Ch 5:Party Time!

Royal Blood

pizap.com14038056658021.jpg

Chapter 5

Party Time!

 

    The extravagant house had colorful lights emitting from the windows, the sounds of teens cheering, and blasting music that made the whole house shake and bounce.

Zane stood awkwardly with his drink in hand as Max went off to dance to the music. Zane was afraid to drink the drink he had. It had a smell of alcohol in it, and due to how everyone was acting, he knew it was spiked.

Milo played his guitar a few rooms over with a few other guitar enthusiasts, trying to see who could play the best and most difficult songs. There many guitars of different sorts to make different styles of music. It was guitar heaven in a room.

Luna and Dennis were dancing together to the music, causing envy to flame within Jake. He wanted to push Dennis away from her and dance with her, but he knew he couldn’t. “I’ll be back.” Luna said with a light giggle before leaving her boyfriend.

Dennis turned and saw Jake standing there with an envious look on his face, “Aw. Is little baby Jake jealous?”

“Shut up Dennis.”

“Make me. Wuss.”

Anger flared within Jake, “I don’t even know how a guy like you could end up with a girl like her.”

Dennis snorted, “You’re just mad I got the girl and you didn’t. Listen kid. Stay away from my girlfriend. You might infect her with your germs.”

“You sorry excuse for a human being why don’t you-”

“E-hem.” Luna coughed.

“Oh Luna. I-I didn't see you there.” Jake awkwardly. He knew Luna had already disliked him. He could only hope she heard the previous argument.

“Well i did see you being a very big jerk to one of the sweetest guys I know.” Okay so she didn’t.

“No. No. Luna it’s not what it seems. He-”

“I don’t want to hear it.” She stopped him, “You’re always a bully to Dennis when he’s one of the sweetest guys on Earth.” Luna took Dennis’s hand, “Let’s go somewhere else babe.”

With a smile on his face, Dennis nodded, “Yeah let’s go somewhere else. He’s been hurting my feelings since you left.” As they walked away, Dennis turned and stuck his tongue out at Jake. Luna was completely oblivious to the action.

Jake growled and pulled at his hair, “Why did she have to walk in at the wrong time? I’m not like what she thinks I am.” He sighed heavily and turned his attention to the stage where a show was beginning. “Ugh where's Milo!" Jake said stomping off to find him. Jake was looking through the different rooms and found Milo. Milo had his guitar in one hand and a beer in the other.

Milo saw Jake’s face and knew something  “Wow um Jake just let me uh-”

“Save it Mi! I-I’m gonna go.”

“Guys I got to go.” Milo said placing his beer down and going after his brother.

“Jakey wait.”

 

* * *

Amber and Kris arrived in the midst of the wild partying. Amber bobbed her head to the fast paced music, “It’s been a while since I’ve been to a party like this.” She stretched her arms and made her way to the dance floor, Kris following close behind. “Amber.” He said over the loud music, “What are we supposed to do here?” Amber jumped with the crowd to the music, “Just dance!” She said gleefully.

A friend of Amber’s approached her with three microphones, “Yo Ambro wanna get up on stage. You can call your buddy up too.” He tossed the microphones to them and took one for himself.

Kris held up the microphone, “Amber, what is this object?” He tapped it to see if it did anything. “It’s a microphone. If you sing in it, it’ll make you really loud.”

“Wait. Sing? You’re going to sing in this thing?”

"Yeah, we both are. Now what song?"

Kris tapped his chin, “The song Like a G6 is popular in this world right?”

“Yeah it is. You know how to sing it?” Kris smiled and nodded, “I do.”

“Well let’s go!” She grabbed his hand and pulled him to the stage.

Her friend that had handed them the microphones was up on the stage by the DJ, “Wassup everybody!” The crowd cheered. The music began to play and Amber began rapping. Kris wasn’t sure what to do as Amber and her friend were rapping and dancing on the stage. People from every room came out to join the sea of people around the stage partying to the music.

Amber jumped off the stage to pull people from the crowd to the stage.

Kris and Amber’s friend did the same as the song continued. By the time they were back on, Jake, Zane, Luna, and Milo were on stage with them.

Kris looked and saw it was everyone he was looking for. The people he came to find were all on this stage with him.

A few shrieks were heard and the music stopped. Shouts from police were heard as uniformed men with flashlights began to break through the crowd.

“RUN!” Amber shouted. Jake had grabbed onto to Luna and his brother’s hand before running after Amber. Kris knew he couldn’t lose them, so he grabbed Zane’s arm and pulled him after the group ran.

“We are not getting caught by the cops again!” Jake shouted to Milo.

“Just follow me guys!” Amber said hopping out a window.

* * *

    The group had managed to escape the police and were now trying to run as fast as they could to a safe hiding place. The sight of the abandoned building came into view and Amber knew where to take them.

    Once they made it to the front porch, Amber and Kris quickly pulled them in.

The group lied on the ground panting heavily at their run. After the rush had passed over, Luna and Zane began to have realizations.

“Oh my god! I left Max!”

“I left Sam and Dennis! Oh no They’re gonna be so mad!”

“Mrs.Mendez is gonna kill me!”

“How could I have left my boyfriend to get arrested?’

“I have to go back!”

“I have to go back!”

Jake and Milo pulled the two back, “And get arrested too? Yeah. No. Look just stay here, I’m sure they were just sent home with a lot of trouble. I know they were probably not drinking like everyone else.” Milo reassured them.

The two struggled and whined but eventually gave in and stayed.

* * *

    After a time of sitting around in silence, Amber broke the ice, “Hey guys, why don’t we go on the roof? It’s nice tonight.” The other exchanged glances and agreed, the group making their way up the stairs to the roof.

    Milo pulled out his guitar, “How about a song for the night?”

    Milo strummed his guitar and began singing a little tune. As everyone listened to him sing. “Wow he’s really good.” Amber whispered to Kris.

    A spark of envy struck within Kris. Why was he envious of Milo? He shook his head to clear his mind but he couldn’t get it out of his head.

    Zane shivered, “Hey Amber its a little chilly. Have any jackets or something?”

    “I got blankets.”

    “That’ll work.”

    Luna was inside pacing worriedly. She was clueless on the whereabouts of her brother and boyfriend. Jake came in and saw her worried expression, “Luna? Is everything okay?” Luna stomped her foot, “No its not okay! I’m so worried and I can’t find out.” Jake pulled her in for a hug, “It’s okay. I’m sure it won’t be as bad as you think.” though Jake was secretly hoping Dennis had received a boatload of troubles.

Luna was too clouded with thoughts to even think about Jake hugging her. She hugged him back and took deep breaths to calm herself as Jake softly her hair.

At this point the only there were only two left on the roof were Kris and Milo. “So. How long have you been playing guitar?” She asked. Milo shrugged, “I dunno.  8, maybe 9, years.” Kris internally cringed. He saw how Amber liked Milo’s playing.

Jealousy arose within him again. He wasn’t talented at anything at all. He’d spent nearly his whole life as a servant to the Shadow King.

Amber left through the window leaving it open but suddenly there was a slam behind the two boys and they saw the window had slammed shut and latched itself. Jake and Luna had seen it too, and ran to the window to open it back up. To their amazement, they couldn’t open it. Jake began to punch at the window as he saw mysterious, shadowed figures float in behind the boys, “MILO! MILO! TURN AROUND!” He screamed, but Milo and Kris could hear nothing.

Amber and Zane had heard the noise and ran to the room, dropping everything they were carrying to try and help Jake and Luna.

The second the boys turned around and saw the shadowed figures, they flew at the boys to capture them. Kris pulled out a knife from his shoe, that glowed brilliantly like the sun.

The shadowed figures screamed and shrieked, flying away as quickly as possible. But they hadn’t gone empty handed. Milo kicked and screamed as the figures carried him off, “LET GO! HELP! SOMEONE HELP ME!” His voice faded with the distance until he was heard no longer.

* * *

    Jake and Luna were both screaming at the top of their lungs as they watched their friend disappear, “Oh my god Milo just got taken by weird shadow things!” Luna shrieked.

“You’re worried?! That’s my brother!” Jake panicked and worriedly paced around the room.

    “I can’t lose him. . . He’s the only family I have left.” He quivered fighting back tears.  But even so, a tear rolled down his cheek. Luna saw and immediately calmed herself,

“J-Jake?” He wiped his cheek as more tears threatened to fall,

“I’m fine.” She softly hugged him,

“Don’t worry. He’ll be okay.” She said softly in comfort.

    Amber pried the window open and pulled Kris into the house, “Kris what the hell was that?” Kris tucked the dagger back into his shoe.

    “The shadow wraiths, made from the victims of the Shadow king. He must have found out I came to this world.”

    “THE WHAT’S!” Luna and Jake shouted in unison. Zane stood awkwardly in the room unsure what to do as the others were freaking out.

    “Kris you have some explaining to do…” Zane said softly. Amber nodded, “Explain everything you can. Jake, what Kris says could help us get your brother back.”

 

The group sat on the ground around Kris, waiting for him to explain further about the monsters. “Those monsters out there, that took your brother, they’re shadow wraiths. In the land I came from, before going to find you all, it’s ruled by the shadow king. The country has lived in darkness for years since the four great royal families disappeared. I’ve been having dreams about you all. Every night its something knew. I had to find you all. I don’t know why but I just did. There has to be a reason I saw you all right? So I ran for days and travelled here. Now we’re here and Milo has been taken by the shadow wraith.”

It took a moment for the group to process the information they had received. Jake spoke first,

“So my brother… Will he die?” He said softly and worriedly.

Kris shook his head, “I’m quite sure he won’t. He hadn’t killed me in the entire time I was his servant and I don’t even know why. He will probably keep Milo prisoner. But I will warn you he won’t be treated well. And those buffoons who took him probably thought he was me, so the king won't be happy and that those wraiths will be back. ”

With that, the heaviness in Jake’s heart had lightened tremendously. The last thing he wanted was to be completely alone without the guidance of his big brother. He was all Jake had left in the world.

Jake stood abruptly, “Well then let’s go get my brother back!” He said without thinking. The only thing he wanted was to get his brother back.

“Jake im sorry and all but this is way too crazy! I’m not sure if I believe what’s happening is happening. But if so, im not going to go chasing some monsters. I’m not going to be a part of this.” Luna said firmly.

“As well as I.” Zane said.

“So that’s it you’re just going to let my brother rot in a cell! You saw those things take him! Obviously, what Kris is saying is true!” Jake shouted, not wanting to give up the fight.

“Guys, guys we all need to return to the homes so the folks don’t get worried and we need rest. Lets all meet up at the school place you go to. Deal?” Kris planned.

“Fine whatever bye!” Luna said walking out with Zane.

“Come on Kris, you can come with me and pretend to be Milo in bed.”

“Of course but Amber will you be alright on your way home?”

Amber grabbed her board, “Yeah I’ll be fine. They won’t even notice I was out late.” She smiled warily and held a thumbs up before leaving the building.

Jake walked over to Milo's guitar and clenched it tight. He let out a huge sigh. "Mi-o-Milo. . ."

"Come on Jake." Kris said, softly pushing Jake along to get home.

* * *

    Once they were able to sneak back into the house, the boys jumped into their beds. “Kris. If anyone comes in, start snoring softly. They’ll think you’re alseep.” Jake said tucking himself in. But it wasn't the same, Milo tucked Jake in every night. Jake just stared at the ceiling but he couldn't fall asleep and he couldn’t stop replaying Milo's capturing over and over in his head.

    “Kris?” Jake whispered. Kris, who was facing the wall, whispered back, “Yes Jake?” Jake hugged his pillow tightly, “We need to save Milo. . ."

"I know Jake, but get a good night sleep. It'll help. To be honest this is my first bed in a while. I'm used to sleeping on the cold floor."

"Wow. So you really were a prisoner all your life?"

"Yes, except for the first few years but otherwise yes." Kris pulled the blanket over his shoulders, “Get some sleep Jake. Goodnight.” He said before sleep closed his eyes.

Even so, Jake couldn’t sleep, for his mind was filled with worries for his brother. "The last thing I said was "Save it Mi." I didn't even get to say bye the last take I spoke to him it was In anger."

* * *

Jake wasn't the only one who couldn't sleep. Luna laid snug in her bed, too, starting at the ceiling. She couldn't sleep because of what happened that night. She couldn't believe what happened. She didn't know what to believe. But she did know one thing, that boy was taken. His brother is now left alone. She knew that if it had been Sam, she had to do something. She then thought of Jake. And how she said she didn't want anything to do with them and didn't want to help. She kept replaying that whole moment over and over in her head.

She tossed and turned and one of her roommates said, "Hey loony stop movin' and go to sleep!"

“Sorry. Sorry.” She said quietly, trying to lie still.

She debated whether to meet up with them tomorrow or not.

She sat up and whispered to herself, "I need a nice glass of milk."