DAY 3

THE PABO TOURIST.

Why is she nervous? I was confused, she should be happy because I taught her Korean so that she can tour her family around. So what is with her expression yesterday?

I got up from bed and proceeded to the kitchen to drink water. But I stop midway when I saw Amber and her aunt talking seriously.

 

“They’re gonna be here later. You know what that means.” Her aunt said and heaved a sigh

Amber’s eyes are full of sadness. I want to know why so I decided to eavesdrop a little.

 

“They are gonna bring that Henry guy auntie. You know that I don’t like him. But dad wants to because of that business” Amber said and punched the table

Her aunt hushed her and patted her back. I was kind of surprised of what she said. Wait, is that the reason why she is in Korea? Is she lying to me all the time?

 

“Did you try to speak up against yourself?” her aunt asked

Amber shook her head “Dad said I could never have a boyfriend that’s why he did this.”

Whoah. That’s tough. Did her dad consider her feelings? But thinking of it, Amber can have a boyfriend if she tries. She has a nice smile and nice personality.

 

“Well I have an idea.” Her aunt started “Why don’t you and that Kris Wu pretend to be couples for the time when your parents are here”

My eyes widened and so did Amber’s. She laughed and hugged her aunt.

 

“No way. He’ll be bothered.” She sighed “I just have to say this over and over to dad that I won’t ever get a boyfriend but I don’t like his idea”

I nodded. I returned to my room but heard a knock on the door after a few minutes. Opening it I saw Amber smile.

 

“Where are you going?’ I asked

 

“To fetch my family. So if you need food, just open the fridge.” She leaned in to whisper “And there is beef in the oven. I heated it for you”

I laughed. But.

 

“Can I come with you? To the airport?” my mouth suddenly spoke

Her face was in confusion “Why?”

I found  a good excuse and this was all I can say  “I should thank them. Ahh yeah”

She snorted a laugh “Oh okay.”

“Okay I’ll change. Give me five minutes” I said

She nodded slowly and smiled.

Whooh. Why did I came up with that idea?

--

I can clearly see the worried face of Amber as we stepped inside the airport. On the way I imagined what if my parents arranged my married life to someone I don’t like. I will not meet –

 

“Hey Kris.” Amber waved her hand in front of me “I gotta go to the comfort room for a minute” she said

I nodded “I will sit there okay?” I pointed to the bench

She nodded and ran away. I shake my head, worried for her too on why is she in this situation. She was just a random stranger back then but now she’s a friend. Even though I taught the wrong meaning of I love you.

I laughed. She was so innocent.

I heard a laugh from the guy behind me sitting at the other bench which is also behind the bench which I’m sitting on.

 

“I’m here in Korea until tomorrow. We will meet that Amber.”

I snapped and looked at the guy. Is this the Henry they were talking about? Or is this Amber’s brother? Father? Aissh Kris stop.

 

“I don’t like her. She has no appeal.”

I cringed. Hasn’t he see Amber’s body? I’m not a ert but I saw her wearing sleeveless.

 

“It’s okay. I can cheat on her when we’ll get married. She wouldn’t care”

. What? Does he treat Amber like this?

 

“Kris.” Someone called and I knew it was Amber “Lets go to the waiting area?”

 

“Amber?”

Amber’s smiling face turned into a horrified expression. She pointed at him.

 

“Henry? Wha-What. Where is mom and dad?” she asked as she shuttered

 

“Hey Amber. Won’t you even welcome me? Huh?” he approached her but she raised her hand

 

“Don’t go near me or I’ll send you to the hospital like what I did to you last time”  she threatened

 

I laughed. She sure is brave.

 

“Josephine?”

We three turned our heads. Amber ran and hugged her mom and dad. Yep, they sure are a happy family. She picked up her little sister and hugged her like a stuff toy . But I looked at Henry, neh.

 

“We missed you. How have you been doing? Do you eat well?” her mom asked

 

“Aunt is a great cook eomma. No need to worry.”

 

They hugged once again.

 

“But mom. What is he doing here?” Amber asked and looked at Henry who has no care but to play with his phone.

 

“Josephine you already know why.” Her father spoke

She wore the painful expression again “But dad I have a boyfriend!’’

The rest of us was surprised. I think I get Amber here.

 

“But where is he? I need a proof. Amber are you cheating on me?” that Henry spoke

What the—He was the one who was glad at cheating earlier.

 

“He-He’s at aunt’s apartment and—“

My feet automatically moved on it’s own.

 

“Annyeonghasaeyo I’m Kris”

I looked at Amber, well she was shocked.

 

“Who are you dear?”  her mother asked

 

“I’m Amber’s boyfriend Mrs.Liu”

Well I guess there is no turning back on this one.

 

“Oppa!” her younger sister called. I lifted her and faced Amber’s parents.

 

“Are you sure you’re Amber’s boyfriend?” her father asked

 

I smiled ”Yes sir.”

 

“Well then that’s great! Uhh.”

 

“Should I take you to your hotel?” I asked

Amber’s parents nodded and picked up their bags and proceeded to the exit. Amber was still in state of shock while his sister was playing with my hair.

 

“I guess I’m free” Henry suddenly spoke “I’m gonna go back to where I came from.” He muttered and left

 

“Hey Amber.” I waved my hand. Her sister joined me too.

 

“What did you do?”

 

“Saved your ? I heard that Henry say bad things about you so.”

 

“I’m a stranger.” She said

I shook my head “You’re a friend now.” I sighed “Can you at least thank me?”

 

She smiled “Thank you.”

He ruffled her hair “That’s good let’s go.”

--

They went to the places where Kris showed Amber, taught her some Korean words. He was a bit of afraid though if Amber mentions pabo. Never will he forget how he deceived her.

Amber’s parents were busy touring around Seoul that they want time for themselves but leave the little daughter to Amber. At first Amber disagreed but Kris picked up the little girl and smiled to her parents.

 

“You’re  so good at acting.” She spoke

 

The three of them were at an ice cream shop. Amber’s little sister was so amazed by the store that she pulled Kris’ hair just to get his attention. They were having fun that’s the way to describe it.

Kris is still wondering why Amber’s parents are like that. You know, letting their daughter marry someone she doesn’t love.

Amber is still bothered, who’s  the girl on his phone was but it was not her concern anymore so she shrugged the thought away.

The two are really thinking hard.  They were in the middle of eating their own ice cream and suddenly Kris’ phone rang again. Amber snapped while wiping the ice cream off her sisters face, is this like yesterday?

Kris stood up again without a word and ran outside, Amber quickly paid for their Ice cream, carried her little sister and ran after the guy who just ran away. She wants to get angry to him, but she owes him so this is the payback. It was hard for her to run after him, she was carrying her sister who was laughing and knowing that Kris has long legs, she sure is exhausted. She just caught up when Kris stopped in front of  a restaurant, he was holding his phone again.

She tapped his shoulder and he looked at her. His expression was unreadable. Amber scanned him, though she was still catching her breath she was able to get a glimpse at his phone, still the same girl though but now Kris is holding a ring?