Chapitre 10 : Proposal

The Story of Eternal Love : The White Snake Legend

Lu Han was clinging to Jun Mian's arm. He couldn't stop smiling as he felt the warmth of Jun Mian's arm. Once a while, he would steal a peck from Jun Mian's cheek, which always made Jun Mian's eyes widen. He quickly darted away from Jun Mian's gaze after that, feeling his cheeks burning.

 

They didn't really talk during their journey. Lu Han knew that Jun Mian was nervous to death. Sweat didn't stop running from his head and neck. Lu Han would gently wipe it with his sleeve.

 

"You don't have to be nervous. My family is great."

 

"But, I still am. Not everyday is a man proposing a man to his family."

 

"Don't worry. They won't beat you to death. I will protect you. I am willing to die for you."

 

"So am I."

 

They finally reached their destination. The green trail which could be seen only by Lu Han ended in a very big, luxurious house. Lu Han smiled. Shi Xun always knew how to boast.

 

"You ..., you ..., you didn't tell me that the house of yours is really big ...." Jun Mian stuttered.

 

"It is nothing, Jun Mian. A house is just a house."

 

"But ..., it stil is ..., huge .... I ..., I ...," Jun Mian looked nervously to some gifts he was holding in his hands, "Do we bring enough gift for them ...? Even if I don't think it will satisfy them ...."

 

Jun Mian's words fell more silent. Lu Han shook his head and cupped Jun Mian's cheek with his hands.

 

"Jun Mian, listen. I don't care about everything. I just care about you. I don't care if my family likes you or not. You are what matters to me, all this time. Don't worry about everything. Even if my parents say no, I would still be with you. But I seriously doubt they will reject you. You are a charmer, don't you know?"

 

Jun Mian was trembling, Lu Han knew, so he gave a kiss to his forehead. The kiss made Jun Mian's look like red owl.

 

"Lu Han ...."

 

"I'll stay by your side. Stop worrying. Let's just come in."

 

Giving Jun Mian his most blinding smile, Lu Han clinged to Jun Mian's arm again and they both proceeded inside the building. Lu Han could exactly see that this house was just an illusion. It was a deserted, almost broken down house that was casted a spell to look like it was a grand house. He guided Jun Mian to avoid some spots on the floor that looked fragile and might crush if being stepped on. If Jun Mian was confused why they seemed like tiptoeing through the house, he didn't complain. He was just there, following Lu Han like a satellite. Lu Han smiled at the quiet Jun Mian. Lu Han knew he was anticipating the moment.

 

"Ah!! Gege!!"

 

Shi Xun came to him, with a forced smile on his cheeks. He hugged Lu Han and tried to smile politely to Jun Mian, taking the gifts he was holding.

 

What's up with the expression?! You are making Jun Mian uneasy!

 

Well, duh, I'm sorry! I had a rough day preparing all these things for you. You should be happy that I manage to get everything done. At least I am trying to smile!

 

But your smile is like demon's!

 

In case you forgot, we ARE demons!

 

Lu Han sighed.

 

Please, Shi Xun. At least for today. It is hard for Jun Mian already to come here. He doesn't need anymore tension from you fake smile. Please help him, for me.

 

Now it was Shi Xun sighing.


   
Okay, okay, Ge.

 

Shi Xun shook his head and beamed to Jun Mian.

 

"Come on, Ge. My family has been waiting for you."

 

He took the things on Jun Mian's hand and went to a room. Jun Mian gulped.

 

"It's okay. Come on."

 

His hand was squuezed by Lu Han's. Jun Mian followed him to a middle of the lavishly decorated room which was connected to an outer garden and koi pond in the back.

 

And both he and Jun Mian stopped at their track.

 

Shi Xun .... Who the hell do you bring here? I asked you to get forest spirits, they are far more believable to turn into human, not our demon friends here ....

 

I am sorry, Ge! None of the forest spirits wanted to come to human world. I didn't know what happened to their calendar but they said it was bad luck today if they went here. They were the only ones left or your plan would not run at all.

 

Lu Han sighed in heart. In front of him were Xiu Min, and Yi Xing plus monkey demon, toad demon, and rooster demon disguised as human. Xiumin and Yi Xing were disguised as Lu Han and Shi Xun's mother and father. Toad and monkey demons were acting as their brother and sister with the rooster demon as their servant. They might look like human but their behaviour was barely matching it: Yi Xing's hands contantly rubbed the air, Xiu Min hopped instead of walking, the toad demon was squating and puffing his cheeks, and the monkey demon was jumping and kept scratching her body. The rooster demon's gesture was quite normal, but his head kept bobbing front and back while doing everything.

 

So much for a family, Lu Han thought.

 

We have to be fast, Gege. They cannot stay in this form for long.

 

Lu Han nodded to Shi Xun's warning.

 

I want to play too! I want to play too!

 

Chen's squeaking voice was hitting their ears as he was jumping in front of their feet. Lu Han shook his head sadly while Shi Xun glared at Chen.

 

Shoo! You can't take human form! Leave!

 

Shi Xun kicked the mouse demon lightly, who squaked really loudly before flying to the pool. Shi Xun shrugged, looking helpless. Lu Han shook his head, calmed himself, and walked to Jun Mian, who forgot to feel nerveous to dead since he was very enchanted by Lu Han's family antics. He hitched when feeling Lu Han's touch in his hand.

 

"So, this is my family. I'll introduce you to each of them."

 

They approached the table. Lu Han noticed Jun Mian had regained his sense of self-consciousness along with the fear to his family. Lu Han saw that Jun Mian pinched himself and worked his hardest to smile the brightest. It worked. Jun Mian was showing his wonderful smile already, making Lu Han's stomach flip like crazy.

 

"G, good morning, everyone."

 

Everyone was looking at them, frozen.

 

"Hello, family. I bring someone special here. Jun Mian, this is my father." Lu Han nodded to Yi Xing.

 

"Hel ..., lo ...." Yixing grined and circled his hands in the air.

 

"Hello, Sir. My name is Jun Mian." Jun Mian bowed in respect.

 

Xiu Min hopped to Yi Xing's side, giggling like crazy.

 

"He ...." Yi Xing started.

 

"He's absolutely amazing!" Xiu Min cut Yi Xing's remark.

 

"You ...."

 

"You're just very handsome for a man."

 

"Real ...."

 

"Really nice to see you!"

 

Xiu Min swayed his hand and accidentally pushed Yi Xing. He lost his balanced and tripped backward, his hidden shell made him rock on the floor. Jun Mian, not seeing the shell, quickly moved forward to help him but Lu Han grabbed his arm faster.

 

"Don't worry, he's fine."

 

Shi Xun dashed to help Yi Xing get up again. He exhaled when Yi Xing was finally up. He put his arm on Xiu Min's waist and rested his chin on Xiu Min's shoulder.

 

"This is my mother, Jun Mian-ge."

 

"Your mother? She is so young? I thought she was your sister."

 

"Really?" Xiu Min was shrieking in laugh. Lu Han winced before he talked.

 

"Well, actually, she is my stepmother."

 

Lu Han's eyes bulged as he glanced to Xiu Min. His rabbit ears protruded from his human head. He quickly pulled Jun Mian around to avoid seeing 'his mother'.

 

"I, I'll introduce you to ...."

 

The toad demon was squating before them, looking at them with wide eyes and puffed cheeks.

 

"Ku .... Ku ...."

 

"Er ..., how come he has girl's name?"

 

"Well .... It ..., it's not Kuku. It's Gugu! You now, as a kid, he was so chubby. We called him that and it pretty much sticks until now."

 

"Gugu, nice to meet you."

 

The toad demon  burped. Lu Han quickly pulled Jun Mian around again.

 

"Let's sit down, shall we?"

 

They sat down. Lu Han facepalmed himself in mind when he saw Xiu Min's rabbit ears were still there but now tied. Jun Mian was frowning as he was examining them.

 

"Ahh ..., you are interested in these, huh, Jun Mian-ge? This is the latest fashion item my mother bought. Nice, isn't it?"

 

Jun Mian nodded, face still confused. The rooster demon came to his side and poured wine to his cup.

 

"Coo coo coo coooooooo"

 

Jun Mian darted his sight to the 'servant', looking really surprised.

 

"Hahaha .... Don't be surprised, Ge. He poured you Doodle-do Wine. It'll make you hiccup like a rooster. Coo coo! This bloody servant must have drunk it before!"

 

Jun Mian nodded but his brows creased. Lu Han smiled to him but a second later he noticed that the rooster demon's feet were of his original form. Jun Mian apparently glanced at that too. He was about to turn around before his cheek was halted by Lu Han's soft hand and pushed his face rather hard to straighten himself back.

 

"Jun Mian, my parents want you to look at them when you speak. Come on." Lu Han smiled and tilted his head. Jun Mian smiled unconvincedly and faced Lu Han's parents.

 

"You ...."

 

"You are here to propose today, right, young man?"

 

Jun Mian almost jumped and fell from his seat. His breath came off faster, so did his heartbeat. Lu Han could sense that he was really tensed. He was anticipating the worst to happen, ready to be killed by Lu Han's family.

 

"Ho ..., how do you know that, Ma'am?"

 

"Shi ..., Xun ...."

 

"Shi Xun told us!"

 

Jun Mian looked really pale now. There was a vein protruding on his temple.

 

"Don't worry, we agree with that!"

 

Lu Han could see that Jun Mian almost passed out from the shock of the unexpected response from his 'parents'.

 

"You ..., you do? But, but ..., I am a man ...."

 

"So is our son! But that's alright! We give you our blessing! We love him so much and we don't care who he chooses. As long as he is happy, we always support him!"

 

Jun Mian was speechless, mouth agape, closed, open again. He was very pale, but then the colour came to his face again as he closed his mouth and shook his head really hard. He stood up and straightened his posture.

 

"I am Jun Mian. I am poor and humble. I never dreamed of meeting anyone like Lu Han and won his heart --"

 

Jun Mian touched his cheek. Something slick touched it a second ago. He looked at his surrounding and his gaze fell to Gugu. Gugu burped loudly. Lu Han widened his eyes to the toad demon, trying to send him warning.

 

"I ...," Jun Mian continued, facing Lu Han's parents again, "come here today because I seek your permission ...."

 

As Jun Mian was speaking, another fly was flying on the table. Gugu opened his mouth and launched his tongue to capture it but Lu Han was faster. He grabbed the tongue and threw it back to his owner. Gugu was rolled back and his webbed feet were shown but Jun Mian was too serious to even notice it. Lu Han pulled the toad demon straight up by magic and glared at him.

 

I will cut your tongue if you do that once again!

 

Toad demon nodded, feeling scared of Lu Han's viscious glare.

 

"... to marry Lu Han."

 

Lu Han lifted his face, eyes wide open.

 

"Sir, although I have nothing in possession, nothing in name, I love Lu Han with all my life --"

 

"It's alright! We know that already. You can bring him home! Go! Shoo, shoo!"

 

"Wait! I ..., I also want to say ..., I want to say that Lu Han ...."

 

Shi Xun walked to them fast and stood between them.

 

"My, my .... We know what you want to say, Jun Mian-ge! We are fine with that, just ...."

 

"A moment please, Shi Xun. I want to hear what Jun Mian has to say."

 

"Gege ...."

 

Lu Han nodded assuringly to him and smiled. He kept smiling as he turned to Jun Mian.

 

"Speak please, Jun Mian."

 

"I don't know what I did in the past that Heaven sent you to me to be mine. All I took was a kiss and the wheels of fate turned and brought me to a perfect moment ...."

 

Shi Xun's desperately sighed as he witnessed that all demon started going back to their original form. Yi Xing's skin was turning into green. Xiumin's eyes were getting deep red and his front teeth were getting longer. The toad demon was getting smaller in size while both monkey demon and rooster demon was having their own fur and feather grow back on their body.

 

"... of tenderness and also happiness. From now on, every moment and every second I have, I will spend it beside you to make you happy."

 

Lu Han's eyes glistened upon seeing Jun Mian's solemn face as he vowed to him. He smiled, really wide, ready to cry --

 

"Jun Mian ...."

 

And Jun Mian collapsed to the floor. Fainted.

 

"What?" Lu Han gasped, moving down to put Jun Mian's head on his lap.

 

"Why did you that?" Lu Han snapped to Shi Xun who tapped Jun Mian's nerve on his nape to make him unconscious.

 

"They are reverting to their true self, Ge!"

 

Lu Han looked at his surrounding and gasped when he saw all his friends were in their animal form. As if it was not enough, Chen was running to them and squeaking like crazy.

 

"Danger! Danger! Abbot Yi Fan is here to exorcise us! Escape! Escape!"

 

The demons needed not second warning. They dismissed themselves frantically. Lu Han and Shi Xun looked at each other, worry was on their face.

 

"Gege, get Jun Mian-ge out of this place! I will distract him!"

 

"Are you sure?"

 

"Yes! Find a safe place! I will come and see you later."

 

Lu Han nodded. "Take care, Shi Xun."

 

"I will. I am great anyway."

 

Lu Han grinned worriedly as he was lifting Jun Mian's body. He watched his brother ran to the front building to face the infamous demon hunter. He changed himself into his half snake-half human form and put Jun Mian on his back. Feeling really worried, he dashed to the back of the building and flew to the sky, forcing himself to run away as fast as possible from the battle that was about to ensue.

 

ɷ   ɷ   ɷ   ɷ   ɷ

 

 


June 6, 2014


My God! This was literally the hardest chapter I have composed so far. It was really hard to make the scene of Jun Mian's pledge and confession while describing the scene happening in the background. I hope you guys like it. My fingers cramp like hell and I still have to do the dishes after this ... Sigh ....

 

Schandelierre