The Beginning

Immortal

- Do Kyungsoo -

After Luhan hyung's problem was solved, I cooked their breakfast and ate as well. Soon, I decided to leave and head to my mom's company.

Well, she's not technically my mom. She's actually my aunt. She just insists me on calling her my mom because she's concerned that the staff would notice that she's not really my mom. (?)

Before dad passed away, he mentioned not to fall in love with mortal beings. Immortals should only stay with immortal others. I don't really know why, though. 

There are so many questions in my head; like how did father die? Why aunt Yoohae insists on being called my mom? And why can't we be romantically involved with humans?

"Sorry," 

Suddenly, I bumped into someone. And it was the owl mascot. The apology came out from a feminine voice, so I figured to just not say a word and walk away.

That should've been the right thing to do, seeing as we immortals just needed to avoid getting involved with our opposites. Just don't interact with them at all, cause I'm afraid to fall in love.

I just ignored her and continued to walk, heading to my car. I got in and immediately started the engine, driving off to the company.

As I drove, my phone suddenly rang. It was aunt.

"Yeoboseyo? Aunt?" 

In the other end of a line answered a woman's voice, "How many times have I told you to call me your mom? Umma, Mommy, Mama, Mother or whatsoever that won't loose its mother touch to it?"

Oh yeah, I forgot. I should call her mom. But I just felt uncomfortable. It was okay, but sometimes I feel like it's kinda creepy or greedy(?). I mean I love aunt Yoohae. She's been taking care of me ever since my parents died. She's always been there for me, making me laugh at times even when she's mostly strict and greedy.

"Arasseo, umma. Why did you call?"

She scoffed, "You're asking why I called you? Because you're late, you bastard! You better be here by 10 minutes or else!" she yelled.

Ow, that was loud. That hurt my ear really bad. "Or else?" I snorted, "Or else what, umma?" my question had a touch of playfulness when it escaped my mouth. I laughed, knowing that she was just kidding. But, even when the company was far away, I don't think I can be there by 10 minutes. The traffic here was hectic, even so early in the morning. Maybe there was an accident?

- Song Sunghae -

I can't believe that guy! I already apologized and he didn't even say anything back? Well, I should be used to it knowing his reputation but still, he got to my nerves. I'm actually an impatient person, sorta.

"Sunghae!" 

Oh it's the witch. I almost forgot, so I ran towards her and asked where to put the bags.

She told me to settle them down nearby as she sat comfortably while reading a magazine. On the front page was EXO. Oh, have I mentioned that they weren't only popular in our school, but everywhere too? They were models for Do Kyungsoo's company. The magazine was called D.O magazine, it was really a famous company.

Oh and the others also either owned a company or hospitals. In short, everyone in my school were super rich, especially EXO - the super duper hot and rich guys of our school.

Although the school was for rich people only, I got in. I wasn't as rich as them, I didn't have that much money. However, lucky me got a scholarship! I mean, they should at least get someone who has the brains and not only the money.

"Am I done here?" I asked after settling the bags down. But when I looked up, the witch had the evil smirk that I hate so much.

I rolled my eyes, knowing that was my cue to leave. I went in the back to change into my uniform and leave. Before doing so, I big goodbye to the others and my boss.

"Bye, Mr. Tee. Bye, everyone else!"

As soon as I stepped out of the cafe, I started walking to school. As I was walking, there was a car accident that had happened, creating a heavy traffic jam and a big crowd.

Being a curious person, I approached the crowd and turned to a girl, "Excuse me. What happened here?"

"There was a car accident," she said simply.

I mentally facepalmed. Yes, I can see that. "Well, did anyone die?"

The girl looked at me, "No," she turned to point, "Just that hurt girl dressed in white by the car. It seemed like the paramedics insisted her to go to the hospital but she seemed to refuse so,"

Well that's weird. Considering by the huge car accident, you'd think there would be a serious injury. She only had scars around her that... started to... heal by themselves? What the hell? That had shocked me however I was also scared and confused. How can she do that?

After some time, I went back to reality when a bright light passed my eyes. I squinted my eyes so I can't get seriously blind. Finding the source of the light and moving my head, I saw it belonged to a red car. It was insanely familiar. Wait, was it Kyungsoo's?

- Do Kyungsoo -

When I finally caught a glimpse of the accident, I saw a familiar-looking girl dressed in white. Was that Jaebin? It was. Knowing I can't move my car by the heavy traffic, I left my car and headed towards Jaebin.

I didn't worry too much since I know she'll be fine. Afterall, Jaebin was also immortal. Jaebin is my childhood friend. She stayed in Canada for  year as a vacation. And after coming here, she's already caused an accident. Hah, what a rotten brat.

Soon, she had noticed my presence and smiled happily. Genuinely, I returned the smile. Leaving all the commotion, she ran towards me and hugged me.

"Why are you here?" I asked Jaebin, who was now currently sitting in my car's passenger seat, her clothes full of blood. 

"Why? Not happy to see me?" She asked cheekily. 

I raised a brow, "No. I'm just shocked. You're suddenly here after a year and you didn't even bother to call?"

Jaebin smiled, "Sorry. Should've known you'd miss me," she winked playfully. 

I chuckled and soon we had engaged to talking about friends and other stuff when my phone then rang. Oh . I forgot about mom! She's gonna kill me so bad. I started the engine and picked up the phone, I realized the traffic was dispersing bit by bit. "Hello, umma?"

"Do Kyungsoo, where the hell are you?!" She yelled, I felt like smoke was coming out of her nose like a bull. 

"Uhm, I'm nearly there, umma. I just saw Jaebin,"

Suddenly, there was a long pause and my mom's voice lowered down when she spoke again, "Lim Jaebin?" I don't know why but everytime Jaebin is brought up into the subject, Mom always lowers her voice and acts more serious than she already is. "She's back?"

"Yeah. Why suddenly so serious?" I answered back. 

"Nothing, dear. Just hurry," she said before hanging up. 

"Your mom?" She grinned at me. 

"Yeah. She seems shocked to hear you're back,"

Jaebin huffed and sat back on the passenger's seat, "I don't get why your mom is so angry with me," she seemed so irritated with mom too. 

"She's not angry. Just moody," I defended in my calmest voice possible. 

She scoffed, crossing her arms against her chest stubbornly, "Moody?" It seemed like she was going to say more but didn't. Instead, she pointed to a direction, "Oh turn here. My apartment's just right there,"

I obeyed and soon we arrived, "Guess this is goodbye, eh?" 

Jaebin brow twitched as she rolled her eyes and got of the car. She looked back with a cheeky grin, "Don't act melodramatic now. I'll see you soon somehow, somewhere," she shot me her last wink before waving and running inside her apartment. 

---

"Where's Jaebin?" Was my mom's greeting as soon as I stepped in her office. 

"I dropped her off at her apartment. Do you have anything against her?" I asked. 

Mom suddenly smiled, "Of course not, son," she approached me and gave me a tight hug and a loving smile. 

I nodded back. Now I'm not exactly sure if she's really angry or just plain moody. 

"Anyways, I have news,"

I sat down in one of the lounge chairs in the office and sat back to relax, waiting for her to continue. 

Mom settled her coffee mug on her desk and turned to me, "You're late and you know the consequences,"

My eyes slightly widened, "What? You're serious? Oh no. It's a joke again. Haha. Nice one, mom. You got me there," I stared at her to get a laugh out of it, hoping she was. But no sound of laughter came out of her and that's when my smile dropped. "You're not joking,"

"There's a big investor coming soon from New York and he's arranged something for our company," she started, and me slouching in the chair. "He says he'll invest with us in one condition," she paused, stopped walking back and forth and looked straight at me, "You'll be marrying his daughter,"

That got me nearly choking on my saliva, "What? You're joking this time, right?" I had hope in my eyes. "Okay if this is my punishment of being late, then I promise I'll be as early as possible next time. This won't happen again, aunt-"

"Mom," she corrected. 

"Mom," I rephrased, "You know what father said about falling in love with mortals. Unless the daughter is immortal too, right?" But even so, I wouldn't agree to getting married to a stranger. I was already in love with someone else. 

"Son," she started, looking down at me, "This isn't just a punishment. This is a big decision and you just have to go with it. Besides, it's not like you'll fall for her, right? You're better than that,"

She's right. Someone else is already in my heart and no one else is going to replace her. 

"And you're immortal. You have plenty of years to go. It's just for more than 50 years. Do not live your life with the title NGSB,"

I furrowed my brows in confusion, "NGSB?"

Mom's brow twitched in amusement, "You're younger than me yet you don't know what it means? It means No Girlfriend Since Birth. Keep up,"

I sat quietly, nodding at the explanation.

"Oh and Mr. Kang (the investor) is still looking for his daughter, he'll start looking here. She's been lost for 16 years, since birth," I'm surprised how she's so serious and nonchalant of everything. She can't even pull a sad face for what she just said. 

I frowned. That story was unfortunate. Poor girl. 

And right. What if the father ends up not finding her at all? I mean it's fine if she gets found (a relief, of course) but either way, I won't end up loving her. The only important thing is the investment. It's a big shot for the company. And being the only heir of the company, I should think of what's right for it.

"So you're in?" she looked at me.

I nodded to tell her that I am. Besides, I should've known better than to convince her this was a bad idea. Mom always gets what she wants. She's so stubborn.