Fitness

Life hacks, tips and tricks.

Hello, dear friends.

Today I'd like to talk to you about your physical health.

 

 

I consider this a rather important topic, seeing as your body is one of your more important assets in life. You use your body for transportation and even communication, so it is in your interest to keep it as healthy as possible.

Greek phylosophers stated that a basic human right is to be in you best mental and physical health, and that not being the best you can be is a crime.

 

I know excercising is hard, and I know that you want fast results and that the ''fast result'' programmes are hard and that the easy ones are 'way too long', but today I'd like to tell you that there is no such thing as a ''fast result course'' or a magical pill that will make you Superman.

You've probably heard all of this before but I'd like to tell you not to give up. 

Please start small, e.g. eat a little bit less everyday, meaning don't starve yourself and then overeat when it becomes too much, but maybe take a smaller portion of rice and fill the difference with fruit. 

I consider changing your diet the the hardest part but I'm telling you from experience that if you start small, maybe in a month's time you'll see results in the form of being less tired, having more energy, being more motivated and being able to concentrate more.

You'll just adapt to eating less unhealthy food, it's not really that hard and I promise you won't miss it.

I still eat sweets on occasion, but after lowering the percent of sweets and snacks I eat I even saw a difference in my complexion (I have next to no pimples now).

I'd recommend fruit and greens. I honestly don't like lettuce, but I eat smal portions of it because I know it's important for a balanced diet. Please eat less cured / overly salty meats and stick to leaner ones such as chicken, turkey and fish. Eating breakfast is very important, you'll feel less hungry throughout the day. As a healthy snack I'd recommend almonds and green tea, they really fill you up and both have a lot of health benefits (such as fiber and an increase in metabolism speed respectfully).

I am not here to drasticaly change your diet but to help you by telling you how you can improve it, a step at a time, for your own well-being. 

 

While you are successfully changing you diet for the better, you can start improving you fitness as well. Being fit brings many benefits I think most people are aware of, but the biggest problem is where to start.

Before you concentrate on weightloss, because many people associate being fit with being thin, I'd like to tell you that no, you can't target certain areas, and that yes, you should get you trainers on because we're going running.

Running, or jogging, is an excellent exercise because it targets, as far as I know, all aspects of physical fitness (speed, dexterity, endurance, etc.).

I'd like you to start your healthy life with jogging, even if it's a 3-minute-running-in-place while you wait for your soup to be done (not that I do that).

Good exercises I use in my routine (as well as a quick workout) are:

-squats - (do 20 at first and add an additional 5 every day, you can do it!)

-jump rope (or a good excuse for not running) - (for as long as you can)

-jumping jacks (start with doing them for a minute)

-planks (start with a 20-30 second plank depending on how long you can last)

 

I'd like to recommend you Nerd Fitness as well. They have great workouts for begginers (Beginner Body Weight Workout) and advanced athletes, and a very nice and supportive community. The ammount of motivation you can find there is endless!

 

Once again I'd like to tell you that I am in no way a professional and that I speak from personal experience, as well as if you'd like to know more about a certain topic, but can't find the information you need, please tell me in the comments below, and I'll try to find the right answers for you.

 

 

Yours sincerely,

Baozi.