❆Chapter one

Dark Magic

Tying up her long, wavy, chocolate brown hair, Ri started recording down her day in an old, dusty journal. Although today wasn't the most special day, Ri still wanted to record the things that she had been doing throughout the day just so she'll remember it later on in life. Finishing her last sentence, she wrote the date and signed it on the bottom right hand corner and closed the journal.

Before going to bed, she'd always stand in front of the mirror and would look at herself, asking herself why she had such eyes that seem to hold so many secrets, hair that was different from her parents and a birthmark that glows once in a while and looks just like wings that are spread out. Why was she born this way? She knew she was different compared to other people, she could somehow do things that normal human beings couldn't do. She let out a heavy sigh before lying onto her bed and then falling asleep.

 

"Ri, it's time to wake up..." Her mum chuckled as Ri stirred around in bed, trying to get back underneath the blankets.

"Five more minutes mum, please" She mumbled.

"Come on, wake up Ri. I need you to do me a favour" Her mum said, pulling her up from bed. "Can you go to Mrs Ahn's place and return this book for me please. I have to go to work now and besides, you don't have anything to do today anyways" She smiled and handed Ri a novel to her. "Have fun and be careful!" She said before making her way out the front door.

"Yeah yeah...." She replied groggily. She changed into her clothes and grabbed the book that her mum wanted to return. "Ten Myths? Since when did mum start reading these kinds of books?" She asked herself.

 

"Mrs Ahn, my mum wanted to return this back to you" Ri smiled and returned the novel to Mrs Ahn.

"Ri, how have you been?" Mrs Ahn asked with a warm smile. "I haven't seen you in forever! You should come visit more often" She continued. Mrs Ahn was Ri's mum's history teacher when she was still in school. After Mrs Ahn retired, she opened this small library cafe for local kids to come and relax.

"I've been good. I'll make sure to come visit more often" She replied with a small smile.

"Yes, yes, you should. I've been wanting to see those beautiful eyes of yours for a while now, I've missed them you know?" She let out a heartily laugh.

Loud noises could be heard from outside, Ri looked out the window, the noises were gone.

"Must be those neighbourhood boys causing trouble again, don't worry Ri. I'll teach them a lesson one day. Reminds me of the old times" She giggled. Sometimes Ri loved to talk with Mrs Ahn, she was so warm-hearted and she never judges.

After staying for a few hours, Ri decided it was time to go home. "Well, the sun is going down, I should head back home" Ri bowed. "Thank you for having me".

"You're very welcome Ri, come visit again soon! Be careful on the way home, alright?" Mrs Ahn waved.

Ri nodded and walked out of the cafe. She looked around, still a bit curious about these 'neighbourhood boys' but then decided that maybe staying out of trouble would be a better idea.

On her way home, she spotted a young boy sitting alone, throwing small pebbles into the pond he was sitting by. He looked quite injured; his face appeared to be scratched or cut so bad that the blood bleeding from it could be seen from a distance. He had a bruised eye and blood was forming on the corner of his pale lips. He must've bumped into those neighbourhood boys.

She stared at him from a few metres away, hesitating if she should go help him or not. At first she decided to just ignore everything and go home but after fifteen minutes she came back with a small first-aid box, a towel and a bottle of water.

"Hey." she called him to get his attention.

He turned around, he looked at her as if he was wondering who she was.

"You're supposed to clean those" She said, pointing to the bleeding wounds on his face, "...it'll get infected if you don't". Since she didn't have enough money to buy a bottle of disinfectant, she poured some water onto a piece of cotton pad and carefully dabbed it onto the wounds to clean them.

He looked at her, seemingly confused. "Who are you?", "Do I... know you?", "Why are you helping me?" He asked. He let her clean off the blood first, scrunching up his face once in a while during the process. She secured the wounds with some bandaids afterwards.

"My name is Ri" She answered. "You don't know me and I don't know you either. The reason why I helped you is because you were injured and I couldn't just leave you like that" She said as she wrapped a towel around an ice-pack and gently pressed it against his bruised eye, "Hold it".

"Thanks" He said. After a few minutes of silence, he decided to introduce himself. "My name is Jungkook, I just moved here yesterday". 

She chuckled. "I guess you don't know then. It's pretty dangerous around here if you go into the wrong Alleyways" She said as she sat down beside him after cleaning everything up and putting everything away.

"Explains why I have these wounds.' He sighed.

Ri nodded. "At least now you know to be careful next time" she softly smiled and then stood up. "It's getting late, you should head back home unless you want yourself in danger again." She offered a hand and pulled him up.

"Thanks again... Ri. Thank you for helping me" He scratched his head shyly.

Ri smiled. "You're welcome... Jungkook".

 



 

Here's the first chapter guys, I hope you guys liked it. Please support this fanfic by commenting/ subscribing and or up-voting, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks for checking out this fanfic!