chapter five

If It Weren't For Ice Cream II

The boys started to freak out just as Kai's phone loudly vibrated. 

"A text from Suho!" He announced.

"Quiet!" Kris roared and we patiently waited for Kai to read the text. I inwardly grinned. Who knew these boys were so close? It was cute.

"I'm coming to the bubble tea shop near the carousel. I know you want some Sehun ;) I'll explain what took me so long. - Suho." Kai read.

"Yay!! Suho's going to buy me bubble tea!" Sehun smiled.

"Was that the only thing you got out of the text?" Luhan looked at Sehun with a -.- face. Hunhan was always been so adorable.

"Yeah," Sehun nodded cheerfully. 

"Let's go then!" Chanyeol used his long legs to run to the shop.

"Wait!!" Baekhyun tried to catch up but couldn't.

Laughing and joking, we entered the bubble tea shop and chose a table big enough to fit us. Luhan ruffled my hair, "I'll pay for yours." He got up to leave but I grabbed him and frowned.

"No it's my turn," I protested. Luhan saw that he couldn't change my mind and sat down resigned. 

"Good boy. What flavor do you want?" I grabbed my wallet.

"Taro is fine," Luhan thanked me and I bought myself a strawberry slush, Luhan's bubble tea and Minyoung's curly fries. Kai had begged me to buy it for him as well, so I ended up buying him popcorn chicken. When the orders came, I skipped to the table. Suho was in line, memorizing the orders the boys had given him. Finally, we were all settled down and eating. And what came with eating? Bickering.

"Before I got to the bathrooms, I saw this little girl. She stood there alone, clutching a red balloon. I asked her who she was waiting for and she told me her dad. I stood with her for a while to make sure that she wouldn't get hurt, but a long while past by and I told her I was going to look for her father for her. And I went to the bathroom and when I got in, I saw an old woman putting on her mascara. She screamed and pointed at me. I backed out slowly, embarassed. Outside, I saw the sign and it was really faded but I made out the words 'girls'. I've never been so embarassed in my life. And then the father came from the otherside and he thanked me for helping and apologized for being so late because there wasn't any toilet paper. Then I went to the restroom, making sure it was the mens." Suho winced at the memory.

"Ahahahha you went into the ahahahha," Chanyeol couldn't finish his sentence. Chen fell off the chair all of a sudden. I started laughing because of their reactions. Luhan besides me was shaking. Our table was loud and filled with laughter. People were starting to stare.

"Calm down," Kris tried to put on a poker face but he ended up laughing just as hard. After well calmed down and finished our food, we bid Sehun goodbye and began to leave.

"I had fun," Sehun owed as a thanks to us.

"Us to," we hugged him. Luhan wanted to walk me home, but Minyoung had her driver drive us.

"See you tomorrow at the party," I whispered as he hugged me gently. 

"See you."

~~~

"Guh I hate this," I muttered as I yanked the tape off. Again, the sides were uneven. For the upteenth time, I sighed. Making sure the red paper was still good looking, I took another piece of tape, carefully measured it and taped it on. 

"YAS!" I cheered. Wrapping gifts up are harder than diamond. I always hated it.. when my father was still innocent, he helped me with this task. But it had to be done. I wrapped my gift and the gift that Luhan andI got for him together. He insisted on wrapping his own. Relieved, I put the present next to my bed and glanced at the clock. Gaping, I grabbed a small turquoise satchel backpack with flowers on it. It was late, already 1:15 a.m.

1552965.jpg?1395972649

I threw in some swim wear, a change of clothes, a card, my wallet and some snacks. I couldn't help but be really excited for the pool party Sehun was hosting. Thinking positively, I drifted of into a peaceful slumber.

 

The next day, Minyoung and I arrived at the party. There were already loud sounds. Music blasted as we walked in. Although it was April, it was so hot. The sun was beating down on us. I was glad I wore a turquiose dress with buttons and a brown belt.matching my satchel.  

K02706_070_S.JPG

 

"I'm going to say happy birthday!" Minyoung squealed and ran up to Sehun. She handed him the present and said some words. Around me were some people I barely recognized from the school.

"Happy birthday!" I screamed over to noise to Sehun. He thanked me, took the presents and set it in the growing pile.

"Have fun!" He cheered as Luhan came in. Luhan did his birthday things and came to join me.

"You look pretty," he smiled and brushed a strand of my hair back.

"Thanks. You too." He gave me an amused look, "Me pretty? No! I'm manly!" 

"I meant manly and handsome," I stammered. Luhan smirked, "Wait till I'm in my swimming trunk." I whacked him on the head and he rubbed it. 

"Don't be a ," I rubbed his head apologetically.

"I won't." Luhan promised.

"Alright." I really really really loved Luhan. He sacrificed so much to be with me and one day, I hope I can repay that.

"We've got a whole day at this party with a pool. Let's go have some fun shall we?" He intertwined our hands and we walked to the edge of the pool, dipping our feet in while we sat in comfortable silence.

Let the partying begin.

 

 

A/N- Sehun's bday~ and you know who's is after that (; Double update coming up soon. Next chapter is full of partying. The drama will soon start up.