One

But I'm Straight!

For a while, a man laid in bed; his head felt like an elephant had trampled on it when he was asleep. Hyukjae tried to remember what happened last night, but as he looked up at the white ceiling he could not remember anything at all. All he knew was he had too much to drink, anything after that was a blank that he can't recall at all. The man sat up in bed, it was almost time to go to work. He never missed a single day of work and today would be no different.

 

BANG! The door banged open, almost surprising Hyukjae that he felt his heart almost beating out of his chest.

"Ah! Hyukjae, you're awake! There's food in your fridge, can I go and have some?" 

"Ah- I- um," hyukjae stared at the other man, or boy- he definitely looked a few years younger, "sure go ahead."

The boy squealed thank you as he closed the door, leaving hyukjae to slightly panic at who the stranger that just appeared was. With a heavy heart, he removed the blankets covering his lower body.

 

"."

 

Hyukjae was and there was a stranger in his house; putting two and two together, the slender man palmed his face with a smack. There was three problems.

1) He had no idea who the boy is at all.

2) He can't remember anything.

3) Hyukjae is as straight as a ruler.

 

Cursing himself, Hyukjae made his way to the bathroom for a hot shower to clear his head. Once he washed himself clean and scrubbed his skin so hard it turned red, the man immediately got dressed and went out of his room, avoiding the mess of his bed.

"You're dressed!" an excited voice sounded through the empty house.

Hyukjae turned towards the direction of the voice and was shocked to see that the boy was still there.

"Come and eat breakfast. I've set the table up!" the boy excitedly continued, his eyes curving into crescent as he smiled wide at Hyukjae. "Eat well, Hyukjae!" he exclaimed as he picked his chopsticks and began helping himself to the fruits on the table.

Hyukjae decided that either the boy has got no shame or he was really just very naive.

"Um.. Yes, you too, um...." hyukjae replied uncertainly.

"DONGHAE!" the boy replied, opening his mouth and letting hyukjae see the half-chewed fruits.

Grimacing at the sight, hyukjae nodded curtly. "Don't talk with food in your mouth- it's disgusting."

The little brunette smiled with his mouth closed and chewed quickly.

"You don't remember anything last night did you, hyukjae?"

​"Yah-" rebuked the older man, "are you older than me?! Are you my friend?! Call me "Hyukjae-shii".

Donghae smiled sheepishly, "You don't remember anything last night, Hyukjae-shi? ..you owe me 104300.00 won! I'm a and-"

Hyukjae choked on his water and as he placed the cup back on the table, he stared at the boy before him.

"Are you okay?!" Donghae asked concerned, rising half-way from his seat.

"Yah! You think I don't know?! I'm the type of person who sleeps immediately when I'm drunk so if you insist I had with you- it's probably you me. And before you argue, I just want you to know that I'm a lawyer. And , my foot! I've seen people like you around here. I'm not paying you. I've given you a place to sleep and food, that should be enough. I'm leaving. Just close the door when you leave- it locks automatically on its own." Hyukjae stated as he rose up from his seat and made his way to the door.

"YAH!" donghae shouted in disbelief, "y-you!! How do you know I won't steal something here and run away?!"

However, his question was only met with the slam of the door closing.

"..I just know, you idiot." hyukjae muttered at the closed door before he walked to the elevator- eager to place the morning event behind him and hoping the boy would be gone when he gets home.