CHAPTER 1: VACATION

UNMASKED - ONE SHOTS

MIRHO

“Sign here, and here, and here.” Mireu was a few signatures away from her long awaited vacation. She’s now in her 2nd year of college and is about to enjoy her semestral break. She’s finishing her clearance today.

“You seem so excited for vacation Mireu-ssi” Her adviser was chuckling at her expression. She looks like a little girl who saw her favorite ice cream.

“Yes I am Lee seoseng-nim.” She replied with a smile plastered on her face.

“We’re going to Jeju this year.”  Both Mireu and her adviser looked at the voice who answered for her.

“Oppa, I thought you’ve got something to do so you went ahead?” Mireu gave Seungho a peck on the cheek when he came towards them.

“Baby, I told you I’ll take you back, remember?” Mireu facepalmed herself. Seungho then ruffled her hair. The scene earned a laugh from the teacher.

“Are you sure you two aren’t together?” She asked non-chalantly.

“Of course we’re not Seng! He’s like, no, he is my big brother.” Mireu replied while Seungho nodded.

“If you say so. But honestly, you look good together.”

“I know. With a guy as good looking as me, I’m sure anyone would be looking good.” Mireu laughed and gave him a high five.

“Good one oppa!” The teacher just laughed. The two bid goodbye and shortly, they got into Seungho’s car.

“Oppa, I think I’m the good looking one.” Mireu said out of the blue. Seungho just shook his head and chuckled.

“Maybe we both are baby. That’s why we look good together.” He winked at Mireu, making her blush. Good thing she wore more make up today.

 

CHEUNHEE

“Cheunnie? I got ramen!” Byunghee knocked before opening the door of the house next door. He decided to bring over some ramen when he knew about his “bestfriend’s” cold.

“Don’t come in! You’ll catch my cold!” He could hear Cheun Ah’s stuffy voice from inside her room. He chuckled and proceeded anyway. The room was dark. All the window curtains were closed and the lamp on the side table was turned off.

“Cheunnie, you’re room feels stuffy. Just like your nose, I imagine.” Byunghee laughed and opened the curtains, which earned a slight groan from her.

“Oppa, it’s too bright. It stings my eyes.” She replied, covering her face with the blanket.

“It’s because you keep on hiding yourself in here. Come out to the kitchen and I’ll prepare the ramen.” Byunghee left, probably to the kitchen. Cheun Ah got up and faced the mirror.

“I look like crap.” She whined at herself and brushed her hair. She took a warm bath and got dressed before leaving for the kitchen.

She saw Byunghee preparing the ramen in separate bowls and smiled. They’ve been bestfriends for a year now. In a few months, they’ll be graduating. Let’s be bestfriends until then. She remembered him say a few months ago. She can’t help but expect being more than bestfriends with him.

“Hey? Snap out of it Cheunnie.” He gave out a loud chuckle. She can’t help but do the same. She really enjoys his company. She doesn’t get bored whenever he’s around.

“It’s the colds. It takes me out on a daze.” He patted her head and pulled out a chair for her. She muttered thanks and sat. He took the chair beside her and sat down.

“Here, I’ll feed you. You seem really weak even if you’re laughing now.” He said as he caressed her hair before offering her a spoonful of ramen.

“I hope this cold will leave me in time for Jeju.” She pouted before sipping the ramen’s soup.

 

DOOSEOB

“Hey babe. Are you excited for Jeju?” Doojoon s her arm around her girlfriend’s shoulder. They were at their favorite hangout place, the park.

“Yeah. I’ll be done with my ojt in two days’ time.” Seobie nodded as she smiled. She’s doing her ojt for almost 2 months now. It’s still part of their academic grades. Just as always, she’s on top of the class.

Doojoon has been as sweet as ever. He acts like he’s still courting her, just like before. He brings her to and fro from school. He brings her flowers if not every day, at least 3 times a week. Seobie on the other hand, became more outgoing and adventurous. She goes with him when he plays sports and even cheers for him – by that, shouting.

“I’ll be waiting for you later after your shift, neh?” Doojoon leaned down and pecked her forehead. Seobie nodded and smiled at him.

“Should we head back? It’s getting hot already.” Seobie said as she looked up the sky. They decided to hangout at the nearby ice cream parlor before going home.

“After you beauty.” She smiled brightly and pecked his cheek.

“Thanks beast.” She entered and went straight to the counter. She was looking at the flavors when he walked behind her and leaned her chin on her shoulder.

“Babe, you’re head is heavy.” She teased. He grinned and put more weight on her shoulder.

“Yah, I’ll pay for this if you won’t stop.” She laughed as Doojoon pouted and took out some money. Being the gentleman he is, he wouldn’t make a lady pay, specially his beauty.

They stayed there for a while, laughing at each other’s lame jokes and simple mistakes. They have always been happy whenever they were together. After an hour or so, they decided to leave the shop and walk for a few more minutes before heading home.

 

 It’s summer and they can’t wait for their Jeju vacation.

 

TTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

So guys, how’s this for starters? I hope you liked it! :3