t h r e e

À trois métres du ciel

Chapter Three

 

 

Sitting down on the small garden of the school, Jaejoong was inhaling the warm breeze of spring. The first day of school was going well and he was actually quite happy yet he didn’t have made any friends. Sighing, grabbing his tray of lunch he had bought in the caféteria, the beautiful man slowly started to munch on his food. It wasn’t a lot yet still enough to make his stomach full.

 

Groaning at the sweet sensation of the strawberries he was eating, Jaejoong grinned and placed the tray down, holding on his hands only the bowl of strawberries. His favorite fruit, the only ailment he would die for. Tilting his head to the side, trailing his tongue down on his bottom lip, off the small amount of juice on them away. He was enjoy his sweet moment alone with his strawberries.

 

“I was looking for you.” A high pitched voice was heard and in mere of seconds a small figure was sitting beside him.

 

“huh…” Jaejoong mumbled, opening his eyes to stare at the person beside him.

 

“Im Junsu, nice to meet you Jaejoong.” The boy said smiling cheerfully “You are quite famous and you are new. That’s amazing.”

 

“I am famous? Why is that?” The beautiful boy said, looking confused.

 

“You look like someone who went to this school in the past. That’s all.”

 

“Oh…”

 

“Don’t mind it. Anyways, i am here to be your friend.” The latter said, grinning like an idiot. “People rarely hang around with me since i am a loud person and stuff…”

 

“I think you’re nice…”

 

“I know right? I don’t know what’s with them. I am just… you know i like to talk a lot and then i have this high pitched voice and stuff… Oh god im sorry, i shouldn’t be talking about this…”

 

“It’s okay. I need someone like you around me.” The beauty said, placing one of his hands over his shoulders.

 

“Really? So Jaejoong, where do you live? What do you think about this village? Do you like the school? Did someone caught your eye? We have a lot of handsome guys here. Oh sorry are you gay or straight? You are so beautiful that i thought you were gay and--”

 

“Junsu calm down, i won’t follow you if you keep asking so many questions.” Jaejoong said laughing while shaking his head to both sides. “I don’t know if i am gay or not, i never dated before.”

 

“Are you serious? You never dated? How can that be true? You are soooo beautiful and and… omagod, i don’t believe you..”

 

“It is true. I never dated before, my life was complicated. It’s only now getting better.”

 

“Oh… wanna talk about it?”

 

“No, not really.”

 

“Okay, what class are you having next then?”  Junsu said munching his sandwich.

 

“I have music class. I'm really looking forward it. “ Jaejoong said smiling, taking the box of medecine out of his bag “I really love to sing.”

 

“Really? You should show me one of these days.” Junsu said smiling, holding one bottle of water to Jaejoong .

 

“Thanks.”

 

The next of hours Jaejoong was starting to have fun in class, he found out that in most of classes he would share them with Junsu and somehow he was glad about it. Junsu was a good friend and really funny and no matter how serious he tried to be, he would always make the beautiful boy laugh, laugh like he had never did before. He was happy, he couldn’t deny that fact.

 

People would look at him, from head to toe, making the younger uncomfortable on his skin yet he tried to forget that fact that he reminded them someone who had died? Lived? Still alive? He didn’t know and he really didn’t want to found out. He wasn’t that person, he was Kim Jaejoong a boy who had suffered all his childhood and most of his teenager years because of an illness.

 

Placing some books under his arm and as well grabbing his bag from the ground, the beautiful man finally got out from his last class, a huge, proud smile illuminating his beautiful features. Yes, he was proud of himself and he couldn’t wait to find his grandmother and tell her everything yet in process when he was about to exit the building a hand grabbed onto his arm, pulling him with a quick and strong movement into an empty classroom.

 

“Who are you?” The same boy who had talked to him that same morning was now standing in front of him, faces only mere inches apart from each other. “Why did you come here? Go away. Go back to your place.” the other hissed under his breath, tightening his hold on the beauty’s arm.

 

“What? Please let me go… You’re hurting me…”Jaejoong said, looking at the person in front of him with watery eyes. Pain mixed with fear that’s what he was feeling. “I don’t know what you are talking about, Im just Kim Jaejoong. Im sorry if i remind you that person…”

 

“You shouldn’t be sorry. You should be afraid. I hated that person. Just go back to your old place and never come back here again. Im warning you Kim Jaejoong, this won’t be having an happy end.”

 

Feeling his heart ache, his head spinning around the beautiful boy tried his best to stay still, trying to not move from his place yet he was scared. Staring at those empty, emotionless black eyes owned by the latter hurting him was scary. In his entire life he had never saw such horrible eyes, such lifeless eyes except his.

 

“I am not afraid. I know i won’t be having an happy end.” The boy said, his voice a mere whisper which made the boy take his hand away from his arm.

 

“What are you talking about now?” The latter said, looking at him with a suspicious look.

 

“I will never have a happy end. People like me will never have an happy ending but death. Just forget that i exist and i’ll try to not get in your way. Just let me live my life.”


With those words Jaejoong turned around on his spot, grabbing the books that had fell down on the floor after being pushed to end up running outside. The only thing he was waiting for at the very moment was his grandmother’s comfort. Weird and unique was two words that really well chosen to describe his first day in school.