Chapter 2

Do You Remember?

They did not speak to each other at all the last 3 days.
Minseok tried calling Luhan a million times, getting more and more hopeless with every call.

"Does he really hate me now?" He asked himself.


Luhan didn't know what to do.
He was hurt, though. The pain stung his heart but he didn't know what to do.

He loved Minseok but was in too much of a shock to think right... and to understand.


Finally the day came. 
The day for Minseok to leave. He had 5 more minutes before boarding.
He gave Luhan one more call. Just one more, to see if he would pick up. Praying that he would. Wishing he would.

Ring. 
Ring. 
Ring.

It rang 3 times.

Ring.
Ring. 
Ring.

It rang 3 more times.

.... no one picked up.

He felt hopeless & desperate as he turned off his phone and boarded his flight. 
To a land so new. So different. So far.


{ three years later }

It was a bright morning in the streets of Seoul.
Luhan was now a barista at a coffee shop downtown. Why was he a barista? Coffee always reminded him of Minseok. The Minseok he missed terribly much.


// ding ding //

The bell chimes hung at the door rang, indicating a customer.

"Hello, may I take your order?" Luhan said, not looking up, but rather looking down trying to fix the jammed cash register.


"Yeah, I'd like a cappuccino please... with whipped cream." The customer replied.


The voice was strangely familiar. 
Could it be..?
Luhan slowly looked up.
And there was the face of the familiar person. But not the one he wanted it to be.


"Oh, Luhan hyung!" Lay exclaimed.

"Oh, Yixing. Its you..." Luhan said, slightly disappointed. He thought  it was his lost friend, Minseok. 

"Hm? Wae? Is something wrong? You seem kinda sad to see me..." The younger asked vaugely.

"No, no. Its nothing.. Its just.. your voice sounded so much like..."

"Minseok?" He asked. He knew how much Luhan missed his hyung.

Luhan just nodded his head lugubriously.

"Its alright. I know how you feel. I miss him too. Have you tried calling him?"

"He got a new cell phone number.... phones from Korea don't work in America..."

"Oh, right... I forgot."

"Its alright. Was it one cappuccino you ordered? I'll have it ready in a sec!" Luhan smiled.


The day felt incredibly slow for Luhan. His head was just accumulated with Minseok all day long. He slightly burnt his right hand from spilling the coffee, being distracted thinking of his hyung.


"Ahh- it hurts..." He said looking down at his hand.

It was already dark and he was waiting for the next bus to his neighborhood.

"I wonder what Minseok is doing right now... is he well? Is he happy? Does he miss me? Does he remember me? Does he--" Luhan took a deep breath."does he still..love me?"


He deeply regretted not being there at the airport the day Minseok left. He wanted to be there. He wanted to say 'I love you' just one more time. He missed the warmth of his friend who kept him company. He felt lonely.


"If only I could turn back time..."


Suddenly the bus arrived and Luhan got on. He always rode the bus wherever he went. It reminded him of Minseok who always took the bus with him. Always. And of course he always sat at the same spot they used to sit. At the very back where they would chatter nonstop and talk about the most useless stuff in the world.

Then the bus arrived. The ride wasn't that long. Maybe a merely short 15-20 minutes.

He walked through the dark allies of his neighborhood. It wasn't very dark though. At least a few street lights were on.

He walked. 
Right foot.
Left foot.
Right foot.
Left foot.
Right.
Left.
Right.
Left....

Then there he was. Arrived at his house. Luhan promised to never, ever move. He grew up in that house. With his parents who died when he was younger, and of course he also grew up in that house with his beloved Minseok. Who always went to his house to play.

Suddenly he saw a figure.
He wasn't able to clearly see the face, because of the poor lighting, but he knew it was someone familiar.
Was it.... Minseok?


A/N: Second chapter up! Thank you so much for reading! Im so sorry that I lack a lot of writing skills. I know the story doesn't flow that well, but thank you so much for reading. <3 :)