Moneybags

28 Steps

“I tricked you so good,” Chaerin said, handing her a drink. "I should've taken a picture of your face."

They were sitting in the living room of the penthouse on the mod chic couch made out of baby soft alpaca hair. Modern art lined the walls and a 108" TV descended from the ceiling showing various pictures of Minji and Kai in their youth.

"Who is the guy who lives here?" Minji asked, looking around at the apartment.

Chaerin took a sip of her drink. "I forgot his name, something with a J, or maybe an S. Anyway, I just gave Kris the baby pictures and Bom and I are your only friends, so I just called her. Kris did everything else."

"This guy is rich!" Bom said running towards them. She plopped herself next to Minji. "I went to wash my hands in the bathroom, and the sink talked to me. It asked me my name, then made me take a personality quiz, and then created a personalized soap for me based on the results. It smells like lavender, lemon, and money."

She extended her hands to Minji and Chaerin. It did smell like Bom.

"Where the hell is he? I need to thank him for this party," Minji asked. “I feel bad about some rich man throwing me a party without even knowing me.”

Chaerin shrugged their shoulders. "He was there during the surprise. Don't know what happened to him."

Bom and Chaerin left Minji to play with the automatic drink maker while Minji laid her head done on the pillow to rest her eyes. Who knew alpaca was so soft?

She opened her eyes to the skylight. She could see the stars outside twinkling. For the first time in weeks, Minji felt lighter than air. As if all her worries were as minute as a single grain of sand.

"For you, madam," An old man handed her a drink. This dude was so rich, he had an English butler.

"From the gentleman of the house." The butler pointed to a young man sitting behind the bar. He winked at Minji from behind his glass.

Minji blushed and nodded her head in acknowledgement. She didn't think the owner would be so young or so handsome. He began to walk towards her in a bubbly saunter. Minji looked down at her glass and ran her index finger around the rim and pretended that his presence didn’t faze her.

“So you must be the birthday girl?”

“Yes, and thank you for throwing this party for Kai and I. That was very kind of you even though you don’t even know me.”

The man took a sip of his drink and sighed at the burn of the alcohol. “A friend of a friend is a friend of mine.”

Minji smiled at him.

“I’m sorry for being so rude. My name is Joonmyun, but most people call me Suho.”


 

A/N: Hello everyone! Sorry it's so short. I am in the process of revising the next couple of chapters, and I'm not ready to publish them yet, but I felt like it's been too long since the last one, so I posted this even though it's kind of terrible. Also, I've said this before, but thank you for all the nice comments. It makes me feel better about myself and my ty writing, so thanks guys!