One; the Firsts

1221

Disclaimer: I do not follow the facts closely. This is like in an AU where EXO is still EXO but they're not the same. ;)

 


 

When Kyungsoo first met Jongdae, he was being introduced to the team as the last addition.

"Guys this is your new member. Kim Jongdae. Introduce yourself."
"Hello! I'm Jongdae!" Jongdae had smiled widely and greeted the group loudly. 

Ugh. So enthusiastic. Over enthusiastic. And loud. Kyungsoo had thought. As if Baekhyun and Chanyeol wasn't enough.

 


 

When the company representative had left. There was an awkward silence before Junmyeon stepped out and greeted Jongdae warmly.

"I'm the leader, Junmyeon. But I'll be going by Suho." 

As if a spell has been broken, the others greeted Jongdae with smiles on their faces. Everyone, except Kyungsoo.

 


 

It didn't take Jongdae long to divide the team up in cliques.

Zitao (Jongdae prefers calling him Tao as it is easier) is always clinging onto Kris. And however cold Kris might look, he always failed to keep a straight face at Tao's antics.

Jongin and Yix--Lay are always together, deep in discussion. Probably about dance and choreography, since they're the best dancers in the group.

Luhan and Minseok are always sitting peacefully together, They don't talk much, but Jongdae could tell that they're really close. Probably because they go to the same classes at school.

Junmyeon (or Suho, as he'll rather be called), is always seen with Sehun. Probably because he understood what the youngest was going through, because he started at the same age.

But out of everyone, that pair who stood out the most was Chanyeol and Baekhyun, They're the loudest. Jongdae was jealous. He thought Baekhyun would be the easiest to make a friend out of, since they started training around the same time, and they're both vocalists.

But no, Jongdae was really close to Baekhyun. But Baekhyun was closer to Chanyeol.

What's left was Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo didn't have a partner yet. But, Kyungsoo had ignored Jongdae whenever Jongdae approached him. 

Cold, so cold. Freezing cold. Jongdae had thought.

 


 

"Kris and Chanyeol."
"Sehun and Zitao."
"Jongin and Minseok."
"Junmyeon and Yixing"
"Jongdae and ..."

The time is here for the monthly evaluation that they do in pairs. Jongdae had hoped he'll be paired up with Baekhyun as they're really good friends, or at least, Luhan, since Luhan was easy to be around.

"... Kyungsoo."

It was like the world came crashing down on Jongdae, his hopes were dashed. Out of everyone, it had to be Kyungsoo.

"Baekhyun and Luhan."
"Whatever you guys choose to present at the evaluation is up to you guys." The trainer had said before leaving.

Chatters were heard as the group paired themselves up as said. But for Kyungsoo and Jongdae, they were sitting in silence, staring at each other, speechless at how things took a turn.

Both of them, usually ignoring each other's presences, had to work together.