Chapter forty one

꽃 Flower
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Soyoung's POV

 

“Sshh!”

Yuna turned around to Kyungsoo and sent him a death glare as his foot accidentally caught on a rock, causing him to topple over with a loud thump.

Kyungsoo grimaced as he rubbed his sore knee and gave Yuna an apologetic gesture before standing up, wincing a little from the pain.

“Be quiet will you?” Yuna hissed yet she slowed down her steps so that she was walking at the same pace as Kyungsoo, “We don’t want to get caught just as we finally got into the palace.”

“Alright, alright.” Kyungsoo patted Yuna’s cloaked head affectionately despite her glares, “Now where do we go?”

“Follow me.” Yuna pulled the cloak further over her head as she grabbed onto Kyungsoo’s arm and soundlessly ran over to a pavilion that made my eyes widen in surprise.

“What’s Yuna doing over at my pavilion?” I whispered to myself as I trailed after the two curiously.

“Now, that bastard of a king is probably inside lamenting his sorrows to the moon or something,” Yuna whispered to Kyungsoo, “And he’s dimwit enough to forbid any guards to come here so there won’t be a soul around for at least a few hundred metres.”

My eyes widened even further.

“How do you know all this, Yuna?” Kyungsoo echoed my thoughts as he gave Yuna a suspicious look.

“Hey, I have my sources.” Yuna shrugged nonchalantly before snapping back into business, “Now listen well to the plan.”

Kyungsoo blew a silent sigh at his bangs yet leaned his ear over to Yuna. I, too, went over to the two and eavesdropped on their hushed conversation.

“Now, whilst Kim Jongin is in there crying, you will sneak up to him and use whatever methods to kill him. Stab him, strangle him, whatever. He’s not strong enough to defeat you singlehandedly.”  

Kyungsoo nodded his head calmly whilst my face turned as white as a ghost.

“Yuna, you are not going to kill him.” I spoke desperately to their deaf ears.

“Then? What next? Is that all?” Kyungsoo rose one eyebrow, “Come on, give me some excitement! Are you telling me, a trained assassin, to do such a boring job?”

Yuna shot Kyungsoo another glare that shut him up.

“Of course that’s not all.” Yuna snapped, “I don’t just want him dead. I want him completely erased from the existence of this universe. Hence why I got you to bring me this.”

A small, deadly smile braced Yuna’s lips as she drew forward the samurai sword that shone dangerously in the moonlight.

I gulped at the sight of the uncanny sword.

“Wow, you’re going full-on out at the emperor, aren’t you?” Kyungsoo shook his head, clearly impressed, “What did he do to make you so mad? Refused to marry you despite you confessing your love- ow!”

Kyungsoo bit his lips to keep his yelp at minimum volume as he clutched onto his knee in pain.

Yuna rolled her eyes and swung the sword in her hand once.

“Are you going to do your job or not?” Yuna eyed Kyungsoo with a slight look of contempt as he rubbed his sore knee, “I thought you were professional.”

“I am. “ Kyungsoo hissed as he stood up from his kneeling position and grabbed the dagger from his pouch, “I’ll get this done in no time.”

“N-no!” I could only yell at thin air as Kyungsoo turned his back on us and began striding inside the pavilion.

Gritting my teeth, I dashed forward after Kyungsoo and attempted to stop him.

But to the expected, my hand only slipped through his arm.

“Aiishh!” I cursed, on the verge of pulling my hair out, “Why are you doing this, Yuna!?”

“Well, well, well. Look what we’ve got here.”

My whole body stiffened at the greasy voice.

*Chen.* My eyes rolled before I could stop them.

“Yup! That’s right, it’s me. The wonderful Chen~”

My eyes narrowed again for the second time as I turned around and shot Chen a disgusted look.

“Did you miss me, darling?” Chen cooed as he scooted cl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter