Ch 3:Icecream... fight!

Royal Blood

pizap.com13960727326092.jpg

(Jake and Dennis)

Chapter 3

Ice Cream. . .Fight!

    

 

A spoonful of ice cream flew in Jake’s direction, hitting him right in the forehead. Dennis smirked, satisfied with his work. Jake’s face turned red as he took a spoonful of his own ice cream, flinging a spoonful back at Dennis.

    Dennis stopped smirking the second the ice cream landed in his hair, “This boy…” He muttered under his breath. He they got another spoonful and flung it but this time hitting Amber.

    “The hell!” Amber stood up, causing her seat to fall back. Without moving, her ice cream cup flew off the table in Dennis’s direction, but he dodged it and it ended up hitting Zane.

    “ICE CREAM FIGHT!” Max yelled flinging some of his ice cream. His hit Milo in the face. Milo gasped at the sudden ice cream splatting on his face before throwing a handful back, Amber helping him out.

Dennis grabbed a handful of ice cream and walked over to Jake smearing it all over his hair. Furious, Jake stood up grabbed his hand full but the soft ice cream had turned as hard as solid ice would be. He threw it at Dennis causing him to fall backwards crashing into a table with all the ice cream falling on his head.

“Ha! Dennis you like that!” Jake hissed. But all was silent. Jake looked around and all the ice cream throwing stopped.

Jake turned around to see Luna. “Oh! Denny!” She said rushing to his side.

“Jake, he pushed me all because I said was hello.” Dennis said, innocently looking at Luna with puppy eyes, feigning that he was hurt.

“Oh SHUT UP DENNIS! Thats a complete li-” Milo started when Jake stopped him.

“Come on Luna lets go.” He said as he stood his ground.

“OH NO! no one is going anywhere until the cops get here!” The shop owner yelled. The eight teens exchanged worried glances at each other. “Everyone! RUN!” Amber shouted. She jumped over the table pushing Milo and Jake ahead of her. She grabbed Zane and Sam’s arms, “I need someone to do my homework kid.” She joked as she ran out of the shop. “Hey! Get back here!” The shop owner shouted.

The eight ran out thinking they would make it out, but only ended up running into the police. They officers roughly grabbed their arms, “Are these the ones?” They asked the shop owner. The owner nodded and the group was dragged away.

 

* * *

    “YOU TWO IDIOTS! FIRST YOU SLEEP IN AND DON'T FULFILL YOUR PUNISHMENT BUT NOW YOU GO AND SNEAK OUT, CAUSING A FOOD FIGHT!” Mr. Gusterson yelled furiously. “IF DENNIS HAD NOT HAVE FOLLOWED YOU THERE. . .”

    “Oh no! Dennis did not follow us we followed hi-” Milo said angrily but before he could finish he was slapped across the face.

    “Shut up you ungrateful, spoiled orpha-AAAAAAAH!” Mr. Gusterson some how was pushed down the flight of stairs.

    Milo looked at Jake. But Jake was shaking and couldn't stop looking at his hand which were wide open.

    “Jake? Um did. . .you just. . .do that?”

    “I - I don't know! I just got mad and I exploded. It felt like a gust of wind shot out of my hands!”

    Shortly after, all the other boys ran up the stairs with Dennis at the front of them. “You too are in soooo much trouble! And dont worry i just called the cops!”

 

* * *

    Amber threw her skateboard on the bed once she got home. The caretaker on her heels, “I was in the middle of an interview with couples and I get a call from the police! That couple from this morning wanted a teenage girl to adopt and you’re off causing trouble! I was just about to suggest you until I had to explain the only teenager here is off in an ice cream fight!”

    Amber’s eyes widened, “They wanted a teenager? No couple ever wants a teenager.” The caretaker let out an exasperated breath, “Well they did! You were so much of an idiot now you lost your only chance!”Amber shook her head. “It wouldn’t matter anyway. They’d probably not like the record I have. My reputation isn’t the best.”

    The caretaker sighed and said quietly, “Amber what will we do with you…” She turned and left the room.

Tears began to form in Amber’s eyes. The one time the possibility of being adopted came, she couldn’t take it. A tear ran down her cheek and the lamp on her desk flew across the room. She fell back with wide eyes at the now smashed lamp. “Amber?” The caretaker started running up the stairs. Amber stayed still, frozen in fear, but the door slammed shut on its own and locked itself.

“Amber? Amber!” The caretaker knocked on her door hurriedly, “Amber? Amber open up!”

“W-what just happened…” Amber whispered to herself.

* * *

    “Ah Zane, Zane, Zane, what will I do with you.” Mrs. Mendez said pacing back and forth. Mrs. Mendez was the caretaker at Zane and Max’s Orphanage. She was a very short and a tad wide hispanic woman. She had a heavy accent and when she talked fast you couldn't understand her. She was very, very kind hearted though and doesn't stay mad for long.

    “No computer for a month. Understand?”

    “Ah man. . . Yes I understand.” Zane groaned.

 

* * *

    The caretaker paced impatiently back and forth, “I’m very disappointed  in you two, Luna and Sam.” The two stood next to each other, hands behind their backs, looking down. “We’re sorry.” Sam said, apologizing for both him and Luna. “This wouldn’t have happened if it wasn’t for that jerk, Jake. Picking on my boyfriend…” Luna grumbled unhappily.

    Sam looked at Luna, “But Luna… Dennis threw ice cream at Jake first…” He said softly. Luna stomped her foot, “No way! Did you see Dennis? He was on the floor covered in ice cream. You’ve always hated Dennis. You’re only saying that because you don’t want me to date him anymore.”

    Sam pouted, “Hey! You can’t always blame me when it doesn’t go your way.” Luna sent him a glare, “Well-”

    “ENOUGH!” The caretaker shouted over the bickering teens. She took a deep breath, “Both of you go to your rooms. You’re grounded for a month. No TV or internet as well.” The two groaned, “Yes Ma’am…” They said before dragging their feet on the way up to their rooms.

* * *

    Ice cream was flying, eight teenagers in an ice cream shop, a boy that looked around his age turned and looked at him, “Kris. Hurry and find us. Time is ticking.”

    Kris awoke with a start, confused as to what he saw. He had never been outside the castle. He had never seen things like an ice cream shop. Just the halls of the castle of which he was worked down to the bone for and the cold, damp dungeon cell of which he slept in.

    The prison guard came by, banging loudly on the iron door, “Rise and shine Ryder! You’ve got work to do for the master!” Kris sighed and got up. Quickly getting ready to go work.

    For 14 years he lived in this prison. Serving the king of a land covered with shadows. Many starved due to no sunlight, for without sunlight there was no way to grow their food. The boy followed the guards up the steps to the the King’s quarters. Staying quiet as he served him his breakfast.

    One of the castle guards ran into the room, kneeling down, “Your majesty. There is an uprising at the gates. They request you come down as soon as possible.” The king quickly stood, “Clean this up, boy. And don’t think of trying to escape.” The king waved his hand and shadows of people formed by the door.

    The king was a sorcerer that possessed powers to manipulate the shadows. Kris knew how powerful the sorcerer king was. He had tried to escape numerous times, but failed each time. He wanted to leave. He longed to leave the castle walls and run through the streets. But he could do nothing.

    But the dreams he had every night. The same boy telling him to hurry and find them, the blonde and blue haired girl sitting alone always silent and thinking to herself, the brothers with their struggles, and the boy and girl always hand kjin hand. He felt the need to find these people. His thoughts wouldn’t quiet down if he didn’t.

    He opened the window of the room, letting the wind into the room. Kris looked back at the shadow guards, lifelessly staring ahead. He looked down out the window. The ground was a dizzying drop away. To the left, vines were growing up the castle wall. Kris took these into consideration. They looked strong enough to support his weight. He knew every guard nearby had gone to handle the riot. He heard the screams of village people. He knew at this point half of the guards must have been there by now.

    Kris took a deep breath before grabbing a vine and swinging his legs over out the window. He quickly climbed down the wall. He could hear the shadow guards shouting for backup.

    He jumped onto a nearby balcony, running into the room and down the stairs.

    “There he is! Get him!” Kris turned and saw the guards a few stories above chasing after him.

    He grabbed onto the railing and kicked his legs over, skipping each flight instead of running around and around. Once at the bottom, he ran to the horse stable, throwing a saddle on the horse and putting on its reigns. He could hear the guards nearby, “Find him!” He waited and waited until the sound of rushing guards grew quiet.

    “Come on boy.” He pulled the horse behind him, making sure everything was secure. He got onto the horse’s back and started galloping down the road. Hot on his heels, guards were chasing after Kris.

 

* * *

    

“Officer, he and his conniving brother brutally pushed poor Mr. Gusterson down the stairs only because he was angry at them for causing a ruckus at an ice cream parlour.” Dennis said hovering over the cop.

    “I know son you've repeatedly said that many, many times.” the officer said.

    “Just making sure you get that into your police report.” He said watching him write it down.

    Officer Applewhite was a tall but not so buff African-American man.

    “Now Jack.”

    “Um its Jake sir, and honestly neither me nor my brother pushed Mr. Gusterson down the stairs.”

“Yeah Jakes telling the truth, we didn't hurt him, he probably did it  himself just to get me and my brother arrested so we’d leave this place.” Milo added.

“He’s right. He treats us like we're freakin Annie. Except of course without the red hair.”

“Guys, guys I believe you two both of you to be honest I was an Orphan here too.” Officer Applewhite said.

“If you don’t mind me asking how old were you when you were adopted?” Jake asked curiously.

“Well for the longest time I thought I wouldn’t get adopted because I was fourteen and who would want to adopt a teenager, but one day a couple with a baby boy was looking for a teenage son and then I was adopted.”

“See in the past Jake hand a few chances but they only wanted one child and Jake refused to leave me. I was selfish I told him to go but I was happy he stayed. Now I see how stupid I was he would of had a better life if I would of just let him go.” Milo confessed.

“Well he’s your brother Milo, and you’re not stupid so dont beat yourself up about it.” Officer Applewhite said putting his hand on his shoulder.

“You really wanted me to stay?” Jake asked.

“Well yeah you’re my baby brother and I love you.” Milo said as Jake gave him a big hug. “Oh and thanks again for not pressing charges.”

“Youre very welcome boys. Now I’ve got to go, if you ever need me, or Mr. G lays another hand on you, i’ll be here ok?”

“Yes, thanks a ton.”Jake said in great relief.

“Well you know my number.” He chuckled as he walked down the stairs and out the front door.”

 

* * *

    

    The next morning, Zane and Max sat by the door of the band room waiting for the teacher to come. It was especially cold this morning and the boys were huddled up, “Man when is Mr.Mitchell getting here? It’s not getting any warmer.” Max complained.

    Amber and a small group of others skated to them. They kicked their boards up into their hands, “You got that english paper Zork?” She said, her hand out and waiting for the assignment.

Zane sighed and searched through his bag for the paper, “By the way, its Zane.” He said while handing her the paper.

“Yeah whatever.” She said as she threw the assignment into her bag and skated away, the group following soon after, making faces at the two as they left.

Max frowned, “Why do you keep letting her do that? The only nice thing she’s ever done for you was pull you out of the ice cream shop only to run into the police.”

Zane shrugged, “She’s harmless. Besides. You’re the one that shouted, ‘ICE CREAM FIGHT!’

Max blushed in embarrassment, “Well it was an in the moment thing don’t judge me.”

“Judging you!” Zane joked. The door to the band room finally opened and the two boys went into the warm room.

* * *

    Amber and the gang skated around campus, daring each other to try crazy stunts left and right. Neil skated up to Amber, “Hey Ambro. I betcha five bucks I can beat you in a race across campus.” Amber laughed, “Yeah right. Prepare to lose five bucks.”

    The group knew Amber and Neil were a competitive pair. They placed their bets and gave it to one person in the group.

Amber and Neil started at the second floor of the E building.  “Alright Neil. You know the rules. First one to make it to the 30’s building wins.” Neil smirked, “You better have that five bucks ready for me.”

“On your marks. Get set. GO!” The two started off, sliding down the railing of the steps. The group followed close behind as the two skated down the halls.

Just around the corner, Dennis and Luna were walking hand in hand with Sam following behind. The pair was oblivious to the sound of wheels rolling and people cheering nearing them.

Neil and Amber turned the corner but couldn’t stop themselves quickly enough. “LOOK OUT!” The two skaters ended crashing into the three students.

The 5 groaned in pain from the crash, rolling over on the floor either trying to get off of someone or trying to get someone off. “Okay what the heck was that!” Luna quickly regained herself, kicking Neil off of her. Amber sat up and rubbed her head, “Man that was a nasty crash…” Dennis scrambled to his feet, “Luna! Babe! Are you okay?!” Luna nodded, “I’m fine.”

Jake and Milo, who happened to be walking by when they crashed, stopped, “Woah Luna are you okay there?” He asked, worried for her well being. “I’m fine.” She said, annoyed at Jake. She was still annoyed at Jake, for she still believed he picked on Dennis at the ice cream shop.

Sam was still on the ground, Amber sitting on top of him, “I’m fine too, thanks for asking…” He mumbled. Amber stood up, “Sorry ‘bout that.” She pulled Sam up, “You know, you three look familiar. Have I seen you before?” Sam glared at her, “Yeah you got us ARRESTED yesterday.”

Amber chuckled, “Oh yeah you guys! That was fun.” The other five had looked at Amber weirdly, “What?” she blinked.

The bell rang, thus ending this little meeting. The five then went their separate ways to their classes.