Friends

Sorry For Being Such An Inconvenience...


Mother and I had been walking around a large building, filled with many other people. Most of which seemed normal. Some would scream, and as I peeked into a few windows, some would be strapped to beds. That would surely help them sleep better, a great idea in my mind. 
Not all of the building was like that, though. As a matter of fact, the rest of the building I'd been seeing was full of colorful walls and nice rooms with people painting, dancing, and even playing board games.
After making it back to the front doors, the man the had been speaking to mother most of the time, stopped and turned around.
"I think Kibum will enjoy it here. Were known here for improving mental illness with our extensive options."
The man looked at me, showing a quick smile and then looking back at my mother.
"If you've made up your mind, we can go to my office and I'll have someone bring in the papers for further explanation." 
She nodded and looked at me as she spoke to the man,
"Is there somewhere he can sit while we discuss?" 
He pointed behind us. My head turned with his finger, seeing an area with two sofas and a television set. Many people were in there, playing games, painting, or just watching what the tv had to offer. I'd noticed it when we first walked by, but I'd paid no real attention to it.

"There will be fine. Who knows, he may even make a few friends." 

With that, Mother, who had already been holding my hand, walked me over to one of the sofas, allowing me to sit. No one was sitting on either sofa...

"Mommy will be back, okay?" 

She didn't wait for my answer. In seconds she was gone, and I was sitting by myself on the sofa. 

This is the place that's suppose to help me get better. It's seems smart, smarter than I could ever think of smart being. Mainly because I'm not very smart.. I have trouble sleeping, will they strap me down on a bed? Should I ask for them to do that? It could help me get better, right?

"Do you play checkers!?" A boy pounced on the sofa side next to me, his curly auburn hair bouncing as he did so.

I shook my head. "Uh-uh"

The boy bit his lip, looking away.

"I thought everyone played checkers." He mumbled to himself but loud enough that I heard it.

He switched to a happy mood, quickly. I wasn't sure what to think of it. He went from looking like my mother when she cried, to happy and smiling.

"What's your name?"

I don't like talking to people I don't know, because they don't understand my speaking problem and I might say the wrong thing to them.

"K-Ki..Ki b-"

"Key?" He spoke up before I could get the rest of it out. "How unusual..."

I don't think I'm the one being unusual, right now.

"I'm Taemin, I'm nineteen years old and I like steak." He spoke again but frowned when he saw I just stared at him. "You don't talk much do you.."

I really didn't speak..

"Well that's okay, Key. I still want to be your friend."

My eyes widened. 

He wanted to be my friend? I've never had a friend before! What do I do? I tried to think of the right thing to say..

"Y-Yes."

"Yes? You want to be friends?"

"Yes." I repeated.

Taemin made a high pitched sound, a sound I don't remember ever hearing. It looked like it was happy, but I couldn't tell.

"I'm sure your much nicer than Lulu. He's an to me.." 

The sides of my mouth began to curve upward. 

"Oh! A smile, a smile!" Taemin pointed to my face. "Key can smile!"

I smiled even more, letting out a small, soundless, giggle. The boy in front of me giggled as well, until out of nowhere, a shoe hit him in the face. He cupped his cheek, his bottom lip sticking out.

"Okay?" I asked placing a hand on his shoulder.

It was the quickest reaction I'd ever given to anything. Taemin ignored me, instead keeping his eyes glued on whoever was had thrown the shoe.

"YAH!" Taemin yelled

A blonde boy approached us wearing only one shoe, and laughing loudly at the poor Taemin.

I didn't understand. Why was he laughing at him? He's crying! That's sad, your not suppose to laugh at sadness. I've laughed at crying, but I can't help it, it's my condition. These people are normal. The blonde stopped laughing and let go of his sides.

"You two were laughing like I was just now. See how obnoxious it is?"

Surely we weren't laughing that loud, all I remembered was a small giggle.

"Says Lulu-Lunatic." Said Taemin sticking out his tongue.

'This is lulu?' I thought.

His tone began to change.

"Don't use my name in crazy words! I'll tell on you again!"

Taemin crossed his arms, closed his eyes and turned his head to the side, lifting it slightly

"And I'll tell them you threw a shoe at my beautiful face."

Lulu huffed, his eyes resting on me, realizing I was still on the sofa.

"What are you in for?" He asked
 
I blinked at him, unable to understand what he was asking. 

"That's rude! Don't just ask him!" Taemin snapped.

"I just wanted to know his sickness!" Lulu snapped back. 

They both speak so well, they don't have problems... It must be terrible that they have to deal my speaking skills.

"Your suppose to use the introduction Onew taught us!" Taemin hit his arm, but not in a way it would hurt him.

"Fine!" He said sitting on the sofa between Taemin and I. "I'm Luhan, I'm 22, ier than Taemin, and I like Kris" 

Taemin hit him again.

"Oh sorry, Krease."

Taemin sent him a glare, but stopped when his attention turned back to me.

"Usually his temper is better controlled, today looks like one of his aggravated days."

Tell me about it..

"So why are you in here?" He asked again

Taemin sent a look, but Luhan only shrugged.

"They are fix me." Was all I could say.

They both seemed to understand. Luhan sat up, placing a palm on his chest

"Speech..Yeah they'll fix you right up. They fixed Taemin.."

Taemin laid his head on Luhan's shoulder. 

"I saw my Mother murdered by my Father, it screwed me up a little...I'm not suppose to talk about it though." He said

Luhan giggled. "Your such a squish! I'll talk about mine, any day."

I assumed a squish is a jellyfish...so Taemin is a jellyfish, I believe.

"You hang around Krease to much.." The little auburn haired boy poked Lulu's nose."Go ahead scare poor Key, rebel."

So they were here? Like for fixing? And did Taemin say that his speech was fixed? I would have never guessed! This makes me want to stay even more!  Luhan placed an arm around Taemin's waist as he spoke.. 

"I have anger issues." He began, Taemin's head still resting on his shoulder.

I think that's a thing only lovers do. But it confused me, the both of them are men.

"It's not just any aggression Issue. I'm at the top of the scale..it's..very bad. I was born with it basically... A no-tolerance for anything. I was put here to learn to control it, and to push away little annoyances, like Taemin's Small, little giggles. It felt like he was laughing so loud..Although he wasn't..."

He was quiet for a minute after saying this, like he was in deep thought.

"I'm sorry Min.." He finally said "I didn't mean to hurt your face." 

"Kibum?" My mother placed a hand on my shoulder, the same man from before standing behind her. "I need to leave, is it okay if Mr. Lee talks to you?"

I looked at him then back to her and nodded. She turned to Mr. Lee, who smiled once again before sitting down next to me.

"I see you've met my favorites." 

I turned to see Taemin sleeping on Luhan, Luhan still thinking to himself. I nodded once again.

"Well, didn't I say you'd make friends?"

I couldn't help but smile at that.  He did say that, didn't he? Mr. Lee chuckled, adjusting his glasses.

"Why don't I put you into their room? Would you like that Kibum?"

"Y-Yes!" I said almost too quickly, a huge grin still plastered on my face.

"Good." He patted my shoulder "Luhan should be able to take you, when their ready. Right Lulu?"
When Luhan didn't answer, Taemin sat up, grabbed his ear and pulled it as if he'd never even went to sleep. Luhan yelped in pain.

"Ow, ow!! Onew you don't see this!" He yelled. 

Mr. Lee chuckled.

"What's he doing? Testing your limits? It's exactly what you need." 

Taemin let go, and kissed Luhan's ear.

"I'm sorry Hyung.." 

Luhan crossed his arms.

"Don't give me that Korean bull.."

Mr. Lee stood up, "I'll see you tomorrow then, anything you'd like to say to your mother before she leaves?"

I shook my head. 

There wasn't anything I wanted to say to her. My time here is going to be great, what else could I possibly have to say? Mother smiled and waved, I just watched. 

"Bye bum, I'll visit soon." 
 


Luhan held onto Taemin's legs as Taemin held onto his shoulders , Luhan supporting him with his back. I for one, had never seen anyone do that before. It was possibly the most bazar way I'd ever seen someone carry another, but still it felt like butterflies were flying in my chest. I had no objections to the two, it was easy to look at. 

"Kris isn't going to like him." Said Luhan 

Taemin lifted his head. "Who wouldn't love Key? He barely speaks."

I followed closely behind them as they continued to speak.

"Besides, Krease has a sweet spot for you, Lulu."

"Your right Min! But still, he favors you more...You damn baby." Luhan muttered.

"Just call him your cute little prince again.." Taemin said.

Luhan stopped abruptly and dropped Taemin on the floor, his fists clenched tightly. Taemin rubbed his now aching  bottom.

"That was one time!" He said nearly screaming.

Taemin giggled despite his tone. But I couldn't move. This was one of the many new feelings I'd been feeling today. I couldn't go a step closer to him, not if he were going to hurt me. I could feel myself slightly tremble.

"Oh calm down Lulu. I was kidding." The younger stood up, going to grab his arm.

Luhan pulled away agrily in an attempt to get away from him. 

"I'm going to go cool down." He said through his teeth, trying to take breaths to cool down.  "Go in without me."

Taemin gave him a smile, "Alright." 

With that Luhan stomped down the hall.

"It's alright, he always does that." Taemin put an arm over my shoulders "Now, let's meet Kris." 

He lead me to a door, '448' it read, but stopped before he could open it...

"Oh and I should warn you." He bit his lip. "Although Kris has never actually told us what's wrong with him... Lulu and I both think he's the most unstable out of all of us. One minute he's all nice and happy, and the next he wants to kill you. It's not so much, if you say something wrong...but more of what clicks in his head at the moment. We all have our own problems here, but Key, Don't underestimate him.... I learned the hard way."

Taemin brought a hand to his throat but took it away, as he snapped out of his thoughts. He didn't really seem like he had problems,  not at all like Lulu or what he'd described of Kris. I wasn't that bad..My emotions were bad, but I couldn't get angry nor the feeling felt. It wasn't what I did feel it was what I didn't..that's what I needed, apart from the past I didn't remember and my age being a seven year old instead of a 24 year old.

Taemin took a deep breath, as he pulled the door open. He nodded for me to go inside. As I did so, a sudden feeling if sickness washed over me.  Observing the room, I saw a man sitting by the window. He was painting on a large canvas, but seeing me he stopped, gently setting the paintbrush on the paint dish. 

"Min, who is this?" he asked

I let out the breath I'd been holding in. He didn't sound at all like the man Taemin had described him as earlier.

"This is Key.."

Kris smiled toward my direction.

"New roomie?" 

"Yeah." Taemin answered him for me. 

Kris looked  me up and down. My heart began to speed up, thinking he was about to have one of those mood snaps.

"Oh." He said simply before returning to his canvas. "Looks like you get the bottom bunk." 

My eyes drifted to the bunk beds on the left side of the room, then to the ones to the right. 

"My name is Kris," He said. "I'm 22 and I love my family."

That was one of the most normal introductions I've heard all day.

"Where's my little deer?" He asked, still painting away.

"Lulu kind of lost his temper in the hall, he'll be back after he calms down." It was obvious Taemin had been trying to avoid looking at him. He hadn't looked up this whole time.

Kris nodded. "He always loses his temper..I truly feel bad for him. We can't all be in here for fun.."

I just stood there watching him paint, Taemin going to sit down In a nearby chair.

"I wish the poor guy could get over it. I did years ago and I'm just fine, right Tae?"

Taemin shook his head in agreement. "Yes Hyung, I remember."

Kris's smile slowly faded as he spoke again.

"They'll let me out soon...because I'm perfectly fine..and people who are fine don't belong in a therapeutic institution.."


A/N:

I hope your liking the characters so far or the story at all really. 

Personally, the relationship between Taemin and Luhan is just the cutest thing ever.

and so far their only friends. Haven't really decided if I want this to be romantic or not.

but anyhow, have a nice day.