chapter six

If It Weren't For Ice Cream II

I shrugged off my dress in the bathroom. Luhan insisted that we go swimming and I half heartedly agreed.

"Whoa..." Luhan stared at me for a while.

"Yah! Let's go already!" I cannon balled into the pool, creating a huge splash. I was acting totally unfangirly on the outside but I really was spazzing over Luhan's chiseled abs. 

"WAAAHOOO!" He jumped in and landed a few feet away. The pool was not to filled with people yet. It was around 5 feet tall so I could stand. Luhan walked over.

"Let's race!" He had a childish grin on. I smirked, "Champion swimmer."

"I'll still beat you~" Luhan scoffed. I raised an eyebrow, "Ready, Set, GO!" I sprung forward and started doing the stroke. It was the one I was good at. Luhan was neck to neck with me. I willed myself to go faster. I really wanted to win. It was in my genes, competitiveness. A couple seconds later, I saw that Luhan was in front of me. Glide! I caught up with him in one .

"Not... so.. fast..." I muttered in between breaths.

"I'mgoingtobeatyou!" He quickly screamed in one breath before emerging at the other side. A second to late. 

"Goodjob!" He complimented me otherwise, "I haven't had such a close competition since... a couple years ago."

"Yeah," my mind churned mischievously. A devious smirk appeared on my face. While Luhan was celebrating his victory, I splashed him full in the face. His sparkly deer eyes blinked before he lunged for me. Screaming, I paddled away. He kept chasing me though, and since he had better stamina, he caught up in no time.

"Please!" I begged for mercy. Both of us were laughing. Six splashes were heard; others had came finally. Minyoung better save me.

"Nah," he bought me close and kissed the tip of my nose gently. I blushed a tiny bit. A wide grin spread on both of our faces. 

"LOVEBIRDS!" Chanyeol swept a wave of water, soaking both me and Luhan.

"Wahhh!" Luhan emitted a high pitched shriek. Chanyeol and Baekhyun were beside themselves with laughter.

"We've been splashed as well. Let's get them!" Kai and Minyoung came to us. We chased the Baekyeol couple, splashing viciously. On accident, we splashed D.O, Suho, Lay and Xiumin. They were now part of the other team. 

On our good side though, Kris, Tao, Chen, and Sehun were victims of the other team as well, so we had a full on splash fight.

"Hey!" Xiumin pouted when I splashed him. I smiled and ran for my dear life. Not only were we having fun, but we were attracting attention from the others. Soon, basically everyone in the party (and there was actually way to much for my comfort) were involved. We no longer knew who was on our teams, so we ended up splashing everyone in sight. Sehun finally grew tired and he arose from the pool. 

"Let's barbeque," he announced and ran off. I hefted myself to the edge and grabbed a towel from my bag. Drying myself, I raked my eyes through the crowd looking for Luhan. When I found him, I quickly slipped into the dress and ran to him.

"That was fun," he pulled me close.

"Let's eat!" I dragged him with me

 

We all rushed towards the barbeque area. Already, a couple of the guys were flipping steaks. I took a hot dog and searched for a bun.

"Looking for this?" Luhan held the hot dog bun up high. I scowled at him and cursed my height.

"Yea," I smiled sweetly. Luhan didn't give in. I sighed, I was never a girl to do aegyo, but this was a lie or death matter. 

"Buing buing?" I made my eyes large and cute. Luhan blinked at me before giving me the bun and squishing my cheeks.

"AHHH SO ADORABLE!" Luhan loudly cooed. I put my hot dog in my mouth and looked at him with an 'are you serious' look.

"Food is good," I said in between bites.

"Yea, this is pretty tasty," Luhan agreed. Sehun plopped down next to Luhan. I smiled at them. They were true best friends and they looked so cute together.

"EEE!" I squealed. My HunHan feels. Sehun and Luhan both stared at me in shock.

"What?" I blinked innocently.

"DID YOU JUST SQUEAL!?!?" Sehun looked at me with shock. His mouth was wide open. I tore off a piece of my hotdog and stuffed it in his mouth.

"Yes," I curtly answered.

"You gave him food," Luhan pouted cutely. He was soooo cute when he looked a bit jealous.

"Here," I gave him a sip of my drink. Luhan sat back and smiled, sastified.

"I'm glad you guys could come. You guys gave me so much!" Sehun appreciatively bowed.

"Hey! Don't bow to me," I pulled his head up. I didn't like seeing a friend bow to another. It was kind of disturbing because it seemed like they were forced to do so.

"Ok." Sehun smiled, "I wish I could freeze time." I blinked and furrowed my brow. There was no way we could do that. Until....

"EVERYONE FREEZE!" Luhan bellowed so the crowd could hear him. They all looked at him curiously but did as they were told. The other ten boys ran up with Minyoung and they froze right in front of us. Luhan and I both froze as well. Sehun gasped and covered his mouth with his hands.

I noticed Sehun was rapidly blinking, trying to hold back tears. Everyone cheered and went back to what they were doing. The boys and us two girls unfroze and we had a huge group hug.

"I love you guys," Sehun was really teary eyed.

"Eew, cheesy," Chen scrunched his nose but we all knew that behind that he loved Sehun back like a brother.

"Forever friends," we cheered and held up our cups of drinks.