Time - Wu Kris

Restoring Faith

The Wu family had been of great help to the advancement of anything related to science. Actually, the Wu family had been putting up their legacy as the ones who invented the Weed Works, now wide-spread in the entire island ring. Not only does the Weed Works help people with, well, technically their weed works, the family also introduced this invention to the "royal" family in Faith as the newest breakthrough of Science.

The Weed Works practically just helps in avoiding the growth of weeds.

Kris, however, wasn't a man of science. He was never into reasoning; into discovering. He wanted to be able to enjoy everything around him just the way they were -- no reasons needed at all, and no barriers in which prevents him from having a little fun once in a while. His younger brother Kyungsoo though, was a die-hard fan of Science. And although the two get along just fine, there were instances where they would argue -- related to Science or not.

"Dad says you're stupid for believing in something not because of their scientific existence."

"Well dad can think whatever he likes, I'm not changing who I am."

"I hate you sometimes, Kris. If only I were the oldest of this family, I would gladly take over dad's office."

"Well then go ahead, Kyungsoo. I don't plan on leading a boring life anyway. And it's Kris-hyung to you, smartmouth."

"Science is not boring!"

Simply put, that being the oldest son, Kris was expected to be in the line of his great father -- to break the barriers and confines of the human mind and into the great realm of anything that's possible, with the help of Science, of course.

No wishes, no hopes, and no feelings.

"Wishing is a waste of time", he'd always have to remind himself with the words of his own father whenever he tried to step out of the boundaries of Science and into the world of colors, of hopes, and of dreams.

His life always consisted of reasons, reasons, and more reasons.

If he felt sad, he'd always have to blame his stupid mind into making him think he was sad. Good thing he's never fallen in love, or else there would be a lot of explaining to do.

"Kris," his dad calls out to him as he lays on top of his bed, eyes gazing his star-filled ceiling. It soothes him just fine -- and the stars seem to be the only thing which could bring him at peace... when everything around him seemed to get out of control. That's why he never relied everything to Science...

...because he believes that there are things better left intriguing the mind of a person -- leaving that person with something to ponder on; something to make him curious and eager to find an answer to... without having to run to Science for help.

"Kris," he hears his father's slightly-irritated voice and he's forced to sit up, "yeah?"

"I've been calling you for ten times. Are you disoriented or something? Should I make you tea? It calms down your-"

"Dad," he cuts off, "I'm fine."

"Well then show me you are."

He internally groans because , here we go again.


"Kris, honey, would you call Kyungsoo for dinner?," his mom asked, making him stop poking his peas and stand up for the staircase. When he's up enough, he hears his father say, "I don't understand that son of yours."

He scoffs under his breath as he continues to listen.

"You don't need to understand him, Kristoff, you just have to believe in him."

"Believe in him?", his father asked inredously, "how can I if he doesn't even make an effort to show me that I can trust him with everything I've worked hard for? I can't just throw everything aside just because I don't have a son who's going to continue them for me."

Kris scoffs yet again, I'm not asking for you to. Once I'm old enough, I'll go to Faith and stay there. I never wanted to be here anyway.

"I wish he'd stop being so stubborn and be more-"

Say it.

"- like his brother Kyungsoo. I can picture a future for Kyungsoo at the Sterling Council, but I can't for that stubborn son of yours."

And as always, Kris would tighten his grip on Kyungsoo's doorknob without knocking on it.

Call your son to dinner by yourself,  and he'll make his way to his room and lock himself out of the hideous house he's forced to call a home -- far from the taunting voice of his stepfather.


Chapter two is up.

Stay tuned, yes? ♥