❆Chapter three

Dark Magic

"Jungkook?" She looked around after waking up, rubbing her eyes. "Jungkook?" She repeated again, she started to panick. No Jungkook anywhere in her sight. "JUNGKOOK?"

""What's the matter?" Jungkook came rushing in. "Something wrong?" He asked obliviously.

"Where were you? I thought you left..." She said embarassed and gave him a light punch on the arms.

Jungkook laughed. "Don't worry, that won't happen. I was checking if there was anything that was eatable in the forest. Look what I found!" She showed her excitedly.

"Apples?" She questioned, grabbing one from his hand. 

"I washed them by the lake already, it should be safe to eat. Plus, it's healthy" He grinned. "Eat up, afterwards I'll go find a new job. We need money to survive".

"What about me? I'll come with you" She said and stood up. She knew she was getting too clingy but she couldn't help it. Jungkook was all she had now, considering that she didn't have any friends.

Jungkook thought about it for a second. "Sure. Finish that apple first" he chuckled. Although they've been friends for a long time, this was the first time Jungkook realised how much Ri actually trusted him.

 

It was four o'clock already, Jungkook couldn't find a place that didn't reject him. Both Jungkook and Ri were getting tired but none complained because they knew that complaining won't help them.

"I guess we have no choice." He went into the nearest cafe and asked for some paper and a pen. He took off his cap and placed it onto the ground. He quickly wrote something on the piece of paper and placed it infront of the cap. "Just watch... and don't judge" He said to Ri before clapping his hands a few times to gain attention from the people walking by.

"Jungkook, what are you doing?" Ri asked him, looking at the people who've stopped by to watch what was going on. She then realised what was written on the piece of paper, 'Thank you'. There was only one thing that popped up on her mind. Is he going to perform?

He smiled. "Hello everybody, my name is Jungkook. I'll be singing a song very soon and I hope you'll enjoy it, I know I enjoy this song alot" He said, giving Ri a quick glance. "I'd really appreciate it if you'd give us some rewards, doesn't have to be much, just some, my friend and I really need it. Take it as giving out money for a good course?" He finished his mini speech and gave the audience a sweet smile, causing some girls to compliment on how good-looking he was. He took a deep breath.

 

It always appeared before me

You face, I remember

My heart that stopped short

You spitefully took my dysfunctional heart

And with your bright smile...

That's how you easily opened my heart

 

Ri had met him for seven years, she had never heard him sing. Now that he's singing, she saw another, different side of him. A talented person he was.

Just like that, they earnt some money each day, enough to survive.

 

 

"Rihye?" She heard a familiar voice call out her name. It's been three months now. Although they still can't afford to rent a cheap place, they had enough to buy warm clothes. Showering was not a problem as they could just go to the local public bathroom.

Rihye turned around, not believing who she was seeing. "Mrs Ahn...?" She widened her eyes. "Is that you Mrs Ahn?" She questioned again, not believing that there was another survivor.

"Yes Rihye, it's really me. It's Mrs Ahn" She said with teary eyes and gave Ri a hug. "I'm so glad you're still alive!" with a shaky voice, Mrs Ahn pulled out of the hug and observed Ri, "I'm so very glad...".

"How...? I mean... I'm glad too but how did you...?" Ri didn't want to ask the question as it did sound somewhat rude but Mrs Ahn understood what she was trying to ask.

"I came to visit my grandson who's working here near the city and then I heard the news." She answered, smiling with tears in her eyes. "...and who's this young man next to you?" She asked, observing Jungkook.

Jungkook bowed. "Hello, my name is Jungkook. I think we've met once."

"Oh my! You've grown so tall and handsome! You're the one who came with Ri to visit me when you guys were still little, am I right?" Mrs Ahn asked.

"Yes, I think so" Jungkook answered.

"Where have you two been staying? Where are your parents?" She asked as we sat down at her grandson's house.

"J-just a small...I guess you can call it a house? My parents... aren't alive anymore" Ri replied, trying to sound not too upset so Mrs Ahn wouldn't feel bad for asking.

"Oh... I'm sorry for your loss Ri. Your parents were wonderful people..." Mrs Ahn grabbed her hand and gently patted them. "Well, if you two don't mind, you can stay here for a while, I'm sure my grandson won't mind. He's a friendly guy."

So that was decided. They thanked Mrs Ahn for letting them stay. 

 

A few hours later, they finished helping Mrs Ahn prepare dinner when the they heard the front door open. "Oh, he's home!" Mrs Ahn said excitely. "Jaehyun! Come here!" She called from the dining room. "I want you to meet these two young friends." She said happily.

A young guy, maybe a few years older than Jungkook came in and greeted them. "This is my grandson, Jaehyun" Mrs Ahn intoduced. "...And these two are children I treasure very much, this lovely lady is Rihye and this handsome young man is Jungkook".

Jaehyun seemed confused. "I see...?" He seemed a bit lost as to why two young kids were here.

"They'll be staying with us" Mrs Ahn said excitedly. "Jungkook will be sharing a room with you and Rihye will share share with me, underestand?"

 



 

So, if any of you aren't sure who Ahn Jaehyun is, he's an actor who's been on the drama 'you who came from the stars' as Cheon Songyi's younger brother. He was also an actor in Kwill's 'Please don't go' music video. Here's a picture:

 

The song that Jungkook was singing is called 'Nothing better' by Jung Yup. Just imagine Kookie's sweet voice with that song~

I hope you've enjoyed this chapter. As I think I mentioned before, the first three chapters only talks about what has happened before. The actual story begins in chapter 4, so please anticipate! I'm sorry it was quite boring so far > <

Have a great day everyone!