Three

But I'm Straight!

The red-haired man woke up immediately when the clock strike eight, his body clock working perfectly in sync out of habit. Hyukjae groaned and rolled to his left- only to land straight on the floor.

"What the- Ahhh " he cursed as he recalled bringing the younger man home, forcing him to sleep on the couch. He sat up and stretched, untying the invisible knots on his body. Hyukjae sat back on the couch and looked at the close door. He still had no clue why he brought the other boy home, someone unrelated to him. Hyukjae thought of the boy's happiness when he jumped on to his bed yesterday night and stifled a laugh. Donghae was really adorable.

"Aish!" Hyukjae burst, hitting his head with his hands, secretly hating himself for thinking of the boy so early in the morning. He recalled the exploding jealousy that burst through his body when he saw someone trying to "buy" donghae and shook his head violently. Hyukjae isn't gay. He know he definitely isn't. Finally reasoning it as just mere protection instinct for the, hyukjae had to admit, really adorable boy, he sat up from the couch and walked quietly to the empty room. Not wanting to disturb the sleeping beauty inside, Hyukjae slowly turned the knob and put his head in. Donghae was fast asleep with his lips pouting and his body covered in blanket. Hyukjae silently went in the room and got his clothes out of the wadrobe. He looked back a few times, careful not to wake the younger man up. Once he had everything in his arm, hyukjae went to the side of the bed and stared at the creature in his bed. The older man couldn't remember anything that happened the night he met donghae. He knew nothing happened on that night too. Hyukjae stared at the sleeping face, tracing his features with his eyes. A million questions went through his mind; how old is Donghae, why is he doing this, where is his family, what does he do in the day; but when donghae stirred in his sleep, hyukjae's heart almost jumped out of his chest as the man quickly fled from the scene and out of the room, accidentally banging the door close in his panic.

 

Hyukjae stiffened against the closed door, not daring to move anyway. What the was he doing anyway? Staring at the person like a creep. Not that he isn't one, of course. Nor was he gay, hyukjae assured himself. He was just merely a cat who got curious and the saying, "Curiosity killed the Cat." was definitely true because the red-head heard shuffles from his room and Hyukjae prayed it was just donghae trying to fall asleep again. The room turned silent again with a last creak from the bed and hyukjae exhaled a sigh, not realising he was holding one in when the door opened and he almost fell backwards.

"AHHH!" donghae shouted in absolute shock. "Oh my god, oh my god! Hyukjae, what- what- what are you doing here?!" the younger man splattered. 

"I live here, you idiot!" Hyukjae rebuked, trying to hide the shock and embarrassment from being caught like this. "And it's hyukjae-shii."

Donghae rolled his eyes, "Of course, you live here, Hyukjae-shii." the younger male said, emphasizing on the address of the other man's name. "What I meant was what were you doing standing against the door!?"

Hyukjae searched for an answer but could come up with nothing. "Were you checking if I slept okay? Was that how the door banged closed?" Donghae interrupted.

Hyukjae stared at the younger man's face and he could feel blood rushing to his face as Donghae actually looked happy and touched. "I- No, I was- clothes, this!" Hyukjae gestured at the clothes in his arm. "Me- Work- You know- I- Um- Shower!" Hyukjae burst as he quickly went in his room and locked the door, unable to face the other man anymore. "!" he silently cursed, realising what a complete fool he just turned into. He heard donghae giggle and covered his face in embarrassment. 

"You don't have to be shy! I'll make breakfast!" Donghae joyfully remarked as the older man hear him whistle away from the door.

Hyukjae walked a few steps before jumping into the bed, face first into the pillow as he wished for the ground to open up and swallow him whole. A few minutes after mentally torturing himself, Hyukjae took a whiff of the scent against the pillow. The pleasant smell made him feel at ease, and hyukjae unconciously closed his eyes only to snap them open a few minutes later when he realise that it was donghae's scent on the pillow. Rolling around the bed in agony, Hyukjae half-wished that he hadnt brought the other man home- only day two and donghae was making him feel- feel all sorts of things. Hyukjae sat up straight in his bed, staring at his own reflection from the mirror infront of his bed. 

"I, Lee Hyukjae, am not in love." he firmly stated, and repeated like a mantra in his head. There were butterflies in his stomach and Hyukjae is on a mission to murder those butterflies. Lee Hyukjae is not in love.

 

 

 

--------------------------------

I haven't type a fic in a while- and I tend to get lazy halfway ((obvious here hehe)) but I'm not sure if I'm too long-winded or is this pace okay? Drop your feedbacks in the comment box and please let me know! Thank you //insert heart//

P.S: i was going give a heart but i dont know how to on my macbook. anyway, comment away please and of course, criticism is definitely okay! ^^