Ch 1:The beginning

Royal Blood

(left to right top row: Milo, Amber, Zane. Left to right bottom row: Jake, Luna, Kris)

 

Chapter 1

The Beginning


 

Four Kings and four Queens rushed with their little bundled up children in their arms as rain poured onto them. They impatiently knocked on the door of the home of a close friend of theirs. The woman answered with surprise to see all 8 had gathered there, “Your majesties.” She bowed, “What brings your highness here at this hour?”

    “Oh please, Celeste. Take them and hide them well, not in this world, and whatever you do.” She said, tears gathering at the corners of her eyes, “Keep them apart. I beg of you.”

    “But why, I- your majesty please tell me what's happening.” The Queen shook her head. “I’m afraid there is no time. Take the children now. We must go.” She placed a final kiss on her baby’s head and handed the babe to the woman, then kneeled down to her toddler son, “Milo, Be a good boy for Mommy, okay? I love you my dear boy.” She hugged him tightly, on the verge of breaking down into tears, “Goodbye.” She kissed his cheek and stood to go.

    “Come on, honey. It's time.” Her husband, the great King, said firmly, tearing up as well. The other Kings and Queens, being mothers and fathers themselves, said their sorrowful goodbye’s to their children, finding it near impossible to hold their tears.

    “Celeste, darling, what's going on?” Her husband said, emerging into the foyer. He froze and quickly bowed at the royalty, “Your majesty. What brings you all here?”

The king patted his dear friend’s shoulder, “Celeste can fill it in for us. We must hurry and go now.” The royals took off down the porch as the rain poured onto them.

“Mama!” Milo shouted, darting after her. She turned around, now crying heavily. “Mommy has to go now, but I promise baby, I’ll be back.” She quickly turned and ran away, the other seven following quickly after her. “MAMA!” He called after her. The little toddler tried to run after her, but only fell in the mud.

“Oh! Milo!” Celeste hollered, charging for him. She scooped up the muddy, crying toddler in her arms and brought him in, “Shh… It’s all right now dear. Don’t worry. Auntie will take care of you.” She then turned towards her husband. “Lorenzo, is Kris asleep?”

“Yes why?”

“Get the portal ready. We're going to the mortal world. Its urgent."

* * *

Kris awoke to the sound of his parents rushing around the house. He was confused as to why they were up late, and stayed quiet as he watched them.

Kris saw another little boy around his age and smiled before waddling out from his hiding space, "Hey there! I'm Kris!" He said happily with a cheeky grin.

Milo, though, did not return the same enthusiasm, for he longed to see his mother, "Hey... I'm Milo..." he mumbled as he watched the rain fall through the window.

“What's wong you seem sad.” Kris asked curiously.

“Well my mommy left me  and my baby brother Jakey. I wanna see my mommy.” He said sadly.

“She’ll come back... Well, I think. My mom stays with me. So I'm sure yours will come back.” Suddenly Lorenzo grabbed Kris.

“Kris, son why are you up?” Kris examined his father. He was fully dressed and ready to go. Kris was only two but he knew it was very late and that his dad never would leave at this time. “Where you going daddy?” His father picked him up and carried him to his room, “Mommy and Daddy have something important to do. Be a good boy and stay in bed okay?”                                       

Kris nodded and pulled the blanket over his shoulders, “Goodnight Daddy.” His father left instructions for the nanny before scooping up two of the babes in his arms as well as his wife. The front door opened to reveal a swirling portal. Lorenzo, Celeste, Milo, and the four babies jumped through the portal to the other world, leaving Kris with the nanny.

***

    The babies cried, dreading the harsh cold. The world they entered was different. It wasn’t the type of area they were used to living in, with beautiful mansions and wide open land with carriages to take them any place. The city was packed with little houses and apartment complexes, people zooming with their car’s left and right.

    “Where do we go Lorenzo?” Celeste turned and asked her husband, for she was clueless as to what to exactly do at the moment.

    “Separate them. Its what Mary wanted.” he answered.

    “Well, do they have a special system?” She asked desperately.

    “Yes. Its called foster care. I grew up in this land, I haven’t been here in a while, but I do know a thing or two.” And off they went to place the children at the doorsteps of different foster homes.

    At last they had to leave Milo and Jake, they couldn’t bear to separate the brothers. “Stay here okay, Milo? Take care of your brother and these nice people will take care of you.” His big eyes grew bigger, “But-but what about Mommy? Mommy and Daddy said they were coming back.”

    “Sweetie only time will tell when, but I promise you they will.” she said kissing his forehead. The couple turned and ran off, leaving little Milo confused on the front porch, left behind once again. He closed his eyes tight, wishing for his mother.