III

Tonight

 

Tonight III: Finale

 

No way, no way, we’re easily becoming strangers again.

I look for you, under the moonlight that illuminates me.

But you know that I love you, girl…

 

-

 

‘Where the hell is that girl?!’ he grinded the thought over and over again in his mind.

 

It has been three whole days since he last saw her and whenever he tried to call her phone, it was always off! Is she trying to play hide-and-seek with him now? Or has she disappeared off the face of Earth already?

 

The feeling of lost was nagging and tugging at his heart again.

 

At first, he thought he did give her a day to cool down before he calls her to find out how she is doing. He is not the guilty one. After all, he didn’t give her any promise or allowed her to claim him as her boyfriend. So technically, he needn’t feel guilty over the kiss that she saw. But why? Why did his patience wear thin when he realized that she hasn’t come to look for him after so many days?

 

 One was okay, two was starting to be long and three was just absolutely wrong!

 

He took his iPhone out and dialed the number once again, only to have the same freaking announcer telling him that the owner of the phone is currently unavailable… blah blah blah. Frustrated, he slammed his phone onto the computer desk.

 

“Ye Hee, where are you?” he whispered into the silence surrounding his dorm.

 

This was the silence he was hoping for right? So why wasn’t he happy? It became undeniable that Ye Hee was rubbing off him like a habit. Yes, he was used to her being around and without her, something seems amiss. What a bad habit.

 

Renewing his hopes, he dialed for Suzy’s number first. Hoping that since Ye Hee wasn’t here, she must have returned to Korea.

 

“Yobosaeyo?” the monotonous voice of Suzy came through the line.

 

“Anneong, Suzy-ssi,” he greeted politely before jumping straight to the point, “is Ye Hee with you right now?”

 

“Bwoh? Isn’t she in Japan?” came Suzy’s answer and he felt the world crashed before his eyes.

 

“Uh, neh. We’re having our summer holidays right now, so I was wondering if she is back in Korea visiting. I wanted her to help me get some snacks,” what a stupid lie, Kwon Ji Yong. He facepalmed himself.

 

“Oh really? Ye Hee gets to come back to Korea to visit us?” her tone raised an octave higher as she squealed with excitement. Then, in the background, another voice joined in. It was Min happily squealing in excitement too.

 

Gosh, he took the phone away from his ears as he heard those excited screams. There’s a reason why he hates fangirls and noise.

 

“Ah, kamsahabnida,” then he hang the phone.

 

-

 

She was unfocused and in a daze when they first started off doing the project in the studio. As he tinkered on the piano, she played the violin but got lost while trying to catch up with him.

 

“Ye Hee-ssi? You alright?” his question broke her out of her reverie.

 

“Ah,” she snapped out of it, “Mian!”

 

He chuckled at her flustered expression, “It’s alright. Let’s do this well and get the top prize and do our friends and family proud yeah!”

 

Pushing the earlier events to the back of her mind, she immediately started back on track. She was going to make Ji Yong proud of her!

 

Then, she forgot about the incident when the workload started kicking in.

 

-

 

“Gosh, have you already fallen for her?” came Yongbae’s voice over the phone.

 

“I don’t know,” he whimpered, “I’m at a lost now.”

 

“I can’t find her, can’t contact her and she has not been home for the past three days!”

 

“Dude,” Yongbae’s consoling voice came through again, “you’ve hit hard this time.”

 

“Yeah, thanks, Captain Obvious,” he snapped.

 

“I mean, she used to be really irritating and loud at first, pestering and harassing me to let her listen to my compositions. But after these few months of living with her, I realized that it was nice to be around her. She doesn’t really care about how you behave or whatever people say about her. She doesn’t take anything to heart but will improve constantly as proper guidance is given. With her, I can speak my mind freely, do whatever I want and be less cold for a moment,” he sighed.

 

“Oh boy oh boy!” Yongbae teased, “She’s that good huh?”

 

“Most importantly, she understands me. She understands my music.”

 

Yes, Kwon Ji Yong is irrevocably in love with the generous and careless girl.

 

-

 

“Yay! We’re finally done and I can finally be home~” she chirped in a sing-song voice as she stretched her tired back.

 

Junhyung chuckled at her as he patted her head.

 

“Neh, I think we both deserve a good rest. We have just been taking short power naps for these three days. I believe you miss your bed?” he teased.

 

“Mmmhmm,” she hummed in approval as she packed her things.

 

“Let me send you back to your dorm,” Junhyung offered, “it’s late and dangerous for a girl to be out alone.”

 

“Sure,” she grinned at him.

 

-

 

After sitting and moping around in his dorm, he decided that he must go look for her. It was already nearing midnight. No matter how aimless the search is since he doesn’t know where she will go if she is not back in Korea but here in Japan, he still needs to look for her and bring her back to him. Deciding to face his feelings head-on and not avoid anymore, he grabbed his keys and phone before leaving the dorm.

 

As he was prepared to leave the lobby, he saw the scene that sent his heart beating in erratic tempo while sharp jolts of pain attacked it in constant pulses. Ye Hee was stepping out of the taxi and a guy came over to pass her her backpack. They were giggling and he patted her hair lovingly.

 

Wait a minute! Who the hell does he think he is, to pat Ye Hee’s head so lovingly! Ye Hee was his! Damn! And he thought she was somewhere wallowing in self-pity. Pfft.

 

He stomped onwards as he watched the taxi drove away while she walked towards the lobby, head down, looking at her foot.

 

Without warning, he grabbed her wrists and pulled her attention to him as he glared into her eyes.

 

“Where the freaking hell have you been?! Don’t you turn on the phone?! What’s the phone for if you constantly turn it off? Don’t know how much I have worried for you when you just disappear off the face of Earth for three whole days?!” he poured his frustration and anger at her. The pent-up indignance spilling out all at once.

 

“Sun-sunbae,” she stuttered as she cocked her head to one side, “why are you here?”

“Why am I here?!” he paused dramatically and stared hard at her, “Why can’t I be here?! I was about to go out looking for you!”

 

Then, she turned to look at her phone, only to realize that the battery was flat.

 

“Opps! I guess my battery fell flat and I forgotten bring the charger along when I was camping with Junhyung.” She sheepishly muttered and giggled.

 

“You freaking hell went camping?!” he was about to explode, “Alone with a guy?!”

 

“We camped at the studio! It is the project season and we have a three-day deadline to meet!” she hurriedly explained.

 

“And you didn’t bother to tell me?!”

 

“I did.”

 

“When?!”

 

“You’ve forgotten?”

 

“I have something to say…” she trailed on.

 

“I will have to complete this project with my classmate Junhyung-ssi in three days so I won’t be back at the dorms! Don’t miss me okay?” she giggled and grinned.

 

Meanwhile, nothing went into Ji Yong’s ears as he focused whole-heartedly on his composition. He nodded half-heartedly at her.

 

Oops, turned out that he was worried for nothing.


“By the way,” she drawled on teasingly, “were you jealous just now?”

 

“What are you talking about?” he snapped and avoided her face.

 

“I couldn’t care less if you just disappeared!” he tried to calm his beating heart down as he avoided her face.

 

She cocked her head to the side as she tried to get Ji Yong to face her.

 

“Oh really?” she continued teasing.

 

“Then I guess I can continue camping with Junhyung then…” she drawled on and turned around leave.

 

He grabbed her wrist immediately and pulled her into him.

 

“No way,” he gritted through his teeth, “you’re not going to him ever again.”

 

She chuckled happily, “You love me, Ji Yong-sunbae!”

 

“Whatever,” he spoke nonchalantly.

 

She sighed then and he panicked, “Are you still worrying about the kiss that you saw? It was Hyeyoung that forced it onto me! I didn’t do anything to her; neither did I return the kiss.”

 

She then chuckled, “Actually, I’ve kinda forgotten about it. I didn’t really try to take it to heart though it hurt me for a while. But I’ve always known that you will love me back in the end because I will do whatever it takes to make you love me!”

 

He stared at her in disbelief, “Are you freaking serious?!”

 

She laughed out loudly at him, “I’ll never leave you that easily, Ji Yong-sunbae!”

 

Then she cupped his face and pulled him in for a kiss. He crashed his lips hungrily on to hers as he devoured them. She tastes so sweet that it was hard for him to pull away. Eventually, they had to breathe and he unwillingly released her sweet lips.

 

“So who’s better? Hyeyoung or me?” she teased again as she grinned at him.

 

“Yah!” he glared at her before softening the glow in his eyes, replacing it with love, “I love you, girl.” He said with a husky voice.

 

She chuckled and grinned, her smile as bright as the sun.

 

“Saranghae, Ji Yong sunbae!”

 

“Yah! It’s oppa from now onwards!”

 

“Neh, Ji Yong oppa,” and that made his heart skip a beat. He actually liked her calling him ‘oppa’.

 

“By the way, you stink.” He wrinkled his nose and she chuckled loudly while snuggling into him as they walked back to the hostel.

 

-

 

Fin.

 

-

 

TADAAA! The last chapter! Coupled with a beautiful poster! AWESOME MUCH?! Comments are welcomed! 

 

By the way, for those who think that it is too short, you all can request for bonus chapters! Like what you wanna know happened between Jiyong and Ye Hee(you)! I will throw in a few bonus chapters as long as you tell me at the comments page! YAY! I DO HOPE THAT YOU ALL HAVE ENJOYED TONIGHT ALL THESE WHILE~ XD So I will be waiting for your bonus chapter requests! Once I know what you all wanna know happened between YeHee and Jiyong, I will write a chapter and post it up. For now, Tonight is officially complete! XD Thanks for all support and subscribing~