thankful for his loving touch and calming voice.  They loaded evrrything into the car and started on the drive towards Sunwoos family home.  Junghwan fell asleep in the car, holding his stomach instinctively.  Sunwoo kept quiet as he drove,letting  the other rest. 

 

Once at the home they spent time with Sunwoos famiky, junghwan still nervous.  He tried to keep calm and ignore his cravings for Chocolate and Cheese and whatever else came into his head.  Sunwoos mother made them a big meal and they all sat down.  Junghwan kept quiet untill sunwoo spoke of their house. 

 

"Well..we're going to redo our second bedroom...." sunwoo saod, holding Junghwans hand under the table.  Junghwan put on a smile and nodded. 

 

"Yeah, were going to paint it either pink or blue........." he saod softlt. 

 

"Mm, preferably pink.... but we have to wait to find out' 

 

Sunwoos parents caught on and his mother cheered, squealing in excitement.  "My baby is having a baby!" 

 

His father grinned and looked at them "are you two trying for a baby then?" 

 

"I-im actually thirteen weeks...." Junghwan squeeked. 

 

Sunwoos little sister smiled and congratulating them, saying she was excited to see the baby. 

 

The stay there was nice, everyone understanding noe when junghwan grew rather emotiomal about not being able to drink wine with dinner. Sunwoos mother and father gave them some quick lessons on being parents, saying theyd do as much as they could to help them. Junghwan was greatful for such kind people. 

 

That week went by slowly, the two pricing furniture and clothing the baby would need. They were supposed to see Junghwans famiky the next weekend. Junghwan was nervous.  His older sister couldn't be there,she was too busy with her classes. Now it would be just his parents.  His anxiety made his Morning sickness worse. He sat on the bathroom floor by the toilet, holding his stomach. 

 

"Sunwoo...." he cried out. "I cant do this.... theyre gonna be mad..." 

 

Sunwoo came to his side,   his hair.  "Shh... shh. Its okay. You just need to relax.... tske deep breaths. You'll be okay and theyll be happy... its okay." 

 

Junghwan nodded and got back in bed, resting in sunwoos arms. He was nervous too, Junghwans father was more Traditional, so he was less thrilled abiut their relationship.  Junghwan got better through the morning woth sunwoos tender care. They had a long drive ahead. Sunwoo stopped about every hour for food, Junghwans cravings striking hard. They arrived at the home in the late evening, stiff from sitting.  They were welcomed inside,junghwans mother barely letting go of him. 

 

Things didnt go as planned. Junghwan had eaten so much that he couldnt eat the lrepared meal, making his mother upset. His father glared at sunwoo the whole time before noticing junghwans stomach when he stood to excuse himself

 

"Youre eating junk food and getting fat, you cant even eat this meal.your mother prepared.". 

 

Junghwan sank down into his seat again, chewing on his lip. Sunwoo grew angry, grabbing junghwans hand. "He is not Fat. Hes not eating junk, actually."

 

Junghwans mother tried to calm the tension down between sunwoo and her husband. "Please.. just eat, boys...." she said calmly.  

 

 

All the noise and smells made junghwans stomach upset again. He stoof uo and ran to the bathroom, vomiting intl the toilet.  Sunwoo ran after him instantly, fearing something was wrong.  

 

"Baby.. a- are you okay?" He asked. 

 

Junghwan began to cry, holding sunwoo.  "I- it hurts a bit.. and they.. they hate me... and I just wanted to tell them after dinner!" He cried out. 

 

His parents came to the doorway and looked at them, frowing when they saw the emotiomal state their son was in. 

 

" Honey.... im sorry.. I didnt mean it...." his mother began, father nodding. 

 

Junghwan kept crying, sunwoo looking up at them. Junghwans mood swings had began that afternoon as well. 

 

"You insult me and hate my boyfriend! I- I just wanted to tell you that were.. were having a baby, and you yell at us!" He wails out, sniffling. 

 

They stand there, shocked. Sunwoo wipes junghwans eyes, shushing him again.  "Baby...Shh...shhh... its okay... stop crying, please.." he whispered.  

 

 

Junghwan calmed down whe  sunwoo spoke again. His parents helped them out of the bathroom and to the couch. His mother taking his hands, kissing his forehead.  "Junghwan......... I........ im sorry........ are you really...?" 

 

He nodded, holding sunwoo close still.  His father stayed silent, his mlther sloely adjusting to the idea. "Well... we... we can help you then.......if yiu need anything..." 

 

That night was full pf shock and tears, not at all what junghwan needed. The next day was quiet and awkward. Junghwan lied and said they had to go home early for work. On the car ride home junghwan was still quiet. Sunwoo did his best to cheer him up. 

 

At home he drew a bath for junghwan, letting him rest. Omce out of the bath sunwoo massaged his shoulders and feet, kissing him tenderly. "Dont you dare make their opinion change anything.  Were having this baby no matter what.  I love you and I love our baby. " 

 

Junghwan finally smiled again when sunwoo the baby bump and kissed it.