❆Chapter five

Dark Magic

"Ri, go hide in that room" Jungkook whispered to her, keeping an eye on the suspicious people outside.

It was the second night of their journey. They were in a restaurant, ready to order a meal for their dinner when they heard someone fire two bullets downstairs in the restaurant. Ri, due to shock, froze, so Jungkook made her hide in a small storage room which was only big enough for a person to fit in. He was afraid she'd get hurt considering that she didsn't even know how to fight. Neither did he but right at that moment, Ri was more important.

The group of people made their way upstairs, smirking at Jungkook as he was the only one on the upper level. "Who do we have here?" One of the guys questioned. "Why does he look so familiar?" He asked his friend who was standing next to him.

"He's the little boy who used to follow Ri around everywhere" His friend answered, giving Jungkook a quick glance.

"Who are you people? Why do you know Ri?" Jungkook questioned them back, his gaze scanning everyone in the group.

"Oh how rude of us! We forgot to introduce ourselves but as if people don't know us!" Another guy laughed. "We're the Eris clan. Where's Rihye?" He grinned cunningly.

Jungkook's eyes widened. Why was the Eris clan suddenly right in front of him but he decided to just keep calm. "She's not here, she left a few hours ago" He lied. "Why are you looking for her.

"Look kido, we're not here to play around. I'm Yongguk, incase you haven't heard of my name, you shouldn't be messing with me. Got that?" Yongguk said in a low, intimadating voice. "Search." He told his mates.

"STOP!" Jungkook shouted. "Why are you looking for her?" He asked Yongguk, this time losing his temper a little.

"Someone's getting angry" Yongguk smirked. "It's none of your business, you filth." He spat. "Continue searching!" He demanded.

Jungkook had no choice anymore, it was one against seven. When the guys were searching in the upstairs kitchen and Yongguk wasn't paying attention to him, he silently walked to the storage room that Ri was in. "I'm going to open the door and you have to immediately run" He whispered on the other side, hoping Ri heard.

He took one quick glance at Yongguk to make sure he wasn't guiding the stairway and in one quick movement, he opened the door, pulled Ri and ran downstairs into the streets.

"CHASE AFTER THEM!" Yongguk shouted. "HURRY!"

 

The two young teenagers continue running as if their life depended on it, well... it sort of did. "Over here" Jungkook told Ri as they hid in a gap between two walls. 

"Where did they go? They just disppeared" The group separated in order to find the people they're looking for easier.

Meanwhile, in the compressed space they had chosen to hide in, Ri and Jungkook awkwardly looked away from each other. Although they've been close since they were young, their faces have never been so close to each other but because the group of guys were still near, they couldn't really do anything. Ri could feel her face blushing really hard and she tried her best to avoid eye contact with Jungkook, her heart was beating like crazy, funny enough, her heart was only beating like this because of the little distance they had between each other and not actually the fact that she might be killed if they were caught.

Making sure they wouldn't be found, Jungkook slowly turned his head towards Ri's direction. She looked so fragile at that moment, as if she'd break if she was hit by a feather. Jungkook had always thought of Ri as his sister, someone he must protect but at that very moment he thought his view on her changed. Maybe it was a trick of his mind. Was Ri always this pretty?

Just then, when Ri wanted to tell Jungkook that those people should be gone by now, she turned her head around, causing just a slight awkward accident.

Ri's eyes widened and so did Jungkook's.

Their lips had touched.