Revelations

28 Steps

 

“Aww, baby Minji got her first kiss,” Dara teased while poking her cheek.

“And it was such a good kiss!” Minji mused. “And I have been kissed plenty of other

times before thank you very much.” Minji sighed and rested her head on Dara’s shoulder.

“That Jin guy kissed you with his toothless mouth?”

“You and Bom can shut up.”

They were sitting on the couch at Kris and Chaerin’s two year anniversary party. Minji didn’t understand why they needed a party, but she came, and Kai was at work, so she brought Dara along as a date.  They were discussing Dara’s latest adventure in California where she met some guy who let her ride a dolphin for free.

“Hey, who’s that guy with the big eyes who keeps staring at me?” Dara pointed her thumb in the direction of Chanyeol who was looking intensely at his drink. “Every time I look directly at him, he looks away.”

When Dara turned back around to Minji, Chanyeol began staring at her again.

“Also, doesn’t Kris look familiar,” Dara wondered. “Like, did we used to know him?”

“No,” Minji said bluntly.

Chaerin walked towards them and sat down next Minji. “You know, I like inviting people to parties, but Kris has lost his mind.

She was right. Minji noticed that there were about a thousand times more people at the party than usual.

“I don’t know why Kris felt the need to invite everyone either of us has ever looked at.” Chaerin looked at her empty glass. “He’s up to something.” Chaerin left as quickly as she came to go investigate Kris’s mysterious actions. Minji laughed at her absurdity.

Dara’s eyebrows were furrowed together as she downed the last of her soju. “Maybe he knows my brother. I should ask,” Dara said, standing up.

Minji pulled her back on the couch. “You do not know him.”

“Everyone,” Kris shouted among the clamor in the room. Everyone in the room quieted down and looked at him. Kris grabbed Chaerin from the crowd and held her hand. “I would like to thank all of you for coming to our party, and I would like to give a speech.”

Everyone in the room clapped and cheered him on. Minji took a shot to prepare her for the sappiness of this.

“Baby,” Kris held her face in one of his hands and looked lovingly in Chaerin’s eyes, “when I met you at Target, I thought you were so beautiful.”

“How romantic,” Dara whispered sarcastically. Minji held in her laugh.

“And when I followed you to McDonald’s and spoke to you, I knew that I needed you then.”

“What the hell is this?” Dara mumbled.

“I told you they were weird,” Minji said.

“You mean everything to me; every day is a good day because of you. I want and I need to spend the rest of my life with you.” Kris got down on one knee and pulled out a ring from his pocket. Everyone in the room collectively gasped. “Lee Chaerin, will you marry me?”

Chaerin covered with her hands and began to cry. She shook her head furiously and yelled out yes. Everyone in the room clapped and howled for them.

Minji stood with open looking at Chaerin and Kris kiss each other. “Oh my god they’re getting married. What if they have babies?”

“Yifan,” Dara muttered. She stared forward, looking in no particular direction.

“What’d you say?” Minji asked.

“Wu Yifan.” Dara said looking intensely at Minji. She grabbed Minji’s hand and dragged her to the bathroom and closed the door. “You slept with Kris.”

“I did not,” Minji denied, wringing her hands.

“You did. He was the guy you slept with at Thunder’s party. In my bed.” Dara folded her arms across her chest and gave a satisfied smile. She looked as if she just solved a mystery.

The accused woman moaned and placed her head into her hands. “I did.”

Dara sat on the toilet. “You slept with Kris, and now Chaerin’s marrying him. You guys are an unusual set of best friends.”

“I was in high school, I was young, and Kris was different and interesting. He was from another school, and guys from other schools are always cooler than guys from your school.”

Minji sighed. “How do you even remember this?”

“How could I forget? Going out of my way to get a bunch of underage brats alcohol, and then coming home to hear, ‘Oh Minzy, you’re such a bad girl.’”

Minji laughed. “I’m sorry.”

Dara shrugged her shoulders. “I burned those sheets, got new ones. So what does Chaerin think about this.”

“She doesn’t know.”

“How does she not know? Wasn’t she at the party?”

“She doesn’t remember him. She was too busy having a rap battle with that guy Jiyong to notice that I was gone. I never told her that I slept with anyone at that party.”

“Why?”

“I don’t know why. I just wanted to forget about it.”

Dara nodded her head. “Was it bad?”

Minji sighed. “It was awkward. His hands were so big and they were everywhere at once. And he kept saying, ‘Minzy, I’ll take you to the galaxy,’ and, “Minzy, you’re about to see the galaxy.’ He just kept mentioning the galaxy and it was so creepy. I made people stop calling me Minzy after that too.  Then he started dating Chaerin and we agreed that it was best to not tell her about our past.” Minji took a breath. “Sleeping with Kris is probably the biggest mistake of my life. It’s so horrible seeing him all the time. It’s partially the reason I moved out.”

Dara stood up and hugged Minji. “It’s okay, we all make mistakes. I shouldn’t have taken that offer for a free ride with a dolphin. That dolphin was mean.”

The two walked hand in hand out of the bathroom and went to congratulate Chaerin and Kris. What Minji didn’t tell her was that she slept with Kris six other times after the party. Some things are better left unsaid.

 

 

 


A/N: FILLER CHAPTER, FILLER CHAPTER, FILLER CHAPTER! I still hope you guys like this one because I had fun writing it! Anyway, we're in the homestretch; I've only got about two more chapters before I wrap this thing up (I applaud authors who write stories with 50 chapters.) The problem with that is I actually have to write the chapters and final exams start soon and I should probably study for those, BUT I only have one more week and two days left of school, so I have to stay strong.

ANYINGWAY, did y'all hear exo's new album??? I cannot confirm or deny whether or not Love, Love, Love is my new favorite exo song or not. What is Love has been the reigning champ for like two years, but then I heard Love, Love, Love and it just made me question every decision I've made in life so far. I gotta sit down and make a compare/contrast, pro/con list, venn diagram, whatever to figure out which is my favorite song. I'll be back with the results soon.