o n e

À trois métres du ciel

Chapter one

 

 

The sun was already up, illuminating the beautiful sight of the gardens on the campaign. Everything seemed so green, so alive, gorgeous. The small soft breeze of the wind caressing the trees making them move like a soft dance. The beauty of the place couldn’t be described. So unreal, so supernatural yet it was what a beautiful boy saw. A unreal place where he would be living.

 

Life can’t be always easy. We can’t always have what we want and for him life was something that hasn’t a meaning. Life was something without sense. Since he was little boy life started to be unfair to him. Never had friends, never tried to have a normal life as a kid and now that he is a teenager nothing changed. Everything stills the same.

 

What is a school? What is hanging around with friends? What’s love? He doesn’t know anything that makes life complete. He doesn’t know anything that creates the happy feeling inside of his chest. Darkness, sorrow, agony that’s all he knows since the problem on his lungs was found. Back then he was only ten years old, now having eighteen depression was reaching him slowly.

 

Sighing, looking around, liking how the wind would caress his white pale skin Jaejoong closed his eyes. Inhaling, hearing, trying to see the picture of his future here in the middle of nowhere. Would he go to school? would he finally have friends to hang out with? Would be be pushed away because of his sickness? He doesn’t know but one thing is for sure. He will never show his weak side to anyone.

 

“Jaejoong sweetheart, come inside it’s getting cold.” His grandmother said, placing one of her small hands over his shoulders.

 

“Did something happen in this place granny? Why is that house burnt?” The beautiful boy asked, looking at the burnt house a few meters away from him.

 

“I don’t know sweetie, i’m new here just like you are.” She answered back, giving him a soft yet sad smile. “ Come one now, you must rest and take your medications.”

 

Following his grandmother inside, the beautiful man gave the burnt house a last glance feeling a slight ache inside of his chest. Something bad had happened in that place, something in the past that have scared all the persons who lived there. What was it? He wanted to know, he wanted to found out the truth about this small village. Something was connecting him with that mansion.

 

Lying down on his bed, snuggling into his blankets, the beautiful boy holding a book on his hands was reading. Smiling as the story got interesting, smiling while reading the beautiful feelings written down on the white page of the book. The kind of feeling that he had never experienced, the kind of feeling he wanted to found out. The beauty of a love story was too beautiful to even describe it in words.

 

“Grammy, is it true that once you fall in love you’ll only have eyes to that person?” Jaejoong asked once he noticed his grandmother get inside of the bedroom with a tray of food.

 

“Why are you asking me that sweetie?” She said, laughing.

 

“ I am curious about it. I love you a lot granny but i don’t think this is the feeling that the book is talking about.”

 

“ It is not sweetheart.”

 

“Then what kind of love is it?”

 

“This is the kind of love that we cannot seek for. This kind of love will happen when we are less expecting it when you’ll meet the right person. Some say that true love only happens once in a lifetime others say that true love does not exist. “ His grandmother said, placing her hand over jaejoong’s one “your heart will be racing your chest, you’ll find yourself smiling while observing that person or even by only thinking of but you will only feel what love is when you’ll experience for the first time the kiss made of love.”

 

“Did you feel that with grandfather?”

 

“Your grandfather was everything to me sweetheart, i loved him with all my heart and even today after his death i still ask if he is okay, even after his death i still love him dearly. No death can stop two people from loving each other.”

 

“That seems so beautiful granny…”

 

“It is and i’m sure you’ll find your soulmate one day, Jaejoong.”

 

“If death doesn’t take me away first grammy.”

 

“ You’re strong Jaejoong, you might seem fragile but i know that your heart is strong enough to survive.”

 

“I love you granny, i don’t know what i would do without you…”

 

“Shhh sweetie. I love you too.” She said with a smile, patting her beloved grandson’s head “ Now eat all the food i made. You need a lot of energy to survive to your first day in school.”

 

Indeed, the beautiful boy was having his first day of school. Having the sickness he had, Jaejoong never experienced what school was either. He was nervous. His heart was racing inside of his chest. He was asking himself what would be happening tomorrow once people would lie their eyes on him yet could he do something about it? Would he want to hide from those eyes? Perhaps he would yet this was what he wanted, he wanted to have a normal teenager life.

 

Grabbing the chopsticks from the tray, Jaejoong slowly placed the homemade food inside of his mouth, munching it slowly, enjoying the delicious taste. Yes, he loved his grandmother, she was the only person who truly cared about him, the only person who was there for him. His parents? They left him. He never meet them. Should he be sad about it? Yes he should, but he wasn’t. He was actually glad to live with his grandmother.

 

When his grandfather died, he thought life wouldn’t be the same. Seeing his grandmother cry, knelt down beside his grave. Everything seemed so sad so painful to take. He hated seeing it, he wanted to comfort her yet he didn’t know how to do it. Instead he tried to fight back his illness. He tried to smile more often and somehow, seeing his grandmother smile back give him strength to keep going.