Give Me a Chance

Restoring Faith

"God why am I being treated like this, Channie?!!!"

"Yo yo chill lil' sis, oppa's not understanding you-"

"Well of course you wouldn't understand! You're four hours away from me, idiot! God I'm gonna hang up now!"

Anna couldn't do so much as to huff a breath. Apparently, she's supposed to be out for dinner thirty minutes ago if only she wasn't caught up with ranting on the phone.

Being the only girl, and not to mention the youngest in the family, she really is bound to be arranged to someone by the time she's reached the marrying age. It doesn't help the fact that her only shoulder; her only shield was currently out of reach. Chanyeol's been living in Pain since he was fifteen years old, just old enough to train for battle school. Anna was left alone and the fact that their isn't that big made it even harder for them to cope up with life without each other.

"Anna, come out here! Myungsoo's been waiting for you!"

Her thoughts are broken and she hastily sits up. She doesn't notice that she's been shedding tears now. They weren't out of sadness though, they were more out of rage and irritancy.

"I'm coming!"

She skips down the stairs, wearing her usual long-sleeved baggy sweater and her below the knee skirt. People in Hope weren't much of people who dress quite extravagantly anyway. Her hair's up in a messy bun, her cheeks a little red by keeping herself from shouting out of rage.

"What took you so long?", her mother asks, as she makes her way to her seat. She internally scoffs as Myungsoo's sitting in front of her in a white crisp long-sleeved dress shirt and black pants. After their encounter from three days ago, Myungsoo's been "visiting" her, (she like to call it pestering), as part of his "courtship" which is technically not needed since they're both technically engaged.

"I talked to Chanyeol," she says, and she takes note of the way Myungsoo gazes at her with a satisfied smirk.

"You look lovely, Anna," Myungsoo compliments her, but she only scoffs in response.

"By the way, son, how is Chanyeol doing?", her father speaks up and looks at Myungsoo with a questioning gaze. Chanyeol wasn't really someone whom their father's fond off. First, Chanyeol wanted to be a scientist, but since their father was somewhat an "alumni" at battle school, he wanted Chanyeol to follow his footsteps. Second, Chanyeol is second to oppose Anna's marriage, after Anna herself.

"He's been improving a lot every day, sir. Being with the head's son every day does him advantages. I guess being the head's son's apprentice really does-"

"It's called being the head's son's friend, moron."

"Anna, watch your mouth!"

Myungsoo looks at Anna and smiles a little, "My bad, sir and madam. I didn't mean to offend-"

"Oh, no! No, dear. It's Anna's fault for having such a vulgar mouth."

Anna's fists are clenched tightly under the table. Her patience is running low. Myungsoo looks at her as if she's one whom he could easily manipulate. Her father could only cluck his tongue in disapproval. She doesn't care. She'll never care.

She's been living up the way her parents want her to be for the past twenty-one years. But now, she's had enough. She's not going to let her parents dictate her, more so her marriage life. She stands up hastily, mumbles an "excuse me" before leaving the dining table to go up her room.

Once she's inside her room, she locks the door and quickly dives in her bed, grabbing her pillow and shouting out her lungs onto it.

"God I hate this!"

She hears a soft knock and she slowly sits up.

"Anna," Myungsoo calls, making her cringe in disgust.

"What do you want?"

"Your mom said I should talk to you. Let me in," Myungsoo says on the other side of the door. She groans before standing up. She opens the door and is greeted by his wide smile.

"What-"

She gets pushed back, and she stumbles to her bed. Myungsoo locks the door before walking near her. She instinctively backs away, only to be hit by her headboard.

"Anna, you don't have to be so closed towards me," Myungsoo crawls towards her, his eyes twinkling with mischief as Anna grabs hold of her blanket.

"Get away from me, jerk."

Myungsoo's in front of her. He grabs a handful of Anna's hair and kisses it.

"Why don't you ever notice me for once, Anna?"

Her brows scrunch up in confusion.

"What are you talking about?"

"Why aren't you noticing me? Why don't you look at me?"

Now she's really confused. Myungsoo grabs hold of her and snakes both of his arms around her back to bury her in an embrace.

"Wh-"

"Anna," Myungsoo calls, "Anna Park, when will you ever notice me?"

She pushes him away, "get out, freak!"

"Anna, listen to me," Myungsoo takes hold of both her shoulders before she could push him away again. She takes note of how his voice sounds so soft now, as if broken, and she's compelled to listen.

"L, right? What's wrong with you?"

Myungsoo lets go of her and backs away a little, as if giving back her private space.

"I'm sorry, I-I," Myungsoo chuckles in embarrassment, "I get so nervous when I'm around you t-that I-"

"You what?" now it's Anna's turn to laugh, "You must be kidding, right? Is this a joke or something?"

Thanks to Anna's dark room, she doesn't see his reddened face. He stands up quickly, "right, I was joking, Good bye, Anna. I-I mean good night."

Anna could only stare at his retreating figure in amusement, "Huh, must have a split personality or something." She shrugs her shoulders one last time before lying down. A few minutes later, she receives a message on her tracker:

I'm sorry, Anna. I'm not as bad as you think. Please, give me a chance.

Give us a chance?

-L


Chapter six is up.

Stay tuned, yes? ♥