Wish Granted

When Min Ho Met Shin Hye
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

It was Min Ho who ended up  granting his girlfriend's wish.

"Are you sure that this is what you want to do?"  Min Ho asked her.  He was hoping she would say no.

"Be very, very sure. Think about it carefully.  This is a big decision that's going to affect the both of us."  He was trying to come with come up with something, anything to persuade her to say no.

Shin Hye was smiling at him.  Her was happiness shining through her eyes.  "Yes.  This is what I want do.  Thank you, Oppa."

He let out a dejected sigh.  He didn't want to do this.   This went against every instinct in his body.  He was a selfish person.  He didn't want to be noble.  But this was what Shin Hye wanted, what she needed.  And he, poor sap that he was, wanted to make her happy.

"All right.  It's a deal.  But only for one month."  He had just given her her freedom, time away from him, time to let go of Cha Eun Sang and get back to being Park Shin Hye.  

He was an complete idiot.

When he came up with the idea, he had reasoned it all out in his head.  They were both tied up with schedules for the the next month. Due to their popularity and the popularity of The Heirs, they were both getting love calls and CF offers that would take up most of their time.  They wouldn't have time to see each other.  Plus there would be no dating rumors since they weren't going to try to sneak out to meet.

He thought it would be loving gesture to show her how much he cared about her.

He was an idiot. This was a dumb-, lame-brained idea.  One of his worse yet.

Whoever coined the phrase if you love something set it free, blah, blah, blah,  He was also an idiot. If you love someone, lock them up was a much better idea.

But he couldn't take it back now.  She was happy.  Her whole face lit up when he made the offer.

She was still  smiling at him, now.  A silly, happy smile.  

"Couldn't you be at least a little upset about it?  You're not going to see me for a whole month.  You should at least pretend to be devastated or something to soothe my ego."  He grumbled.

"I am sad, of course I am.  But devastated? Isn't that just a bit dramatic?"  She laughed. He was regretting his offer already, she could tell.

"What if I meet someone between now and then?"  He tried to bluff her.

"What if I meet someone between now and then?"  She parried, calling his bluff.

"I'll hunt you down and lock you up and throw away the keys."  He told her.

"Such a chauvinist."   The man has gotten pouting down to an art.  He was so cute when he pouted.  How was she going to survive for a month without seeing him, without talking to him? She must be crazy.

"Are you going to be locked in with me?"  She countered sweetly.

"Why do you have to cut me off?  Can't we send texts to each other, at least?"  He didn't want to have a complete break. It was going to be hard enough not seeing her. He depended on those text messages to keep him sane. That wasn't even part of his offer.  She negotiated that one.

"Why are you determined to make me, us suffer for a month?" He whined.

"I'm not."  She would be suffering.  She didn't want to see him suffer, but she needed to do this, she needed to spend time without any of his influence.

"You may not, but I will be."  He whined again.  He was going to be miserable.  He was a fool for falling for a cold hearted girl.

"I just think we need to find ourselves again, shed the roles of Kim Tan and Cha Eun Sang.  Be Lee Min Ho and Park Shin Hye."  She was always so immersed in her roles that she lost sight of her true self, even when the character she played was unlike her true personality.  In this case, it was moreso, because he was still calling her Cha Eun Sang.

"How many times do I have to tell you that Kim Tan and Lee Min Ho are the same?  I know who I am."  Kim Tan helped him rediscovered a hidden facet of Lee Min Ho.  A more carefree Lee Min Ho. He had found a new passion for life and determination for love and happiness.

"Oppa, do you want to take back your offer?"  Shin Hye was feeling unsure.   She didn't want to make the decisions and if he regretted his offer, she wouldn't hold him to it.

She was teetering on giving in and not cut off all ties.  She knew that she was going to be lost without seeing him everyday. But, she also knew that she needed to do this for herself, for her peace of mind.  Playing a role, living someone elses life was fun, but it was not who she really was.  She needed to be Park Shin Hye again.

Neither of them were loners by nature.  Spending  time with her family and friends would her bring her back down to earth.  She needed to go back to her routine and normalness of life.  She suspected he needed to do the same but he hadn't gotten around to thinking about it.  This one month break would be good for the both of them.

She was worried about how he would feel about her once he goes back to the bosom of friends and family.  Would he realize that she wasn't what he wanted?  Would she be just a drama flirtation?  He would forget about her while she yearned for what might have been.  

"No. We made a deal."  He understood what she needed and why she needed it.  He should just give in graciously, but he was eaten up by the possibil

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter