Prologue

Immortal

July 26th

-Do Kyungsoo-

When I woke up, I thought it would be a normal day to go and work at the comany and go to school , but soon I realized it probably wouldn't be. While cooking breakfast, an image of a girl suddenly came to mind, not knowing if she exists or not. It made me curious, who was that girl? How is it that I have thought of her in the middle of doing nothing special and at the note that I'm not even sure if I have seen her face or whatnot?

Suddenly my phone rang and that pushed me out back to reality. I picked it up and said, "Yeoboseyo?" I realized it was one of my friends, "What do you need now, hyung?"

"Yah, Kyungsoo. Where are you? I have a problem! It's burning!"

What? "Huh? What happened, hyung?" It worries me when something happens to my friends, but really, what the hell is happening?

"Kyungsoo, help me! It's burning! Ooh the fire!" What did he just say? FIRE?!

"Luhan hyung, gwenchana?"

"Yeah! Just help me here,"

"Okay I'm coming. Just wait," I ran as fast as I can and headed to my red car. I got in and drove away, heading to Luhan's dorm. While I was driving, I saw a funny owl costume with its big eyes like mine. It gives a little good vibe. Oh, I remembered Luhan hyung's dorm is just near. You just need to cross the street, so I parked my car at the coffee shop beside a pink car where the owl mascot is working at.

By the time I got off my car, I hurried and ran towards Luhan hyung's place. I knocked at the door. I know I heard him screaming fire but there was so signs of burning and smoke.

When the door opened, I hurried in and asked him, "What happened? There's no problem here,"

"There is. The ramen is burning, thus causing a fire," Luhan hyung pouted cutely.

My brows furrowed, "Where?" We went into the kitchen and gosh, there is! But it's not that serious.

"Just throw water in the stove so that the fire won't go bigger," Luhan hyung did exactly what I had instructed.

"That's so simple, hyung. You just needed water," I got so worried. I thought it was big but it was just little as the pan where the ramen was being cooked.

"Yah! It's not my fault. It's Yifan's," He said. Oh now he's blaming Kris hyung.

"What me?" a voice proclaimed, "I'm just watching TV then you blame me?" I turned my head to see Kris hyung enter the kitchen, sparing us an unamused look.

"Can you please be quiet? Some of us are still trying to sleep here!" What? Who was that? It sounded like-

"Sehun-ah, if you want to sleep, why don't you go to our room and not sleep on the sofa?" Luhan hyung suggested with a sarcastic smile. Oh Sehun, he always feels sleepy. 

A scoff was heard from behind, "Even in the room, your annoying noises can still be heard," It was Tao. I figured he had just finished his 'beauty' sleep.

While closing his room's door, he was rubbing his eyes, walking towards Kris hyung who had converted on the other sofa. Tao approached him and laid his head on his lap, going back to his sweet slumber.

 

-Song Sunghae-

It was just a normal day for me to go to school and work. Yes work, which right now I am in. I needed work; I'm not that typical 16-year-old girl who just goes to school everyday. I needed work because of financial problems. Speaking of financial problems, who owns this red, shiny car? I think that she or he doesn't even have financial problems; this person was so lucky.

"Sunghae!" someone yelled, getting me out of thinking about the car, "Where are you?" Ugh. It's the witch. She's so going to kill me.

I turned around, holding up my hands as if to ask, "What is it, Minrin?"

Minrin is my boss - or most appropriately, the daughter of my boss. She trudged outside, standing in front of me, "Owl costume?" she snorted, "It's annoying,"

Argh. What's annoying is you, witch! I removed the owl costume's head, exposing my face.

Minrin raised a brow, "No, I change my mind, put it back on. I don't want to see your face, it's ugly," she said, adding a smirk to her face. That threw me off guard. UGLY?! Is she serious? Well, her nose is the worst; it's hideous and gigantic! It could get in the world's records as the world's biggest and ugliest nose! ARGH!

"Ah Sunghae, get my things in the car," she ordered, throwing me a pair of keys that I caught swiftly, "And if something is missing, I'll blame you!" She then smiled ever-so-evilly at me. Oh how I hate this witch.

With the owl's head squished under my arm, I quirked a brow on her demand, "As far as I know, I applied as an employee in this cafe and not as your servant," I know talking back to your boss's daughter was probably one of the worst things you could do but it wasn't fair in my part as a person.

"Ahh, you witch. You're working under me because this is my cafe," she emphasized, staring at her face makes me want to grab it and dig my nails into her pink rosy cheeks. GAH!

"Correction, your father's cafe," I replied. Don't claim it's yours, Minrin.

"Soon it will be mine," she declared like an evil princess she is. Well, if that's going to happen, I will be preparing my resignation papers because I don't want her as my boss. And this cafe would probably be bankrupt or burnt down before the day she'd be declared as the new owner. "

Yah," she snapped her fingers at me, "Aren't you forgetting something? Oh yeah, my things?" Oh right, I forgot. I put the owl head back on and went to the car. I jogged towards the pink car that was parked right next to the reddish car I've been eyeing awhile ago.

The scarlett-colored car was so much better than Minrin's, seeing as it's full of pink. Like a blonde, fairy princess with shiny nail polish had just thrown up on it. Ugh, I don't like pink. No, I HATE pink. It just puts my eyes on great pain.

I sighed, opening the trunk of her car with much difficulty as I still have owl wings. As soon as the trunk opened, I gaped. There were so many shopping bags! How am I supposed to carry all this with my bird wings? Ugh, this witch makes my life so miserable.

The time I got the shopping bags all slid on my wings (which also took so long, annoyingly), I turned around to walk back to the cafe but I suddenly bumped into something, or rather someone - since I think I bumped into his/her arm - and we had the same height. I almost dropped some shopping bags but luckily caught them in place. The costume didn't give much eye space but I clearly saw who it was.

Do Kyungsoo, one of the heartthrobs in our school. 'One of the heartthrobs' because he was in a flower boy group with all the most attractive guys in the campus. The group was called - I'm not sure but I think it was EXO? It was a weird name for a high school boy group but also very cool, and chic? Eh. I apologized for bumping into him but he didn't even mutter a word. That was rude but I guess I should have known seeing as he's as cold as his co-members.

It was weird. Their group was weird. Because unlike other heartthrobs who are surrounded by girls they hit on and flirt with, EXO is totally opposite. They are cold towards the girls who like them and apparently, those girls find that charming and attractive. I mean, seriously? They act so mean and doesn't even acknowledge a girl's presence when she flirts with them or gives them presents - they just walk away. However, when they're together, they act so different. You can see them smile, laugh and be who they really are. They're angels and good buddies when inside the group. The group has 12 members; Kai, Tao, Sehun, Luhan, Lay, Kris, Suho, Baekhyun, Chanyeol, Chen, Xiumin, and of course, him - Kyungsoo. I don't really understand why they hate girls. Are they allergic to girls? Or... maybe they're gay? I've been thinking that lately. It's just weird. So weird.