II.

Change of Rejection.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Luhan hopped out of his seat, standing face to face with you. "What do you mean resign?!" He was beyond surprised, just seconds ago, you were filing papers for his father. You exhaled the air remaining in your nostrils, handing him the envelope, "This is my resignation papers, as well as Yi Fan's. Just seconds ago, I was filing files for your father, the person that allowed this for me and Yi Fan, himself. However, he told me that I have to get passed you to able to leave this company." Taking his hand, you placed the envelope in his palm. 

Kris stood up and fixed his shirt as Luhan stared at the two, "How can you both quit all of a sudden?! You two were acting normal just minutes ago!" You took a glance at Kris then to Luhan, "I guess you didn't take notice, I wasn't in my best position for the past week, and Yi Fan wasn't neither." Kris nodded his head in agreement, placing his on his friends shoulder, "Ge, understand us. We have family issues. We might not be related, but whatever happens to _____, it happens to me also. I vowed my whole life to be her best friend and brother, I won't let her do this alone." 

Luhan was, however, out of daze as he remembered all the good times he had with you. Realizing the little things and major things, for example, you being his date to important meet and greets for the company. He somehow felt his heart burning, and now, his two friends were resigning. "There must be a reason behind this, I can't allow the both of you to resign!" 

You smiled wearingly, clinging onto Kris' arm, "There is, but it's confidential. The only person I told was your father, he's allowing me to leave, but again, I have to ask you also. You're my boss after all." You took another glance at Kris, "Please, allow us to leave, I really need to go." Then again, Luhan didn't have a choice but let you go. He nodded with a word while returning to his seat. 

You bowed with a smile and exited the room, getting ready to pack everything and bid every co-worker goodbye. Kris looked to Luhan and smiled, "Thanks, ge. It means a lot from the both of us, but if you would really like to know, it's written in the resignation form that only you are allowed to read." With that, he turned and walked away, waving his two fingers in the air, "Until next time, bro." 

 

_____________________________________

 

 

Luhan stared at the envelope that resided on his desk for about two weeks now. For all he knows, you were now long gone from his company and now he is debating rather or not if he wanted to open the envelope. 

"Oh, it." He teared opened the envelope, reading the two papers. 

Immediately, he jumped out of his seat, grabbing his jacket in process. He jogged to the door, informing his secretary that he was heading out. "Pull the car up front!" His driver complied in a split second as the car pulled up quicker than expected, "Thanks, Yoon, but I'll drive myself. Don't worry, I'll be fine." Without hearing the last of his driver, he drove away from the company at the speed of lightning. 

And now, he's beginning to realize all of the little things that you had done for him. All the bigger things that you have done for him. And never once did he return the favor, he missed it all. His work had blinded him to actually see his love for you. His reaction to your resignation wasn't the same to any resignations he had before, with you, it made him feel empty, sadden, and even angered. 

The signs of love. 

Realization to love. 

Blinded by other things. 

He missed every little thing you did in the office. From running around to get things done, to smiling and cheering him up on his worst, to being joyful every minute of the day to lift th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter