Perhaps it was Destiny

There is a Reason for Everything: Find it

                The ding of the doorbell alerted Yongguk to someone’s presence outside of his apartment. He hurriedly put the popcorn into the microwave and pressed start before heading for the door. Another ding from the impatient person on the other side made Yongguk chuckle.

                “Give me a sec, Zelo!” Yongguk said happily.

                 He finally opened the door and Zelo hurried in. “It’s raining out here! Couldn’t you have hurried?”

                “I didn’t realize. Sorry, I was making the popcorn.” Yongguk looked outside before shutting the door.

                “Is that popcorn I smell?” Zelo said sniffing the air.

                “I literally just said I was making popcorn.” Yongguk pulled the tall man into his kitchen.

                “Ah, right… oh! I brought the pizza!” Zelo held up the small box in his hands.

                “Great. Go put it on the table out there and I’ll bring plates and napkins.”

                “Do you need help with anything else?” Zelo asked as he walked away.

                “No… I think I got it all.” The buzzer dinged and Yongguk pulled the popcorn out of the microwave and poured the buttery fluffy substance into a bowl.

                With paper plates and napkins in one hand and popcorn bowl in the other, Yongguk walked into the living room and plopped down onto the couch beside Zelo.

                “I’ll grab the drinks. Did you pick a movie?” Zelo asked rising from the couch.

                Yongguk chuckled. “Acting like you own the place, aren’t you?”

                Zelo rolled his eyes. “I’m here all the time now, of course I at least know where your glasses are.”

                Yongguk nodded while turning on the tv and setting up the dvd player. Zelo had been coming over quite often and the same could be said about Yongguk going over to the younger’s house. It had all started after the first time, yes first because there were several occasions after, when Zelo spent the time.

                Two or three times a week, depending on how busy they were, Yongguk and Zelo would met up for dinner and usually they would sleep together, just sleep. It was a weird concept to Yongguk, just sleeping, but he was getting used to it. In fact, one of the reasons they were having this third night a week recently was because he was starting to miss having Zelo in the same bed as him. Waking up to him snuggled up beside him was calming and helped ease the loneliness. So yes, after two months of hanging out, Zelo definitely knew Yongguk’s apartment and Yongguk, as well, also knew Zelo’s apartment as well as he knew his own.

                “Here we go.” Zelo fell back onto Yongguk’s worn but comfortable couch. “By the way you are out of Root Beer.” Zelo put the two cups on the table.

                “I only got it for you.” Yongguk started the movie. “You can buy your own.”

                “I didn’t make you buy it!”

                “No, but you complained about not having anything else to drink besides water or alcohol.” Yongguk said playfully.

                “It isn’t good to drink alcohol all the time!” Zelo defended his choices.

                “Yes, yes of course.” Yongguk agreed, not wanting to hear Zelo explain his life choices again.

                They fell into a somewhat silence as the movie started, an action comedy one of Yongguk’s coworkers had been raving about. The pizza and popcorn was devoured and the two males were put into a sleepy state after all the food. Yongguk’s eyes were starting to drupe when he felt Zelo’s head fall onto his shoulder.

               Yongguk looked at him surprised before a gentle smile overtook his face. “Zelo…” He shook Zelo who whined. “Zelo, let’s go to bed.”

                “The movie…”

                “We can finish it later. Come on.” Yongguk paused the movie and stood up before helping Zelo to his feet.

                “I’m using the bathroom first.” Zelo yawned.

                “Okay.” Yongguk took the time to clean up the living room, glad they had used paper plates which made everything fast to clean up.

                By the time he had finished his quick clean up Zelo was exiting the bathroom. He grabbed his own clothes and went into the washroom to get ready for bed. When he exited, Zelo was already snuggled in bed.

                “Long day?” Yongguk asked quietly as he slowly got underneath the covers.

                Zelo nodded against the pillow, his eyes still shut. “Clients were a pain in the .”

                “Ah…” Yongguk said sympathetically as be scooted closer to Zelo.

                Zelo quickly latched onto Yongguk, knowing where he was even with his eyes closed, and made himself comfortable next to the older male. “Was your day okay?”

                “Hmmm, yes I suppose it was.” Yongguk said as he felt sleep taking over him. “I actually made a new song today; maybe I’ll show you tomorrow.”

                Zelo hummed, not quite able to respond anymore.

                Yongguk smiled and nuzzled his head into Zelo’s blue hair. The familiar scent was relaxing and Zelo’s presence was helping to lull him to sleep. He was feeling warm and fuzzy, like everything was right with the world and he was right where he was supposed to be.

                “I love you.” Yongguk unconsciously mumbled softly.

                Zelo went rigid in his arms and Yongguk opened his arms, wanting to know what was wrong when he realized what he had just said. A shiver went down Yongguk’s spine.

                “What did you say?” Zelo asked, sounding more awake.

                “I…”

                Then, it hit him, the reason why he always hung out with the blue haired male so often, the reason why he relaxed in his company and why it was he didn’t think about Himchan anymore. Zelo was the reason Yongguk was smiling again. Zelo wasn’t just an excuse or a way to get away from his problems, because he could still be in his studio creating music or drinking his problems away with Zico, another producer, but here he was acting domestic with Zelo, even though they barely talked about their exes anymore.

                “Zelo, I love you.” Yongguk said honestly.

                Without a word, Zelo quickly jumped out of the bed and ran to his clothes.

                “Zelo?”

                Zelo didn’t reply; he just continued to dress himself and grabbed his stuff. Yongguk’s eyes widened when he saw him heading for the front door.

                “Hey! Zelo, wait!” Yongguk scrambled out of bed but by the time he had gotten to his feet Zelo had already run away.

                “!” Yongguk stomped his foot. “Why the hell did I do that?!”

                Yongguk started pacing around his apartment, running his fingers through his hair and rubbing his face, fidgeting anxiously as he wasn’t sure what to do now. Groans, moans, and muffled screeches came out of his mouth as his mind worked overtime trying to think of his options. What was he supposed to do when he only just realized he liked Zelo, and had told him at such a bad time?

                ‘Who ing tells someone they love them as they are falling asleep?!’

                Yongguk groaned. “I can’t blame him for running out, it’s awkward, but damn! He could have said something! What do I do?!”

                Yongguk’s phone caught his eye on his night stand. Slowly, he walked over to it. Once in his hand he looked through his list of contacts until his thumb was hesitating over the send button. ‘Can I do this? Am I really going to…’

                Yongguk gulped and nodded, knowing his feelings before tapping the call button. He was still nervous though as he held his breath, anticipating.

                “Who the is calling me at three in the morning?” A deep groggy voice came from the phone.

                “Chan—Himchan, I need your help.” Yongguk confessed slowly, annunciating each syllable.

                “Yongguk?” Himchan asked in surprise, his entire demeanor changing. “Yeah, sure what’s up?”

                Yongguk sighed and sat down on his bed. “I think I ed up and I don’t know what to do.”

                “Tell me what happened.” Yongguk could hear the rustling of blankets and assumed Himchan was getting out of bed and moving someplace else as to not wake up Jongup. Before this information would have killed his heart, but now… now he was just desperate to get his own bed buddy back; his happiness.

                So, Yongguk began. He started from the wedding and held nothing back. He explained how they met, the continuous texting between them, and the night at the club which led to their many nightly meetings.

                “Wait, wait, wait.” Himchan said laughing. “You just sleep?”

                Yongguk groaned. “Himchan that isn’t what is important right now.”

                “ Bbang, I just never thought I’d see the day, but please, continue.” Himchan was still chuckling softly.

                Yongguk ran his fingers through his hair again. “Anyhow, tonight we hung out again and as we were falling asleep I said I loved him, and wow I think—no like it hit me I really do love him, but he ran away. I don’t know what to do now.”

                “Bbang.”

                “Yeah?” Yongguk asked full of hope.

                “You are a .”

                 “Excuse me?” Yongguk asked.

                “Stop talking to me and get your out there to find him! Obviously he is scared. You might be over me, which I know was hard and I still feel bad about but, I’m really glad you called me and we should get coffee sometime—“

                “Chanie!” Yongguk cut off his rambling friend.

                “OKAY! Bbang, you need to go find him! He might still be feeling confused or be thinking that you are just transferring your feels for me onto him.”

                “Ok… okay. Thanks Chanie.” Yongguk said, thankful for his friend’s advice. He got up and walked to his closet to pull out random clothing.

                “You’re welcome… and I meant it about the coffee. I still want to be friends, Bbang.”

                Yongguk smiled as he pulled his coat on. “Me too, I’m glad I was able to move on eventually.”

                “Alright, good luck finding him and you better not ing wake me up again unless it is important.”

                “Not even if I find your favorite beauty cream 50% off?” Yongguk teased.

                “Good NIGHT Yongguk.” Himchan said forcibly before hanging up.

                Yongguk smiled, glad he had his best friend back. He knew things might never be the same between them again, but he was willing to make their friendship work somehow.

                ‘No time for that now though.’ Yongguk shook his head.

                He pulled his shoes on and ran out of his front door. He caught a bus, luckily making it here just as it was pulling up, and headed towards Zelo’s apartment. The ride was long which allowed him to think about his and Zelo’s relationship. ‘How had I been so blind?’ Yongguk mentally scolded himself. ‘We were sleeping together…OFTEN! We shared pizza and even brush our teeth together at the same time…’

                Not quickly enough for Yongguk but soon the bus made it to the stop he used to go to Zelo’s house. Yongguk was out of the bus before the doors had even opened fully. Running wasn’t his strong point, but Yongguk continued to run through the pain until he made it to Zelo’s apartment. He climbed the stairs two at a time until he reached the second floor. Yongguk was winded but Zelo’s door was only a few down and he ran the rest of the way there.

                “Zelo?” Yongguk pounded on Zelo’s door. After a few minutes of silence he rapped his knuckles against the metal door again, hoping the male would open the door. “Zelo, please let me in.”

                ‘Maybe he didn’t go home?” Yongguk looked around nervously. ‘Maybe he stopped somewhere along the way…’

                Yongguk decided to search the route, hoping Zelo had gotten off the bus early and walked most of the way. He was trying to keep the fears of Zelo being mugged or kidnapped out of his brain, but they kept crawling back. The fears had him skipping stairs down to the ground floor and running.

                Yongguk was so preoccupied with trying to think of where Zelo could be that he almost didn’t see the figure sitting on a bench hidden amongst the trees. If it wasn’t for the street lamp turning on, Yongguk would have passed right by the person he had been trying to find.

                “Zelo!” Yongguk skidded to a stop and turned around.

                “Yongguk?” Zelo stood up and was about to bolt off,

                “No you don’t!” Yongguk grabbed his arm just in time. “Stop running away!”

                “Let go!”

                “I will but please just hear me out. Just listen to me; please just now and after if you still don’t want to see me, I’ll leave you be tonight.”

                “Just tonight?”

                Yongguk’s hold on Zelo tightened. “I don’t want to lose you too.”

                Zelo pursed his lips. “Fine, but please let me go.”

                Yongguk immediately released him, although it was the one thing he really didn’t want to do. Zelo sat back down on the bench and Yongguk sat beside him. “I’m sorry I sprung that on you earlier, honestly I wasn’t planning on saying it—I didn’t even really know until I said it.”

                Zelo scoffed. “Then why did you say it?”

                “I was half-asleep and it came out! But after I said it I realized it was true. The whole way here I knew it was true.”

                Zelo shook his head. “It can’t be possible. You are just using me.”

                Yongguk was quiet as he carefully decided his next words. “I called Himchan.”

                “You what?!”

                “I called Himchan after you left because I wasn’t sure what to do, chase after you, call you, let you be for the night, or what. When I heard him get out of bed I felt a bit jealous— wait!” Yongguk held Zlo’s arm back. “Sorry, this isn’t coming out right. I wasn’t jealous about him but about what he had. I didn’t have any feelings for Himchan at all. I was jealous that the person I loved wasn’t beside me; I was jealous that he had Jongup while you were out here. I’m not if this makes sense but talking to him made me realized even more that my feels for him only go to close friendship and it made me miss you even more.”

                Zelo sat there beside him quietly. Yongguk had said what he came to say, that he meant what he had said and that he didn’t love Himchan anymore, so he waited as Zelo thought. The only noise came from the rustling of leaves in the gentle evening breeze.

                Zelo sighed. “I’m not sure what to say.”

                Yongguk fidgeted with his fingers.  “Do you still care for Jongup?”

                “Honestly?” Zelo paused. “I think… I think I’m okay now. I saw him at work today and things were… normal. It made me feel weird that I didn’t feel more when I saw him.”

                “Eventually we have to move on, right?” Yongguk asked.

                “Will you move on if I tell you that I don’t like you?” Zelo suddenly asked as he looked Yongguk in the eyes.

                “Yes I will because that is life.” Yongguk answered honestly. “but instead of giving you up I would rather try keeping our love alive and let it grow.”

                Zelo turned his sights back to the street as he thought about Yongguk’s answer.

                “Zelo, do you… I mean I’m sure that’s a no but, how do you feel about me?” Yongguk asked, putting himself out there.

                Zelo looked down at his hands. “I don’t know. Truthfully, I’m not sure exactly how I feel about you. How do I know that you aren’t just a rebound?”

                Yongguk nodded slowly as he his lips and looked away, trying not to show Zelo his hurt expression. He was about to stand when Zelo started speaking again.

                “But… I like how I feel around you.” Zelo said quietly. “I think I’d be willingly to try out a relationship with you and see how things go.”

                “Really?” Yongguk grinned when he saw Zelo nod with a small smile on his face. “That’s all I could ask for.”

                Zelo’s smile grew, making Yongguk’s grow even larger.

                Zelo leaned over, hiding his face in the crook of Yongguk’s neck. “Would it be awkward if I still came over to sleep?”

              Yongguk chuckled at Zelo’s cuteness and nuzzled the top of his head. “No it won’t. Nothing has to change. Let’s go.” Yongguk stood up and was going to start walking when he realized Zelo still hadn’t stood up. He looked back to see Zelo sitting there pouting. “Zelo?”

                “Well… some things can change.”

                “Like what?”

                “Like well… we can kiss now right?” Zelo said straight forward, although a slight blush was forming.

                “Yes, we can kiss now.” Yongguk chuckled and held his hands out to Zelo and pulled him up.

                 Zelo gladly accepted the help up and stood there awkwardly in front of Yongguk. Yongguk shook his head at how silly they were being before pulling Zelo down to his height and placing a gentle kiss on his lips. He could feel Zelo smile against his lips before he wrapped his hands around Yongguk’s shoulders.

                Yongguk’s instincts were screaming at him to deepen the kiss, instead he ignored them and pulled away since he didn’t want to go too fast with Zelo still unsure about his feelings. The look in Zelo’s eyes when he pulled away was more than reassuring, telling him he had made the right choice and let Zelo still feel more relaxed around him. He could sense the love radiating from Zelo but, he wasn’t sure if he was just imagining it or not so he stayed quiet.

                Instead, Yongguk took Zelo’s hand in his and intertwined their fingers together. “Come on, let’s go home.”


A/N: And done! I hope you liked it! Thanks for reading and commenting and upvoting and all that good stuff 

^_^ Love y'all~~