Mistake?

There is a Reason for Everything: Find it

                Yongguk was pacing around his small apartment.  The wedding from hell had been a few weeks prior and Yongguk’s feelings on the event still hadn’t changed. His emotions were a wreck and it didn’t help that there was nothing to distract him from thinking about Himchan, especially on this day, the day that would have been their 5th year anniversary. In the state he was in he couldn’t write music; all his songs recently had the same feel and same meaning so he needed to take a break, and his two other friends, Daehyun and Youngjae, were out of town on vacation for their own anniversary.

                Yongguk was going crazy trying to think of what he could do or who he could talk to when it hit him. ‘Zelo!’ Yongguk dove for his cellphone he had left on the couch and looked at the conversation the two had been having.

                Since the wedding the two had been in contact, texting each other a few times a day just to check on the other and see how they were doing or if they had found a coping mechanism yet. Yongguk looked at the screen nervously, not sure if the younger male would really want to hear about his problems. Yes they shared, but today Yongguk was really feeling down.

                Yongguk groaned and leaned against the back of the couch. “What the am I doing?”

                The notification sound on Yongguk’s phone went off and slowly he lifted the device up to his face. His eyes widened in surprise to see it was Zelo.

                                How are you?

                Yongguk fiddled with his phone as he thought about how to reply. ‘ it.’

                He hit the call button and brought the phone to his ear.

                “Hello?” Zelo asked curiously from the other end.

                “Zelo? This is Yongguk.”

                “Oh! Hey, what’s up?”

                Yongguk paused not quite sure what to say. Zelo was still practically a stranger to him so unloading on him seemed weird and way too personal, but at the same time, Zelo was a stranger who was going through the same feelings as him.

                “Bad day?” Zelo asked finally.

                Yongguk sighed. “It is um… today would have been Himchan and my fifth anniversary.”

                “Damn…”

                “Yeah.” Yongguk said lamely, although just telling Zelo made him feel better.

                “What are you doing?”

                Yongguk looked around his apartment and almost laughed at how pitiful he seemed. “Nothing, I literally have nothing to do so I keep pacing.”

                “Do you know where Avenue is?”

                Yongguk scrunched his eyebrows together in thought. “The club? Yeah I guess… why?”

                “Meet me there in forty minutes.”

                “I don’t really dance—“

                “I do.”

                Yongguk laughed.

                “I mean—well… I love dancing and it helps me get my mind off of things. Maybe it will help you too?”

                Yongguk smiled at how cute Zelo was. “Okay, I’ll give it a try. Anything is better than being stuck at home alone.”

                “Forty minutes! Don’t be late!” Zelo warned.

                Yongguk pulled himself off the couch and leisurely walked to his closet. “Forty minutes, don’t worry I’ll be there.”

                They hung up and Yongguk was glad he had made the call. He switched into his nicer jeans, accented with a brown leather belt. He grabbed a plain grey tee and a blue snapback before slipping his wallet into his jean’s back pocket. After 10 more minutes of primping and making sure he didn’t look like a mess he was walking down the stairs outside his apartment.

                The club was a twenty minute walk from his apartment, or 5 minute bus ride, but he had time so he spent his time walking. He still arrived early and was contemplating waiting in the nearby café when he heard someone call his name.

                He was Zelo waving from the long line outside the club. Yongguk did a little jog over to meet him, ignoring the glares from the people behind Zelo.

                “You’re early!” Zelo sounded excited.

                “Actually, I live really close to here. I’m surprised you were here already.” Yongguk admitted.

                Zelo smiled shyly. “Honestly, I was already on my way here.”

                “Do you come here often?” Yongguk asked curiously.

                “Are you giving me a pick up line?” Zelo chuckled.

                Yongguk punched Zelo lightly on the arm which increased the younger’s laughing. They continued talking as they quickly made their way up the line and eventually into the club. Zelo was a good distraction for Yongguk but thoughts of Himchan still lingered in his mind. All the couples made him think about the past and even talking to Zelo about meaningless things was making being in public almost as difficult as being home alone. It didn’t take long after entering for Yongguk to make his way to the bar.

                “Want to toast to something?” Zelo asked as he got a shot.

                Yongguk groaned as he looked at the shot in his own hand. “To best friends who we don’t want to lose, but can’t afford to think about.” He quickly tossed the liquid down his throat.

                Zelo sighed and shrugged before downing his own shot in one gulp. “Here, here.” Zelo looked out at the mass of people dancing. “Now, let’s go dance.”

                “Maybe one more.” Yongguk signaled for another drink.

                Zelo rolled his eyes. “Alcohol isn’t going to help you forget.”

                “No… but it helps. Also, if you want me out on that dance floor, I’m going to need some alcohol.”

                Zelo pursed his lips. “Are you really going to dance with me?”

                “I can’t just watch?” Yongguk asked hopefully.

                “No.”

                The bartender passed them their shots which they drank quickly. Yongguk had barely put the glass back onto the counter when Zelo grabbed his arm and practically dragged him out onto the dance floor.

                “Zelo…”

                “Just stand like this.” Zelo moved his hands to Yongguk’s waist and began to move them side to side. “This isn’t too hard is it?”

                “No…” Yongguk grumbled.

                “What?” Zelo asked not hearing Yongguk over the music.

                “I can do this!” Yongguk said a little louder.

                Zelo laughed, the sight bringing a smile to Yongguk’s face. “Good, now you work with music so I’m assuming you can feel the rhythm. Just move with it.”

                Yongguk’s lips twisted as he began to feel unsure.

                “Don’t worry, there are so many people here they won’t be watching you.” Zelo said encouragingly as he began to dance.

                Yongguk continued to move slowly, but to the beat, as he watched Zelo dance around. The younger man was amazing and Yongguk couldn’t take his eyes off of him. Eventually they gained a crowd and Yongguk moved more into the crowd, letting Zelo have the spotlight. The current song ended and Zelo smiled at all the people, bowing and waving before looking to his left and then Yongguk saw Zelo’s whole demeanor change. His shoulders sagged, his smile dropped, and all happiness seemed to drain out of him.

                Yongguk walked into the clearing around Zelo and straight to him. “Are you okay?”

                Zelo shook his head and walked past him to the bar. Yongguk stood there confused before following after him. Once he reached the bar he asked him again what happened.

                It wasn’t until after they drank the shots Zelo ordered them that he spoke up. “Jongup and I used to go dancing a lot. For a second while I was out there I forgot that he wasn’t there dancing beside me. When we go to clubs we would usually grab a crowd easily.”

                “Oh.” Yongguk said lamely. He wasn’t good with his words and didn’t know what to say, but he patted the younger’s back and signaled the bartender for another round, hoping that Zelo understood his feelings.

                “Dancing usually lets me take my mind off of things but what do I do when it reminds me of him?” Zelo looked down at Yongguk with sadness.

                Yongguk sighed. “You keep dancing because it’s what you love. Eventually you’ll stop thinking about him.”

                “It’s not the same…” Zelo shook his head and they drank their next shot.

                Four shots within an hour and Yongguk was definitely starting to feel the effects. A part of him knew that he should stop there but the part of him in agony raised his hand for more alcohol.

                “What if… what if you make new memories, without him?” Yongguk said. “Like, we could dance. I’m horrible at dancing but I could do something and then next time you go out, you’ll think of me and not of him. You’ll laugh at me instead of cry over him.”

                “You’d do that for me?” Zelo asked, blinking his eyes a little more than usually as he tried to keep everything in focus.

                Yongguk nodded as he took the glasses from the bartender and passed one to Zelo. “A new toast, to you and me making new memories.”

                “New memories!” Zelo shouted before swallowing the shot and slamming the glass down onto the counter. “Let’s go!”

                This time Yongguk went willingly, feeling fuzzy but ready to do whatever it was Zelo was pulling him out to the floor to do.

                “Feel the music Yongguk.” Zelo said before doing a body roll to start off his flow.

                Yongguk began moving his hips and attempted a body roll. In his mind he was as good as Zelo so it was probably best that he didn’t see the smiles or hear the giggles he had produced from others. He continued to move, keeping it simple, but still moving to the beat. Feeling confident about his movements, Yongguk’s eyes went back to Zelo.

                Zelo was moving fluidly and graceful, lost in his own element. Yongguk felt compelled to grab him, as if he was afraid he would slip away like water, just like the way he seemed to dance. So, he reached out and grasped Zelo’s waist, pulling Zelo to him. Zelo yelped but when he saw it was Yongguk he calmed a little.

                Yongguk leaned his head on Zelo’s shoulder as he continued to rock back and forth. “Now you can’t slip away, I have you.”

                “But do you think you can hold me?” Zelo smiled, the liquor making him feel flirtatious. He dropped to the floor and then rose back up slowly, making sure Yongguk felt him come all the way up.

                Yongguk’s grip tightened on Zelo, one part of him doing so to keep Zelo from getting away from him, the other just wanting him even closer. They were heating up, from the club atmosphere and the alcohol running through their veins. Their brains were cloudy as they continued to dance, closer and closer until there was no space between them. Clothes barely kept them apart as Yongguk and Zelo’s hands began to explore the other.

                It almost seemed natural when Zelo bent down and sloppily kissed Yongguk. Yongguk threaded his fingers through the dark blue locks to pull him down farther and deepen the kiss. Tongues quickly invaded the other person’s mouth as if searching for something. Yongguk felt Zelo lightly pass his hand across the front of his pants and groaned.

                He pulled away from the kiss gasping. “…”

                Zelo nibbled on Yongguk’s ear.

                Yongguk backed away and Zelo whined. Yongguk smirked and grabbed Zelo’s hand, now his turn to drag him somewhere.

                “Where are we going?” Zelo slurred in confusion as they walked outside.

                “My place.”

                How they made it back, Yongguk wasn’t quite clear on seeing as the route wasn’t his main focus. Zelo’s body was. By the time they made it back Yongguk was more than ready to see every inch of Zelo’s body, see every inch that he had touched earlier and touch more.

                Yongguk shut the door behind him and threw his shirt off as soon as the door shut. He roughly kissed Zelo, making him moan, while he backed him up to the bed. Yongguk didn’t give Zelo a second to breathe after the blue haired male fell back onto the bed, instead straddling him and continuing to devour his mouth. Zelo’s hands were gripping Yongguk’s thighs tightly before they slid up to his . Yongguk groaned as he felt the pressure of Zelo’s hands start to move to his belt buckle.

                “No, you first.” Yongguk panted.

                He sat up, pulling Zelo up with him and helped him out of his oversized shirt. As Zelo was falling back onto the bed, Yongguk was already getting to work on his pants. The need to see everything was driving his actions.

                That was, until his cellphone rang. Yongguk groaned and laid his head on the bed beside Zelo.

                “Do you need to get it?” Zelo asked as he slipped his hands into Yongguk’s pants.

                Yongguk almost ignored it but he needed to see if it was someone important, so he pulled the phone out of his front pocket. “, yeah. It’s my brother.”

                Zelo whined as Yongguk got up and answered the phone.

                “What do you want?”

                “Anger? Wow didn’t expect that. I was thinking you would be in your apartment moping.”

                “Moping?” Yongguk asked confused. Then, reality hit him. Himchan and his anniversary, the reason he went out with Zelo, to forget. “Right… I was trying not to think about it.”

                “Oh… I’m sorry… I was just calling to check on you.”

                “Well, I’m just fine. Thanks for calling.” Yongguk rubbed his temple as he began judging his actions from the night.

                “Wait, Yongguk—“

                “Really, I don’t want to talk about it. I’m getting over it.” Yongguk interrupted. “Bye.”

                He clicked the ‘end call’ button and then slowly turned back to Zelo who was propped up on the bed, reading the change in atmosphere. Yongguk’s feeling of guilt filtered through the room.

                “Zelo, I am so sorry.” Yongguk started. “I should have never have let things get this far. This really wasn’t supposed to happen.”

                Zelo’s eyes narrowed as he sat up all the way. “What the hell do you mean? I was letting this happen too. You don’t control my actions.”

                “Wait.” Yongguk put a hand up and closed his eyes as he tried to sort out his thoughts. “That wasn’t right; not what I meant.  I don’t want to get physical with you because I still want us to be able to talk like before. A one night stand is different between friends and I don’t want things to get awkward…. More awkward between us.”

                “Awh.” Zelo relaxed. “I see… yeah I understand. That’s kind of like Jongup and I… like how we were intimate but still just friends…probably what is messing me up so badly.” Zelo sighed and lied back onto Yongguk’s bed. “Would you mind if I stayed here though?”

                “What?” Yongguk asked, not sure if he heard him correctly.

                “Sleeping alone… sleeping alone is so hard. I usually take sleeping pills.”

                Yongguk sadly looked at the man and nodded before he realized Zelo wasn’t looking at him. “Yeah you can stay… can I get you a shirt to wear?”

                Zelo laughed lightly. “Yeah that would be nice. Can I get water from your kitchen?”

                Yongguk smiled. “No problem, cups are above the toaster.”

                Yongguk dug into his closet and pulled out a shirt and gym shorts for himself, which he put on immediately, and then a shirt and shorts for Zelo. He tossed the clothes onto the bed before using the bathroom.

                “Thanks.” Zelo said coming into the bedroom again.

                Once Yongguk entered the room, Zelo went to change in the restroom, leaving Yongguk not sure what to do. What does one do when two somewhat friends are going to sleep, just sleep, together? Should he go wait in the kitchen, sit on the bed, lay in the bed. Yongguk shook his head. ‘Why do all of these seem like the beginning of a o? It’s my bed and I’m tired. I’m getting in and it will be totally normal.’

                Yongguk was climbing into the bed, just as Zelo exited the bathroom. He watched Zelo deposit his clothes onto the chair and then looked at the bed nervously.

                “This seems awkward, doesn’t it?” Yongguk asked.

                Zelo nodded. “I’m sorry.”

                Yongguk laughed and lifted up his blankets as an invitation. Zelo smiled shyly but quickly slipped onto the bed and under the covers. Yongguk didn’t realize that by holding the blankets like that he would end up with his arm around Zelo. He was left with the awkward decision of moving his arm or leaving it.

                “Umm--”

                Zelo moved in closer to Yongguk. “Is this okay?”

                Yongguk sighed quietly hearing Zelo voice tremble a tad. ‘Why the hell not? it.’ He wrapped his arm around Zelo to pull him closer. “Yeah, it’s fine. Good night, Zelo.”

                Zelo hesitantly moved his arm around Yongguk and readjusted his head to a more comfortable position, practically on Yongguk’s arm. “Good night, Yongguk.”


A/N: um wow in like 5 hours I've gotten [in my opinion] so many votes and subscribers! 

really wasn't expecting it... Thank you guys so much!! 

I'm super motivated to write the last part.

>.< Hope I don't let you down!!