The Last Straw

Sorry For Being Such An Inconvenience...

Continued:


 

 

"You can be there?" I asked.

 She nodded.

"Oh yes Bummie. Mommy can visit you all the time."

I smiled satisfied with her answer..

Smiles mean happiness. That was an emotion in which I remembered from rehabilitation, along with anger. I can't really remember anything else, unfortunately.

"When I go special place?" 

Mom pulled into the driveway and stopped the car, turning to face me. 
"How about this week? I'll make plans and everything." She said

I nodded, a happiness twitching at my cheeks.

"We go!!" 

Mom clicked off my seat belt allowing me to sprint from the now open passenger door.

We were home! My favorite place in the entire world. The inly place I could make sense of things.I opened the front door, skipping clumsily down the halls; twirling and dancing around the large empty house. In all my excitement, my hand smacked a nearby vase sending it crashing to the hardwood floor. 

"Oops." I cupped a hand to cover my mouth, beginning to pace back and fourth. "Oh no...Oh no."

I ran my hands through my hair.

This vase was grandmothers, I remember mothers constant telling me that. It was important to her. She said that when something is important it means that, that possession means a lot to you; similar to how she felt to me, as that's what she said I felt for her.. Still importance wasn't in any way familiar to me, which was a bad thing because I didn't really feel wrong for it...or how it would effect me. Just knowing mom would be angry with me for breaking it made me feel a sting in my heart.

Catching sight of the now un restorable vase, she dropped to the floor next to the mess.

"KIBUM!  WHAT HAVE YOU DONE!" She yelled picking up the pieces then throwing them back to the floor. "Go to your room, Kibum! This is the most important thing I've ever possessed! You broke it! You broke my only meaningful possession!"

I always mess things up, but this time I felt my stomach twist. This was something I truly did register as bad. 

Although, I can't remember my grandmother I can't help but feel that she was important to me before my accident.  

"Kibum is Sorry, Mommy." 
 
I knelt down by her side, trying to comfort her in any way I could.

"I hate you, Kibum." She whispered. "I hate you so much

What is hate?

 Mother has said those words before, I just can't quite figure out their meaning. I'm sure, it's a bad thing because she's always crying when she says it and crying means bad.

"Go.." She pushed me away.

I smiled. 

"Yes, Mommy!"

Standing up, I skipped to my room; keeping the door wide open.

On the walls were a series of posters and pictures. Many of which had faces that remained unfamiliar. I stumbled to one them tracing my fingers along their face. Mother used to tell me how I had a love for dancing, even though then it was to hard to believe. I could never imagine my controlling my movements. The day I'd come home she told me that this star was named Yunho and that he was an exquisite dancer I used to look up to. But to this day, I still can't recall ever seeing him dance in my entire existence.



I sat on my bed, coloring in my only Pororo coloring book. Most of my crayons were missing, but I've managed to keep my favorites; pink and black.

"Kibum.." Mothers spoke quietly, opening up the door. 

I continued to color.

She stepped into the room a large suitcase in her hands. Her eyes were red and seemed quite unusual from normal eyes. 

"Let's get you packed, baby."

She sat down patting the floor next to her in front of the dresser. I obliged running to hug her!

"Special place!" I squealed, clapping. "Special!"

"Calm down, sweetheart." She chuckled before pulling my head closer to her chest. " Does Kibum want me to tell him a story?" 

I nodded, waiting for the story to begin. Mom always tell the best stories.

"There was a boy" she began, petting my hair. "He was very talented, his mother could see it.. She was very proud of him, because despite his fathers not being there for them he expelled in many things."

He didn't have a father either?

Mother continued. "One day, on the way to visit his fathers grave...a man in a big car had been drinking magic juice that caused him to be very unreliable at the wheel. While it was the boys turn to cross the street, the magic juice man didn't see him.."

She stared at the fabric of the clothes as she folded them.

"And he hit the boy.."

I was baffled. The boy did nothing to anyone, he was talented....he didn't even have a father....and yet some man hit him? Magic juice is very bad.

"Ahh, but Kibum...He didn't die. In fact, the boy was put into a coma. His mother waited for him to wake up for almost a year....but then, one day, the last day he had to open his eyes; she begged her son to open his eyes. The doctors had been waiting such a long time to see him and determine if he'd taken any damage. And just like that...He finally opened his eyes"

It's all well, right? The boy is alive, he woke up. It's over..

"But.." She said " He was different...Broken if you will. The doctors said that when he was hit by the car it rattled two important parts of his brain. One controlled his emotions, and emotional reactions...the other controlled his responses.. And on top of that many of his memories from before the accident were lost. 'He's still in there' the doctor had said. 'He just can't find a way to the surface. In a way, your son is trapped'... After that, his mother tried everything. Rehab, psychotherapy, medication....but none of them brought out the trapped boy she'd tried so desperately to bring back."

Could the boy on the surface cry and not know, but the boy trapped inside him be aware of it?

"He could react to things, but he wouldn't feel it. The boy once made his mother cry, and laughed at it.. She knew he didn't mean to..because in his eyes she could see the pain and how he wanted to feel."

"Boy is okay now?" I asked 

She smiled. "He's going to a place where he's understood and can be helped properly."

That sounds nice. If only that boy were me, I would like to be fixed. 

"Mommy take away special place!" 

She raised an eyebrow.

"Why?"

"Take me where boy go! I Got better for you."

If he could get fixed, surely I can too.

"We'll be going tomorrow, bum. I promise you'll love it."


A.N:

I Really want to make sure this story is understandable. And I know it's very confusing as of right now. 

Hopefully  it was understood that Key has an illness. That's basically the biggest thing  I needed you as reader-nim to catch.

Thank you for reading ^^

P.S. The next chapter will be up soon.