Chapitre 4 : Night of The Lantern Festival 1

The Story of Eternal Love : The White Snake Legend

 

 

“Yeay!!!”

“Horray!!!”

“Woaaaa!!!”

“Look at the sky!!!”

“Aaaahhhh ……”

“Ooooohhhh…..”

Town of Guangdong was in merry. Tonight was the night of Lantern Festival. It was New Year's eve, a carnival night. People with colorful clothes flocked down the street and enjoy the luminous night. Sky was illuminated by spectacular fireworks which burst into colorful, amazing patterns. Under the lantern of each side of the road was full of people selling food and drinks. People chatted, laughed, screamed, cooed, everything. Tonight was the merriest night of the year. Celebration was everywhere.

Lu Han and Shi Xun strolled down the road. There was amazement on their eyes. They were never in human town before and they were surprised to see how lively it was. Lu Han’s eyes were adventuring everything he saw. Shi Xun, albeit feeling the same starstruck as Lu Han, tried to control his excitement. He came to this town reluctantly, pouting all the time when he was flying with Lu Han. Now, unwillingly, he was suppressed by the awesomeness of the human town. It would be really embarrassing to him if he happened to overly enjoy the scene and show his fondness towards human in front of Lu Han.

“Shi Xun! Look! Oh mine! I never knew that humans’ town could be this wonderful!” Lu Han squeaked.

“Yeah, yeah. Good enough.”

Shi Xun was trying his best to seem indifferent, although he really wanted to squealed like Lu Han. He ignored Lu Han’s eyes, pretending to see the Dragon Dance that was performed on the boat sailing on the river.

“Come on, Shi Xun! Smile! See! How much fun the mortal world is! Enjoy this, little brother!”

Shi Xun twitched his lips and rolled his eyes. Lu Han snorted. He knew exactly that Shi Xun was feeling the exact same feeling as his but was way too proud to show it.

“Come on. Smile for me. I know you like this too, don’t you? Smile for me, Shi Xun, so I won’t feel bad bringing you here.”

Shi Xun sighed before he truly smiled to Lu Han. Lu Han was beaming and ruffled Shi Xun’s hair.

“Now that is my boy!”

They continued their journey, chatting along with each other. They made quite an attraction to people who saw them. Their faces made the people dazed off. Girls were squealing whenever they passed the duo, feeling weak on their knees for their handsomeness.

“Oh God, their so handsome!”

“Are they gods?”

“I wish I could be with either of them!”

Of course Luhan and Shi Xun could hear the comments, their senses were sharper than humans'. However, they were too absorbed with the wonder of human world. They kept walking until they reached a bridge, stopping for a while.

“Alright. So, we don’t come here just for strolling around. We need to find that man.”

There you go again, Shi Xun said in mind.

“I think we need to split. We should try different direction. Shi Xun, you go around the street. I will be roaming on the river bank. If you see him, communicate with me through … that!” Luhan pointed the firework on the sky, “Make a symbol of green snake. Then I will be moving to … the pavilion on the lake. Bring him there, will you?”

“Why don’t you find him by yourself?”

Luhan squirmed. “I want to play a little joke on him. I want to see how nice he is.”

Shi Xun sighed, frowning. “Anything else? Should I contain my vital essence in a bottle and give it to him too?”

“Shi Xun ….” Luhan pouted.

“Okay, okay, Ge!” Shi Xun couldn’t help but chuckled. He shook his head upon seeing beaming Luhan before turning his body and walking.

 

ɷ   ɷ   ɷ   ɷ   ɷ

 

“Watch out!”

Shi Xun froze on his spot when a man blocked his way. He frowned upon seeing a man dressed on blue robe scanning the scene before him cautiously .

“What is your problem?”

“There is a demon. Around here.”

Shi Xun smirked and raised a brow. “A demon? How do you know?”

The man looked at his compass. The pointer was spinning fast to all direction.

“Of course I know! I am an expert!”

Shi Xun's frown grew sourer. He lifted his finger to the man’s back neck, transforming it into green claw.

“So ..., if you know there is a demon, are you going to exorcise it?”

The space between the claw and the neck got closer. Shi Xun was ready to it.

“Shhh!!! Don’t talk that loud! It’s nearby!”

The man spun. Shi Xun barely had no time to retract his claw.

“My master and I have been tracking them for ages. He said that we would exorcise them today.”

Shi Xun gave him a smirk. At least he could play along with him for a while before killing him.

“Why do you have to do that?” Shi Xun pretended a confused expression.

“Because demons hurt people.” The man looked at his compass again.

“Well, not every demon is like that. What about those who don’t hurt people?”

The man looked up for a while before he shrugged. “I don’t know.”

“Could you make friends with them?”

“Of course not!”

“Why not?”

“Because … my master only taught how to exorcise them. Not to make friends with them.”

The man blinked and focused on his compass again.

“Then … there’s a problem with your master. Which he probably inherited from his previous master.”

The man stared at Shi Xun, puzzled.

“Then, why don’t I have problem?”

“Because, you just seem not to have one.”

Shi Xun smirked, making the man chuckle.

“Hehehe …. You are very nice. And very smart. I’d like to have a friend like you.”

Shi Xun decided that he liked the man. He put his arm on the man’s shoulder and whisper lustfully to his ear.

“I am Shi Xun!”

The man blinked and quickly detached himself from Luhan, shooting a weird look before looking down at his feet.

“I am Bao Xian.”

Shi Xun smiled, amusedly.

“Bao Xian. Nice name. Well, nice to meet you, Bao Xian. I really want to hang out with you but apparently I am really busy. I have something to do. I gotta go. See ya!”

Shi Xun had already walked several steps ahead when he heard a scream.

“Take care!”

He turned his head, smiling.

“You too!” he winked.

Shi Xun resumed his walking. He could see that Bao Xian’s mouth was open. It made him chuckle, that he decided not to kill him. Somehow, Bao Xian had managed to make his mood much better tonight.

 

ɷ   ɷ   ɷ   ɷ   ɷ

 


2014/04/27

 

Finally! A chance to update! I don't know what happens to the internet connection in my house. It keeps crashing all the time, halting me to do my business in digital world. Well, I guess I am glad it is working now. Hopefully it won't crash again. I have many chapters to update, for this story and the other stories.

Anyway, thank you so much for your attention. I am so happy to see many people reading this story. Still, I need your comment. Please leave one so I know how you perceive this story.

Happy reading!!!!

Schandelierre