Four

But I'm Straight!

When Hyukjae was done thinking showering, he got dressed and looked at the bed Donghae had slept in, fighting the strangest urge to fall back into the bed and do nothing but inhale the scent of the other man. Hitting himself, for the nth time in only two hours, and hyukjae was pretty sure he was going to end up with a bruised forehead at the end of the day. "Just stop thinking about the other man, damn it. Then maybe you actually won't end up with a bump on your head" the sensible voice in his head reasoned, and Hyukjae nodded vigorously, "Yes, I'm a cool straight, straight as a ruler man. I don't need anyone." He reminded himself, clenching his fist and shutting his eyes as he nodded to himself, trying to carve the mantra in his body, his soul, his entire spiri-

"Uhh.. What are you doing?" a curious voice interrupted, and hyukjae opened his eyes, his head slightly dizzy and feeling anything but cool as he spot donghae's face peeking into the room.

"Get out!" hyukjae snarled, trying to be cold although he could feel his cheeks heat up like fire- the second time you have embarrassed yourself, the voice in his head reminded and hyukjae wanted to punch the voice out of his head if he could but instead glared at the head peeking in. "Are you dumb? I said, get out."

"I.. I.." donghae pouted visibly and hyukjae ignored the thumping of his heart at the adorable pout. "I just wanted to tell you breakfast was ready, hyukkie." Donghae let himself in the bedroom, his head down and his hands together, thumbs twiddling together, and that damn pout. It was almost as if donghae was purposely making hyukjae felt bad- and if that was his mission, the younger man had passed with extraordinary marks because hyukjae's mind nagged at him to apologise.

Hyukjae shuffled from one foot to another nervously, not really sure how to pacify someone- heck, in his entire 27 years, hyukjae never had to please anyone, it was always the other way round. Damn you and your adorable face, hyukjae cursed silently. It was even more awkward that Donghae was now standing in front of him looking like a kicked puppy.

Hyukjae heave a sigh, mentally cringing. "I'm.. I'm sorry. I'm just not a morning person." Hyukjae lied as he looked at the top of donghae's bowed head.

Like a machine coming to life, donghae lifted his head, a smile plastered on his face and his eyes were like cresent moon.

"IT'S OKAY!!" donghae cheered, "I'm just glad you're not mad at me!" Donghae raised his arms enthusiastically as he hugged the older man who was caught off-guard. Donghae rubbed his face against hyukjae's chest, the action reminding hyukjae of a cat and as his cat looked up at him, he gently shoved the younger man away.

"Okay, breakfast." he stated, as he walked out of the room, his ears as red as his hair.

Donghae stared at the older man's back and smiled, almost wanting to laugh at the reaction he got.

"Yndhsou ajdbhe bejdn in ldsjhs atrje ydku"

Hyukjae physically cringed as he was greeted by the sight of mashed food in the younger man's mouth. "Ya," he reprimaded, hitting the other man's head, "eat then talk." Hyukjae shook his head. "Didn't your parents teach you anything?" he muttered as he scooped the ramen donghae made for breakfast. "Ramen is good at any time of day!" donghae had argued when questioned over the choice of breakfast he made.

Silence filled the air, and with the younger man around, silence was practically impossible. Realising that he had just accidentally asked Donghae about his parents, hyukjae cautiously looked up. Hyukjae is a man of no fear but he don't think he could challenge a crying anyone- what more, donghae crying. He felt his body flood with relief when he saw that donghae was only blankly looking into space.

"Donghae?" hyukjae called out.

The said man shook his head, a bitter smile on his face as he looked at the red-haired man. "They disowned me when they found out I was gay." 

"Oh.. I- Is that why you're.. you're selling yourself?"

Hyukjae wasn't being insensitive, it was just his character to not sugar-coat things. Hyukjae was being realistic. Hyukjae was just being Hyukjae.

"Hmm," donghae pondered, not offended in the slightest over the other man's choice of words, placing a hand against his chin, "well, as long as it gives me a place to sleep for the night. I don't mind spreading my legs op-"

"Quit your job," hyukjae interrupted icily, "if it's even called a job.."

Donghae looked confused as he tilted his head, (in the goddamn most adorable way, hyukjae thought) his adorable face cupped between his hands and hyukjae felt his eyes glazed over with love at the pouting confused lips and the round beautiful double-eyelid eyes.

"Do you.." donghae trailed, almost as if he was hesistating, "Have you by any chance actually fallen in love with me, hyuk?"

Hyukjae choked on his orange juice, gasping for breath as bouts of laughter filled the dining table.

After glaring at the amused boy, a few silent moments and donghae's profuse apologies, hyukjae cleared his throat. "I am a cool man. I am Lee Hyukjae." he reminded himself of the mantra he made this morning.

"I'm not gay. And it's not hyuk," hyukjae told the younger man off, "nor is it hyukkie." He forced himself to say, ignoring his red ears. "How old are you, by the way? You don't look like you're even 27 years old so that definitely makes me an elder."

Donghae giggled, finding hyukjae's red ears entertaining. "Well, hyukjae-shii. I'm 25 years old and what's wrong with being gay? You're just falling in love with someone who has the same body parts as you- that doesn't and it shouldn't make a person feel wrong. Love is a wonder-"

"I have a girlfriend." Hyukjae lied, not really wanting to let donghae convince him of his uality, or even hear him talk of love. Hyukjae scoffed as he realised the irony of the situation. "Ya, who are you to talk about love when you're the one who sleeps around."

Hyukjae glanced at the younger man's face and felt a stabbing sensation when he saw hurt in the eyes staring at him.

"I have no choice, hyukjae-shii." he reminded the other man.

"You do!" Hyukjae stood up from the table, he didn't know why he was over-reacting like this. "You can stop what you're doing and stay here. I'll give you food and room, just- just get a proper job."

Donghae looked up, shock and speechless at the man's outburst.

"I-I-I'm going to work!" Hyukjae stumbled as he realised the suffocating atmosphere, fleeing away from the scene and shutting the door shut.

 

Donghae stared at the closed door, it all happened very fast. Did Hyukjae really mean it when he said he could stay? But Donghae was nothing more than a stranger.. And Hyukjae, he wasn't gay nor does he want .. Donghae was very confused. He placed a hand on his chest, just noticing how his heart was beating like a drum as he thought of the older man shouting at him to quit his job- it almost seemed as if.. as if Hyukjae really genuinely cared for him. 

 

"Am I in love?" donghae whispered, hand on his chest and eyes on the closed door.

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Thank you for your comments. Is this long enough? HEHHEHEE Please tell me if it is getting very draggy etc etc, all your comments are welcomed! Good or bad, give them all to me. I just sounded like Donghae from this character right hehe anyway comment and I'll try to improvise as much as I could. Thank you

 

//VIOLENTLY SHOOTS INVISIBLE HEARTS