Three; Sometimes

1221

Jongdae slept for a whole day. In between, he was actually aware of the people around him. Sometimes, there was one, sometimes two. Sometimes people are really loud together, sometimes there was just one guy sitting quietly by his side. Sometimes, there was no one at all. Sometimes, everyone was there and someone would demand everyone to get out. Sometimes.

When he finally came to, he squinted because the lights hurt his eyes, someone was nodding off beside him. That someone was, Baekhyun. Jongdae was touched, Baekhyun was one of his best friends afterall. He cleared his throat awkwardly, and Baekhyun immediately snapped awake.

"Sorry I didn't mean to fall asleep! It's just that I was too tired! I'm going back to practice n-- Oh." He rambled on and on till he realised it wasn't training time.

"Oh Jongdae you're awake!" Baekhyun exclaimed, his loud voice hurting Jongdae's head. Jongdae smiled and nodded, as an excited Baekhyun shouted for everyone to come in. Soon, everyone was in the small room and Jongdae was feeling really uncomfortable. Well, everyone was speaking at the same time and even though Jongdae likes it, sometimes he wished it wasn't like this.

Suddenly, Kris spoke up and demanded everyone to leave the room except for Baekhyun. He rattled off a list of things for Baekhyun to do. First, get Jongdae some water, then, get him some food, and again, keep him in loop of what happened the past day, he has to catch up. 

Nodding, Baekhyun went out and came back with a tray of lukewarm water and porridge. Jongdae had gestured that he could eat himself, as he ate spoon after spoon of the porridge. And damn, it was delicious. It tasted like homecooked food, and reminded him of home. Without noticing, a tear ran down from his eyes and Baekhyun looked flustered.

"W-why?!"

Jongdae didn't react, instead, he hugged his pillow and let the tears out.

"Who cooked the porridge?" He asked Baekhyun when he felt better, and took a drink from the glass of water.
"I did." Kyungsoo's soft voice came from the door
Jongdae almost spat out the water he was drinking. "Y-you?" 
"Yeah." Kyungsoo replied, voice void of all emotions, not even hostility towards Jongdae.

There was an awkward silence before Baekhyun spoke up.

"I'll leave you guys to talk."

After Baekhyun left the room, there was another long silence.

"Um, so. Thanks for the porridge, Soo. Appreciate it." Jongdae told the younger, hoping Kyungsoo would feel his gratitude.
"I noticed your tears just now. Why?" Kyungsoo asked.
"It reminded me of home, of my mom." 
"We all miss them." The younger replied. "I understand."
"I want to debut quickly, so i can show her how far I've came. You're probably annoyed because I came in last and already took the spot as one of the better vocalists, yet you trained longer. I didn't mean to. Maybe I rubbed off as some arrogant guy because I can reach good ranges, but, I really respect you, Kyungsoo. Your control, and your emotions." Jongdae spoke from his heart, trying to diffuse the hatred they had for each other.

They sat in silence, one digesting what the other had said, the other hoping that his message got through.

"What?" Jongdae asked, confusion written all over his face as he looked at Kyungsoo's extended arm.
"Handshake." was the only reply he got, along was a genuine smile on the younger's face.

 


 

BTS:

"Don't play here, get out, Jongdae needs the peace and quiet to rest." Kyungsoo said calmly, while still with authority.

"I drew out a schedule as to who to stay with Jongdae while he's out. We can't do it when we have practice, of course, but I've planned it to match everyone's classes and trainings. It should do. Inform everyone when Jongdae comes to, alright?" Kyungsoo was the caring one in the team, he knows what to do, even the older ones let him take charge in situations like this,

Kyungsoo tugged at Kris' shirt, motioning that he wants to talk to the stern on for a moment. "You have to take control. Get everyone out of the room, they'll be hurting Jongdae's head. Also, he probably need some water and food, I've cooked a pot of porridge for him. Get Baek to bring it to him." Kris had nodded before going back into the room, demanding everyone to, well, "GET OUT".