Proud Daddy

A Growing Baby

Junghwan was upset about his parents reaction, refusing to talk about it. He troed to focus on work and wait patiently for the ultrasound appointment.  They had purchased sample paints in various colors, painting spots on the wall to choose. They were satisfied eith one plae blue gray shade for a boy, and a soft pink and cream for a girl. They purchased a cream colored crib, a rocking chair, and a changing table and dresser. They just needed to know the of the baby to paint the walls and get toys. 

 

Junghwan came home from work, exhausted.  He wasnt sleeping well, his anxiety high. Hed been working over time while he could to earn more money for the baby. Junghwan took a seat in the rocking chair, moving slowly, eyes closed.  He rubbed his growning belly slowly.  

 

"My darling..... I cant wait to see you...." he said.  

 

After an hour or so of rocking junghwan fell victim to his exhaustion, drifting into a deep sleep. Sunwoo came home woth flowers and candy for junghwan. It was their anniversary.  "My Duckling~ where are you?" He called out. 

 

He found junghwan asleep in the rocking chair and smiled sadly. He knew the other wasnt sleeping well. Carefukky he lifted junghwan and carried him to bed, laying him down.  He sat the flowers and candy on the night stand, getting in bed next to Junghwan. He too fell asleep.  In the morning junghwan saw the flowers and suddenly remembered their anniversary.  He got out of bed and went into his bag, pulling out a small gift bag.  He got back into bed and placed it on sunwoos chest. 

 

"Baby, wake up~" he called cutely, kissing his cheek. 

 

Sunwoo awoke, focusing his eyes a bit and smiling.  "Good morning bea-" 

 

Junghwan cut him off with kisses, smiling. "Good morning baby... im sorry I fell asleep.....thank you for the candy and flowers.... I got you this.." 

 

He said, showing Sunwoo the gift bag. Sunwoo sat up and slowky unwrapped it, seeing the picture frame saying "Babies first picture", along with a rolled up t-shirt saying "proud daddy". 

"I got one too.... but mine says Baby on board." He laughed.  

 

Sunwoo was thankful for the gifts, kissing Junghwan again.  "Thank you, beautiful. I love them. Ill wear the shirt today and tell everyone." He was a proud father.  

 

That day at work he wore his new shirt, displaying it proudly. People asked him and he showed pictures of he and Junghwan, and junghwans baby belly. The moving company congratulated him but nothing much else.  The family he worked for were happy for him and even offered him a congratulatory drink. Sunwoo couldn't be happier. He just wanted to know if the baby was a girl or a boy. 

 

That night the two went iut to dinner and had a good time, talking and laughing, having a good time. Back at home they kissed and held each other, thinking of their lives ahead.  

 

"We need to think of names for our baby....." sunwoo said,  rubbing junghwans belly as usual. 

 

"I like Youngjae......" the other mumbled.  

 

"I like Changjo..... and I really really like Hyeri for a girl..." 

"I like that one.. I like Hwasung too..." 

 

Sunwoo nuzzled agaisnt Jungwan, nodding. "We have lots of time to think. Dont worry." 

 

As the weeks passed things went as normal. Howeber Jungwan grew bigger, hid clothes bagan to get slightly tight now that his belly was larger. Today was their doctors appointment.  The eager couple were anxious waiting for the doctor to see them. Junghwan layed down onnthe tabke and lofted his shirt, letting the doctor apply the cold, blue gel to his stomach.  The ultrasound machine was on now, wand guiding ober junghwans stomach. Sunwoo clenched his lovers hand as he watched the screen. 

 

Slowly shapes were made out. A head, a foot, hands, a whole baby. Junghwan and sunwoo teared up as they looked at the screen. They hekd each other close as the technicien moved the wand ober junghwans stomach. 

 

"Would you like to know the ?" She asked.

 

Both nodded their heads, grinning.  She moved the wand further down, inlarging the screen. "You,Junghwan, are carrying a perfectly healthy baby Girl." 

 

"A-a girl.... " he repeated.  Sunwoo echoed him. 

 

The technician printed out pictures of the baby for them and congratulated them. Both crying thanked her, then kissing. 

 

"Its a baby girl.... a- a baby girl..." sunwoo whispered, kissing Junghwan again.  

 

They went home and cheered, gwtting right to painting the room pink and cresm, decorating it with what they had. Both of them put on their shirts, hand in hand they went out shopping for their baby girl, buying all kinds of toys and clothes shed need. Junghwan got emotional inthe store when he felt her kick. He placed sunwoos hand on his side, letting him feel. Sunwoo wiped junghwans eyes, kissinv his head. 

 

"Im so happy, duckling.  I love you so much." 

 

"I love you too, woo" 

 

Back in their little house they continued to make s list and check over it for what they needed. Junghwan had to sit when his feet began hurting, slightky swolle  from the extra weight.  

 

"Youll be the best parent, Duckling." 

 

"Youll be the best appa, woo.  I cant wait to see her...." 

 

"I know, me too."