❆Chapter four

Dark Magic

"Take care you two!" Mrs Ahn waved as the two teenagers walked out of the gates of her grandson's house.

"You two Mrs Ahn" Jungkook bowed and gave her a quick hug. That woman loves hugs.

"Thank you for letting us stay for such a long time, we had a great time" After both Ri and Jungkook paid their gratitiude, they waved goodbye to Mrs Ahn and started to head to their destination.

It's been two years. Ri was now sixteen and Jungkook was seventeen. Their lives have been pretty normal, Mrs Ahn treated them just like she'd treat her family. Now that their older, they thought it's a good time to head back to their hometown where their parents died. One reason was because they never actually found their parents' bodies and they wanted to pay their respect, another reason was so they could find more hints and figure out the truth to why their hometown was suddenly bombed.

"It's going to be a long trip!" Ri said, trying to sound as enthusiastic as possible.

 

 

They finally arrived as they observed the place. Everything was so different now. Although it was a very poor town before it was bombed, it was a peaceful neighbourhood besides having a few neighbourhood boys causing trouble from time to time. But now, everything was dark and grey. There was even starving people on the streets begging for food or money whenever someone passes by. Everyone looked unhappy. Two years made a lot of difference, Ri thought.

They continued to walk down the gloomy street. People were staring at them, their eyes like they'd attack the two teenagers anytime soon. "Just ignore them, nothing will happen" Jungkook said, although he was a bit creeped out himself.

They stopped infront of their childhood house. The pile of bricks were gone. It was now just a little farm where chickens walked here and there. "Where did everything go?" Ri asked, not really taking reality in. "Everything... is gone...".

"Let's ask." Jungkook suggested as he lead Ri to a small food stall nearby. "Excuse me."

The old grandma who was selling traditional pancakes stopped what she was doing and stared at them. "I haven't seen you two around before. Would you like a seat?" She asked with a blank face.

Since they were here, they thought it'd be more polite to sit and eat while easking some questions so they nodded. They sat down and the old grandma brought two pancakes out for them.

"Actually grandma, we have some questions we want to ask you about..." Ri started.

The grandma turned around to look at them. "Questions? What sort of questions?" She questioned back and took a seat with them.

"Do you happen to know the incident that ocurred two years ago?" Jungkook asked, taking a bite out of his pancake.

"You mean that bombing incident?" She asked again, this time taking more interest in the topic.

Both of them nodded eagerly, they were desperate to know the truth. "Can you please tell us everything you know about that incident. Also, if you happen to know the Eris clan?" Jungkook asked.

"My friend died in that incident as well... it was so unfortunate" the grandma sighed, looking like she was about to cry. "You children should never get involved with the Eris clan. They're pure evil!" She stated angrily. "Eris, that devil's daughter. Just because of her death everyone suffered. She's dead now but wants to come back alive again. That's rubbish I'd say!" She continued, slamming the table weakly in the process.

Ri and Jungkook looked at each other and then back to the grandma. "We understand grandma, our parents died because of them as well. We want to know the truth, that's why we're here" Ri explained, understanding why this grandma was so mad.She, herself was too.

"Oh you poor youths. In that case, I'll tell you. Eris was a woman in his fourties when she first created this clan of hers. Back then, she was beautiful, not in the inside of course but on the outside. No one really knows why she suddenly created this clan and why she's causing all this trouble but funny enough, she was named after the goddess of discord and destruction. Suits her perfectly" the grandma explained, getting angier and angrier as she continued to talk about her knowledge on this clan. "I heard they were trying to look for three people, something about using their powers to bring her alive again, as if that would ever happen!"

Ri and Jungkook nodded. Then again, Ri was born with dark magic so she couldn't really say anything.

"Thank you grandma, we appreciated your time. All the best." Jungkook bowed as they payed for the pancakes and stood up.

"Remember kids, don't get involved." The grandma said worriedly.

"Don't worry grandma." Ri replied but said nothing more because inside, she knew that Jungkook and her were going to get involved sometime soon. "Goodbye grandma" They waved.

 

 

 

"Please! Leave the two kids alone!" Mrs Ahn cried. 

It was dark at night. A young boy, maybe slightly older than Ri and Jungkook knocked on her door asking to see a girl named Rihye. Mrs Ahn just answered back truthfully that they had just left that morning and won't come back anytime soon. The said boy then began cussing and saying how he needed the girl now even if he had to use the cruelest way possible. Muttering things like he'd kill her for causing so much trouble just to find her and he'd make sure she won't be alive after his boss has gotten what he had wanted. Mrs Ahn obviously got afraid and told the boy to leave Rihye and also Jungkook alone.

"Let go!" He shouted, trying to remove Mrs Ahn's hands from his arms. "Let go! Before I kill you!" He shouted harshly, pushing Mrs Ahn to the side.

"Don't hurt them! Don't hurt her! She's innocent! She's done nothing wrong!" Mrs Ahn continued crying.

Gongchan gave her an annoyed glance. "I know she's done nothing wrong. Too bad my boss wants... no... needs her right now." He smirked before grabbing his pocket knife and as he was about to stab Mrs Ahn for holding him back, Jaehyun opened the door after returning from a night shift.

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING?" Jaehyun shouted, pushing Gongchan out of the way, injuring his right arm by the knife in the process

Since this wasn't what Gongchan had planned, he decided he'd just leave before he gets in trouble for wasting his time.

Jaehyun turned around, watching the stranger leave. He considered calling the police but knowing the police around this place, they'd probably just let this slip away. He helped his grandma up, asking if she was alright.

Mrs Ahn nodded. "Jaehyun, he wanted to get Ri and Jungkook..."

 



 

Chapter update! So here's the actual beginning. I know there's not much romance going on between Jungkook and Ri but believe me, it's happen soon ;) Hope you enjoyed this update and yes, Gongchan made a small appearance and as you can probably tell that he's a member of the Eris clan 

See you later guys !