Chapter three

꽃 Flower
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I wandered around the ‘Unknown’ for the next few hours or so, enjoying the beautiful scenery and the refreshing atmosphere of the 'Unknown' despite the incident nagging at the back of my mind.

Exo M.

I wonder who they are. They sure sounded dangerous from the descriptions of the two guardians and Warrior Yonghwa.

Otherwise, why were they caged?

“Kim Soyoung!”

I jumped as Guardian Seohyun appeared in front of me suddenly, and I was about to ask Guardian Seohyun where she was until I noticed the sad expression on guardian Seohun’s face.

 “What’s wrong?” I asked gently as guardian Seohyun gave me a distant smile.

“Nothing is wrong,” Guardian Seohyun answered calmly, “Will you follow me?”

I blinked slightly as Guardian Seohyun began walking and I followed after her quickly as I glanced up into her face.

Guardian Seohyun was indeed beautiful.

Soft, ebony hair that flowed down to her waist. Pure, transparent skin which seemed to glow, a pair of gentle, misty eyes that seemed like it can melt the hardest rocks and the sweet scent of cherry blossoms that followed her wherever she go.

“What is it?” Guardian Seohyun caught me staring at her, “Is there something on my face?”

“Ah…” I blushed slightly and glanced away, “I was just thinking how beautiful you were.”

“Me?” Guardian Seohyun surprised for a split second before her features softened into a smile. “Thank you.”

I blushed even deeper as I nodded my head, and we walked for a little bit more until we reached a small pond.

“You know,” Guardian Seohyun stopped in front of the pond and gazed into the distance, “This is where I first met warrior Yonghwa.”

“Warrior Yonghwa?” My eyes widened at the familiar name and guardian Seohyun smiled as she gave me a faint nod.

“Neh,” Guardian Seohyun knelt down and picked a white lily off the ground, “I was only an amateur guardian back then, having only been one for a hundred years.”

*A hundred years…* I thought to myself in awe.

“I remember I was standing at this exact spot,” Guardian Seohyun twirled the white lily in her hands gently, “And I was crying over a scolding from my seniors. Just when I was crying, Warrior Yonghwa appeared, he was already an outstanding warrior at the time despite only being one for five hundred years.”

I bit my lips, again not used to how Guardian Seohyun referred hundreds of years as little, yet I remained silent and continued listening on, even though I have no idea why guardian Seohyun was telling me all this.

“He gave me another scolding when he saw me crying which made me cry even harder,” Guardian Seohyun let out a short chuckle, “But after scolding me, he didn’t leave. He just stood there awkwardly, and finally gave me a pat on the shoulder after a few hours of standing there watching me cry.”

Guardian Seohyun’s eyes softened as she spoke, and her cheeks become a rosy pink colour as I felt my heart skip in a painful yet familiar rhythm.

This was how my lord looked like when he used to love me. This is the sort of expression and complexion he had when we spent our many days and nights talking together.

“Is he your husband?” I dared myself to ask as the gentleness in Guardian Seohyun’s eyes disappeared in a flash.

“No,” Guardian Seohyun answered, “He went away to cage the six spirits not long after promising our marriage.”

“What about now?” I didn’t know where

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter