You Should Know Chapter 2

You Should Know

 

Jaejoong had barely eaten in the past weeks. His pants were baggy on his slender hips and his performances were becoming more and more tired and worn. He had large bags under his eyes and he hardly spoke to anyone, except the occasional thank you.

 

Shim Changmin and Pak Yoochun were conversing softly outside the bus, “We have to do something… He can’t keep up like this.” Changmin said softly.

 

Yoochun nodded, “He’s getting worse too, I think…” he said softly. The youngest member nodded in agreement, blinking over down the length of the bus where the leader of the band was speaking with a pretty young woman.

 

This was Yunho’s newest… Friend. His girlfriend actually, JiYool.

 

Jaejoong was on the bus, staring out of the window, down at the leader, glaring at the woman. “idiot…” he whispered, moving from the bus, blinking at Yoochun and Changmin outside of the door. “Hey.” he said simply, attempting to walk past them but Micky caught his slender wrist, “We need to talk.” he said seriously.

 

Jae blinked, “About?” he asked, his voice apathetic.

 

“About you and this whole “not eating” thing.” Changmin said, crossing his arms angrily over his chests.

 

The older man sighed, “I’m eating fine.” he said, turning to leave, but Yoochun tugged on his wrist. Changmin then tugged at his friend’s pants which fell a bit down his waist, now revealing his underwear which had previously been covered, “That doesn’t look fine to me.” Yoochun said sternly.

 

Jaejoong tore his hand from Micky’s grasp, “I said, I’m FINE.” he repeted angrily, pulling his pants up on his hips. Changmin reached out, taking Jaejoong’s hand and pulling his elder close to his face, “We’re worried hyung.” he said softly, letting the concern show in his eyes.

 

Jae bit his lip, blinking up at the younger but taller boy and shook his head, “No need to be.” he said simply, turning away from him and walking away, his heart seeming to tear. He knew they were worried, but he had no appetite, no will to eat and barely the will to continue with the band. He wiped angrily at the tears that sprouted in his eyes and sighed heavily, passing by Yunho and his girlfriend, his shoulder hitting the other boy’s.

 

Yunho looked up, blinking worriedly at his friend, “Jae, are you alright?” he asked softly.

 

Jaejoong didn’t dare to look back at the boy, “Just. Fine.” he said, gritting his teeth as he went inside of the venue for that night, going to the dressing room to sit and think until the show, which wasn’t for another 3 hours.

 

Yoochun frowned, “Should we get a doctor?” he asked of his friend, but Changmin shook his head, “I think that would make it all a lot worse…” he said softly.

 

Yunho shrugged as his friend walked inside, turning to the girl before him. She was beautiful, just 22, a year younger than her famous boyfriend. He pulled her into his arms, “I’m really glad you got to come today.”

 

She beamed up at him, “Of course, it’s your last show, I wouldn’t miss it.” she said simply, reaching up to catch his lips as hidden photographers snapped shots.

 

He smiled down at her, “Last for now.” he corrected her, touching her nose lightly with the tip of his finger. She smiled, nodding, leaning her head against his chest.

 

“Well, I’m going to go eat and practice, I’ll see you later, yeah?” Yunho asked, kissing her forehead lightly.

She gave a pout but then nodded, “Of course.” she said simply, heading into the venue to the dressing room to wait for her boyfriend, as Yunho took off towards Yoochun and Changmin, “So, lunch? Ramen shop?” They blinked up at him and nodded, smiling as the three boys started up a conversation, waiting for Junsu to finish getting ready on the bus.

 

 

 

Jaejoong was laying on a bench, staring up at the ceiling when the door opened, he sat up, seeing the girl that he had come to hate so very much over the past weeks. He laid back down, his face now set in anger as he blinked, counting ceiling tiles.

 

JiYool spotted him and put on a small smile, “Hello Jaejoong-ssi.” she said softly, going to sit on the bench across from him, “Aren’t you going to eat with everyone else?”

 

He didn’t look at her, simply stared up above him, “No. I’m not hungry.” he stated simply.

 

She frowned at the iciness in his tone, “Oh… Well then…” she said softly, tucking the hair out of her face as she tried to make small talk, “Have you enjoyed tour?”

 

He scoffed, laughing bitterly, “Not in the least bit.” he said, his tone angry now.

 

She blinked, “Oh? I thought you loved the band.” she said, blinking over at him.

 

Jaejoong let out that same bitter laugh, “Loved. Past tense.”

 

The girl was taken aback, “You don’t like it anymore?” she asked, now toying with the ends of her hair.

 

The boy sat up, looking at her seriously, “No. I don’t.” he said angrily.

 

JiYool stared at him, “Oh…” she averted her gaze from his angry eyes, “Are you uh… planning on leaving?”

 

He stopped, looking to her, “I really don’t think that’s any of your damn business.” he said seriously.

 

She stood up, “If it has to do with Yunho’s future, then it is my business!” she said defiantly.

 

Jaejoong stood up with her, glaring down at her, “You wouldn’t know anything about Yunho!” he said, his voice raising, hands clenching into fists at his sides.

 

“He’s my boyfriend! I know enough!” she retorted.

 

He shook his head, his eyes blazing with hate, “You know enough to keep you happy. You have no clue of his past, or his family.” he said seriously, taking a step closer to him, “And so you know, yes. I am leaving the band.”

 

She stared up at him, falling open at his words, “I… Wha--”

 

He cut her off, “We’ll see just how long you last with Jung Yunho without him raking in money from Tohoshinki.”

 

With this he moved past her, shoving his shoulder into hers, forcing her to stumbled back, leaving her sitting on the bench as before, watching his retreating figure.